PDA

View Full Version : Music Preference?

Hamburger
11-22-2010, 06:06
So what are your music preferences? I like smooth jazz and classical music, you? :)

LGKR
11-22-2010, 07:19
Wedding marches and funeral dirges. :D

Attila57
11-22-2010, 07:59
Rock and pop despite my age :cool: (but I also like classical music; my favorite is Bach)

Attilio

LGKR
11-22-2010, 08:07
Seriously, I like music from Classical to Heavy Metal and anything in between. Depends on my mood.

g.paoletti
11-22-2010, 08:26
Did you ever listen the songs "Aces High" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO6giM9UAv0) and "Tailgunner" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbMGXXrF7ac) by Iron Maiden?

I like very much rock, soul and pop.

G.

The Cowman
11-22-2010, 08:31
Classic Rock, 80s, even some Hair Band... and when I am working on my hobbies I like John Williams, James Horner, Michael Giacchino etc - Movie Scores...

Note that I was raised by two hillbilly parents (I mean that as a compliment), and was thus raised on Country Music. I rebeled against that in my high school years and turned to Rock. However I did end up working as the MC/DJ/Assistant Manager of a very large country Night Club in Central Ohio from 1993-2004. The "Cowman" name has its roots there. You could say I turned to the dark side for a while... and now and then I have a small relapse... shhhh... don't tell anyone! :D :eek:

Von Pupp
11-22-2010, 08:48
Voted for rock but generally i prefer pop-rock to heavy metal.Also I don't mind jazz

Ed2
11-22-2010, 09:52
Can't beat the 50's & 60's Oldies but goodies.

Walt Powell
11-22-2010, 10:54
Waltzes.......and anything you can march to. ;)

RonaldRS
11-22-2010, 11:48
i just love it all !!! can't go with it!!!!:)

pistonpopper
11-22-2010, 11:58
I like the classical or movie themes when playing war games, it kinda puts things into '"epic" proportions! You know, like "a cast of thousands!" Really puts you in the mood for either a cavalry charge or a bombing run, or what ever your playing. Crazy huh?
Joe

Von Rotherham
11-22-2010, 12:48
My personal music tastes are incredibly eclectic, from Black Metal, to Classical, to 70's Krautrock, to Dark Ambient, to Medieval, to folk, to electro, to rock (and/or roll), to disco, to Heavy Metal, to hip hop and rap, to Elvis and of course Johnny Cash. I am no fan of Jazz though, it's the one music genre I can't abide, mainly due to being brought up with it continually on in the background.

As I generally play at my opponents house the music choice is his, so it ranges from bleepy electronica to Tom Waits, to Hawkwind to Monster Magnet (last week).

Maniac
11-22-2010, 18:10
Western, Bluegrass, Country (classic though, can't stand most modern 'country').

I also enjoy some classic rock (50s and 60s mostly, but a few things here and there that are newer), plus some classic (when in the UK that's all I listen to, as the rest of the radio is pop rubbish).

Scott
11-22-2010, 20:37
Trance. Electronica all the way. Deadmau5 is a favourite.

Skullduggery
11-22-2010, 22:17
All sorts from 60's rock to 70's punk Heavy. Metal of all kinds some jazz and 80's new wave like Depeche Mode. then there's always ...GWAR !!!

CappyTom
11-23-2010, 02:23
I like big band mostly. But can enjoy all forms from jazz to other and those listed in between.

Tom

Flying Officer Kyte
11-23-2010, 02:35
Apart from classical,pop, and jazz, I like electric folk, country, and comic opera.
Rob

Doug
11-23-2010, 03:21
I love classical especially Opera. Mozart being my favorate, but I still love all the other classical composers. I lisen to Opera whilst I am working on my model table. But I also like The Door's, Pink-Floyd, Yes, Hendrix, to name but a few, of the real heavy metal groups from the 60's & 70's.

bsmith13
11-23-2010, 10:29
I like all sorts of music, though not all jazz, classical, rock or other music is created equal. It really depends on my mood.

Bixby
11-23-2010, 14:07
I really like a wide variety of music depending on my mood. We have converted our 1200CD collection to MP3 so we have music on demand through our media center. I use it to make play lists for game nights and poker nights.

