PDA

View Full Version : New Dunkirk movie trailer - great aerial scenes!

Carl_Brisgamer
05-07-2017, 19:04
The new Dunkirk trailer is out (5/5/17) and has more aerial scenes.

http://fandom.wikia.com/videos/dunkirk-trailer-christopher-nolan-goes-war

Is that a Blenheim I see? And 109s, Spitfires, Stukas and Heinkels? :eek:

gully_raker
05-07-2017, 22:27
:thumbsup: Certainly looks very dramatic Carl!
Any release date details for Australia yet?

Carl_Brisgamer
05-07-2017, 22:47
:thumbsup: Certainly looks very dramatic Carl!
Any release date details for Australia yet?

In July Barry. You might be able to wrangle the Wintercon crowd to go an see it en-masse that weekend!

flash
05-07-2017, 23:31
That looks promising ! :)

milcoll73
05-08-2017, 00:08
looks interesting!

Flying Helmut
05-08-2017, 03:50
That looks promising ! :)

Ooooh, Yes!

Lt. S.Kafloc
05-08-2017, 14:34
Looks good a definite must see for me.

grumpybear
05-08-2017, 15:26
Got to see

Maverick
05-08-2017, 16:04
With the new film Dunkirk

and news of a new Battle of Britain;)

we could be spoilt !:clap:

It just gets better!

Mav

Baxter
05-08-2017, 18:14
Not so sure. A bit too much emphasis on death and drowning in the clip for me. I think the reality aspect can be a bit too overdone and appeal to the dark side. I lost my uncle (whom I never met) at Dunkirk he was in the Guards rear guard.

Stumptonian
05-08-2017, 20:08
Watched the trailer the other day and it does look good.
As usual I will wait for the DVD

Sorry to hear about your uncle, Gary.
Brings it home that real people were there and many did not make it out.
:salute:

Carl_Brisgamer
05-08-2017, 20:32
Not so sure. A bit too much emphasis on death and drowning in the clip for me. I think the reality aspect can be a bit too overdone and appeal to the dark side. I lost my uncle (whom I never met) at Dunkirk he was in the Guards rear guard.

Sometimes movies can be just too close to home. I only hope that the audience takes away a better understanding and greater respect for those men and women who put their lives on the line for their countries.

Naharaht
05-08-2017, 22:44
I was sad to hear that you lost your uncle at Dunkirk, Gary. The rearguard did a vital job and we must honour their sacrifice. :salute:

The trailer makes it look like a good film, so I shall have to look out for it. I remember the black & white Dunkirk movie starring John Mills, Bernard Lee and Richard Attenborough. It is shown on t.v. fairly regularly over here. I find that moving.

Carl_Brisgamer
05-08-2017, 22:57
Tomorrow I am going to my local cinema (Balmoral Cinema Bulimba) to talk to the manager about organising a gaming event at the cinema complex for the opening of Dunkirk. They have a section in the foyer that would be perfect. I will set up a table and get local forum members and other Wings veterans to come along. The plan is to play a game set around Dunkirk using aircraft depicted in the film. Patrons can watch and even jump in if they so desire. Might be a good way of signing up some new players.

I will advise on the Australian Wing section if I can get the project off the ground.

gully_raker
05-09-2017, 20:57
Tomorrow I am going to my local cinema (Balmoral Cinema Bulimba) to talk to the manager about organising a gaming event at the cinema complex for the opening of Dunkirk. They have a section in the foyer that would be perfect. I will set up a table and get local forum members and other Wings veterans to come along. The plan is to play a game set around Dunkirk using aircraft depicted in the film. Patrons can watch and even jump in if they so desire. Might be a good way of signing up some new players.

I will advise on the Australian Wing section if I can get the project off the ground.

:thumbsup: That's a really great idea Carl hope it comes off.