Some favourite bands are:
----- ROCK / BLUES -----
Pink Floyd
Peter Gabriel
Uriah Heep
Boston
Jethro Tull
Marcy Playground
Green Day
Alice Cooper
Alan Parsons Project
Modest Mouse
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Long John Baldry
Robert Cray
Doug & The Slugs
Crash Test Dummies
Rammstein

----- AMBIENT / ELECTRONIC / NEWAGE / TRANCE -----
Vangelis
Jean Michel Jarre
Mike Oldfield
Moby
Thievery Corporation
Mind In A Box
B-Tribe
Enigma
Delerium
Deep Forest
Air

----- FOLK -----
Decemberists
Garnet Rogers
Stan Rogers

And soundtracks by Ennio Morricone and Basil Poledouris

Lucky Bryan
11-24-2010, 08:35
I like Folk and Ballads.

Lucky

MayorJim
11-24-2010, 12:35
DISCO...70's 80s some 90s rock...classical...no country.

Also...check this one out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FX_ZmCzo6k&feature=related

Goering Ace
11-26-2010, 08:59
I love classic rock. Just seems they put more thought and effort into the musical composition back in the 70's and 80's.

I also love progressive rock with bands like RUSH (my favorite) and Dream Theater.

McKeever
11-26-2010, 10:20
Big band, swing, the Rat pack, that 1960's Vegas kinda stuff.

chub
11-27-2010, 13:08
You really can't beat a bit of Punk or Ska particularly SLF, The Stranglers, The Specials and though its not Ska Madness are legend

Mike George
11-30-2010, 09:07
Country Music, or early rock and roll 50's and 60's.

Propjockey53
11-30-2010, 10:25
I like it when Schroder plays "Its a long way to Tipperary" for Snoopy!!!! Its a happy jaunty little tune...

Wodin
11-30-2010, 23:50
I'm a garage and psych rock obsessive...had a massive collection of CD's that the missus kept...I took just a few...

Also love Jazz but not free jazz. Big band, Swing and some classical aswell as the crooners.

Raffvantye
12-01-2010, 09:27
listen to almost anything, but the soulful melodies of rap and house are still elusive.....

Du doch nicht!
12-01-2010, 09:55
Give me some Deep Purple and I am happy. Though i like (electric) guitar music in general. From 50s to 00s, as long it has melody and spirit.

Boney10
12-02-2010, 02:08
Rock & Pop, Im a 70s lad but like Beethoven too

AlgyLacey
12-02-2010, 02:24
Well the tin ear doesn't help and these days I seem to listen mostly to audiobooks or my Kids' music but I like most things in moderation.

Metallica to Mozart and Bix Beiderbecke to Folk (Up to the point where they adopt a nasal tone and think a song with 20 verses is twice as good as a song with ten.

;)

Diamondback
01-06-2011, 23:32
Classical and "Other"--most of my Buttkicking Mix is various film-scores, aside from MC Hawking's "Quake Master Mix"--it's Nerdcore, think "Stephen Hawking as brainiac gangsta-rapper". Not for play when kids are around, but if you ever played Quake III Arena in multiplayer you'll get most of it...:)

Stormkahn
01-07-2011, 02:01
dammit I ticked all four boxes!!

Beebop Jazz, can't beat spot of Mingus. Anything with distorted guitars unless it comes from Manchester! Beethoven, opera, films scores (13th warrior is a fave) Marley, Zappa....

Generally not the dancey stuff or rap, talk about mood altering, rap makes me crabby so I can't listen to too much Henry Rollins!!

Dave.

gully_raker
01-07-2011, 16:39
Old Joke--- I like both types---Country & Western!
Well I do like C & W but also Classical & Ambient with a glass or two of Red (or White) !

Incidently not sure how many of you have heard Garth Brooks version of "Belleau Wood" about the Christmas Truce.
If memory serves me it was on his "Sevens" Album some years back & was excellent.

gully_raker
01-07-2011, 16:46

Now thats both ends of the Story!!!!!! lol!!!

petitbilbo
01-08-2011, 02:57
Progresive rock from the 60s and 70s
Neo-prog
Psychedelic rock
Music in the dialect of my hometown (Cologne, Germany)
Early hard rock (Black Sabbath and such)

Basically, if it's not the modern crap that passes for 'pop music' nowadays, it's OK...

pivole
02-13-2011, 05:17
Swing, Black/Norweyan metal, Electro, 90s pop, Good British folk.
Difficult to beat some Glen Miller or jigs and reels.

CappyTom
02-13-2011, 05:29
Basically, if it's not the modern crap that passes for 'pop music' nowadays, it's OK...

I'm with you on that.

Stormkahn
02-13-2011, 06:31
Swing, Black/Norweyan metal, Electro, 90s pop, Good British folk.
Difficult to beat some Glen Miller or jigs and reels.

So Diablo Swing Orchestra and Korpiklaani?

pivole
02-13-2011, 09:46
Pretty well, yes.

David Manley
02-13-2011, 10:07
Anyone who has had a peek at my Ipod or my desktop hard drive would describe my tastes as "eclectic" (or maybe just wierd). I like just about anything as long as it doesn't give me too much of a headache.

Except Bieber, of course

Badin23
02-13-2011, 11:49
All of the above and then some. Very eclectic tastes...Punk to Classical, Country to Rap/Hip Hop.

Scotty
02-13-2011, 11:50
Metal (Megadeth to 5FDP)
Soundtracks (LOTR, Red Baron)
80's Rock (Q5, Garry Moore)
Classical

Scotty

Grey Knight
02-13-2011, 12:53
depends on my mood,classical,rock,jazz just about anything but rap.

Du doch nicht!
02-15-2011, 12:56
Tom Waits is a big favorite of mine. Anyone elses too?

Diamondback
02-16-2011, 19:39
I got Gunny Hartmann's "Cadence Mix" goin' right now...

"1, 2, 3, 4, United States Marine Corps!"

--Semper Diamondback

Ed2
02-16-2011, 19:57
I got Gunny Hartmann's "Cadence Mix" goin' right now...

"1, 2, 3, 4, United States Marine Corps!"

--Semper Diamondback

5,6,7,8, Move it along or we'll be late.

I remember a s___ bird in a rear squad replying.

Diamondback
02-16-2011, 20:01
What, you don't remember the cadence from Full Metal Jacket? It's a "Gunny Remix" of that from R. Lee Ermey's website...

82fox
02-18-2011, 10:38
I like rock, classical music (Dvorak, Smetana, Beethoven), but pop one to your liking.

Justin3.14
02-18-2011, 11:44
"Wedding marches and funeral dirges."
(He checks his 6)
Duhhhh.... same thing!
Quick/post/close window
In that case, you must love the music from A Clockwork Orange, I think the title theme was the funeral dirge of Queen Mary.

Justin3.14
02-18-2011, 11:48
Bixby wrote:
Vangelis
Jean Michel Jarre
Mike Oldfield
Moby
Thievery Corporation
Mind In A Box
B-Tribe
Enigma
Delerium
Deep Forest
Air

Ya know what? You come from a very flat land...
But great taste in Music!
PS, Look over yonder, you can still see your dog.....
;)

Algynon
02-18-2011, 13:22
Dance

Freemasons mostly.

Ravenlord
03-02-2011, 13:11
Iron Maiden!

In June they will come to Stuttgart!
That´s where I´ll gona bang my head! (but first a have to buy a peruke, my hair was a little longer in my younger years!)

Getter 1
03-02-2011, 18:04
Nice to see quite a few Iron Maiden fans in here :D

Ever hear of "Here come the Mummies"?

G1

Rum Demon
03-02-2011, 20:01
I wore my "Aces High" Iron Maiden T-shirt to the pub last night to play DoW with Jeffry.

Skullduggery
03-02-2011, 21:02
Nice to see quite a few Iron Maiden fans in here :D

Ever hear of "Here come the Mummies"?

G1

I love the mummies. I saw them here in a club a few months ago. Great live show.

MORE COWBELT !!

Getter 1
03-02-2011, 21:23
I love the mummies. I saw them here in a club a few months ago. Great live show.

MORE COWBELT !!

Oh man! They don't get up this way or I'ld go see em in a second :P They were in Pittsburgh and I was tempted to go vist a couple buddies over there and catch the concert. Didn't have the funds or the time off so no go.

Speaking of the cowbelt, did you see the "carol of the belts" on you tube ;) Check it out, good stuff.

G1

Jager
03-03-2011, 01:51
I'm mostly 70s 80s rock for general listning, but like songs from across the spectrum (only exceptions are (c)rap and deep C&W). I like to put on Medieval and Renn music when I'm working on projects, which is mostly banners and garb. Medieval Babes and Anonymous 4 are good ones. Topping the list is Heart and Led Zepplin, but includes all kinds from smooth jazz (was pissed when the smooth jazz station in Cleveland went "Progressive Rock") to metal.

Hunter
03-28-2011, 14:28
I really like a wide variety of music depending on my mood. We have converted our 1200CD collection to MP3 so we have music on demand through our media center. I use it to make play lists for game nights and poker nights.

Some favourite bands are:
----- ROCK / BLUES -----
Pink Floyd
Peter Gabriel
Uriah Heep
Boston
Jethro Tull
Marcy Playground
Green Day
Alice Cooper
Alan Parsons Project
Modest Mouse
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Long John Baldry
Robert Cray
Doug & The Slugs
Crash Test Dummies
Rammstein

Vangelis
Jean Michel Jarre
Mike Oldfield
Moby
Thievery Corporation
Mind In A Box
B-Tribe
Enigma
Delerium
Deep Forest
Air

----- FOLK -----
Decemberists
Garnet Rogers
Stan Rogers

And soundtracks by Ennio Morricone and Basil Poledouris

Man, it's creepy Bixby like you're in my head.

Bixby
03-28-2011, 15:26
Man, it's creepy Bixby like you're in my head.

Should we perchance meet in a future dogfight, we aill at least give salute to common musical interest. :D

Hunter
03-31-2011, 02:34
Should we perchance meet in a future dogfight, we aill at least give salute to common musical interest. :D

Well said my friend! Wait, you knew I was going to say that...and now you knew...Aaaahhh! You're giving me a headache. :o

Niclas
06-14-2011, 14:32
Currently mostly Metallica, Ultravox, Leonard Cohen and a bit of Radiohead.

CappyTom
06-14-2011, 15:59
Here's one I like hope you guys like it too.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNB8VbFmlOY

:clap:
Tom

Nightbomber
06-14-2011, 16:19
Great song and the clip:) But have you seen a Czech movie entitled "Tmavomodry Svet" ("A Dark Blue World") about BoB from Czech point of view? The songs there are sweet...

CappyTom
06-14-2011, 17:41
Great song and the clip:) But have you seen a Czech movie entitled "Tmavomodry Svet" ("A Dark Blue World") about BoB from Czech point of view? The songs there are sweet...

Put a link for me, please.:)
Tom

Nightbomber
06-14-2011, 23:41
Check this out!

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKjR1V-Dg14

main theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfzFxCp8Rp4&feature=related;)

Dan-Sam
06-14-2011, 23:52
Guys, give me a several hours (I think till today midnight [CET]) - I think I can find Dark Blue World soundtrack (but short parts of the film between songs will be in czech). At worst, I have the soundtrack at home (but I will be there on Friday).

CappyTom
06-15-2011, 04:06
Check this out!

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKjR1V-Dg14

I must add to my collection.:eek: Great clip thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

:salute:
Tom

kombofink
06-15-2011, 05:13
There is only one: Children of the grave by Black Sabbath.

Harrier
06-15-2011, 07:18
There is very little music I don't like. I listen to everything from ancient (as in medieval) stuff to modern crazy stuff like Steve Vai with an orchestra. My tops would be prog rock, '30s stuff like you'd hear in an Astaire & Rogers film, and Romantic era (fave being Tchaikovsky).

My contribution to the aerial combat related list is from Kansas, "Icarus II": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU9mlIHT9JI (warning: the vid is ~7:30 minutes)

For those of you who like classical but only have your own media collection to listen to I offer KMFA (http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/kmfa/ppr/index.shtml) which is a commercial free classical radio station located here in Austin which streams. They play a really good variety of material.

Niclas
06-15-2011, 09:36
If it's aerial combat references you're after - I can link up with my earlier post with this clip: Reap the Wild Wind (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9lpsUfi8WA&playnext=1&list=PL91079513E4B56637).

CappyTom
06-15-2011, 13:04

Love the music, can't understand the words but sounds like a good song.

Tom:salute:

Nightbomber
06-15-2011, 13:21
Tom,
We should ask Dan-Sam, for a translation. I understand 80% of the text (our languages are similar). It's very romantic. like: I sing my serenade, it's coming a daylight, the stars are fading, and so on. Nice and sentimental:)
Andrzej.

Ginarley
06-15-2011, 15:31
A random list of the music I listen to most (although I listen to a lot of other stuff too):

Steely Dan
Larry Carlton
Toto
Icehouse
Jeff Beck
Pat Metheny
Eric Johnson
Marillion
Tool
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Disturbed
Alice Cooper

CappyTom
06-15-2011, 16:06
Tom,
We should ask Dan-Sam, for a translation. I understand 80% of the text (our languages are similar). It's very romantic. like: I sing my serenade, it's coming a daylight, the stars are fading, and so on. Nice and sentimental:)
Andrzej.

Nice thanks.
Tom

Albert Ross
06-15-2011, 16:53

You mean there is a difference?:hmm:

AndrewLupp
06-15-2011, 17:48
Although I like all sorts of music (except heavy metal) I have always liked SOUNDTRACKS for game playing. Of course the type of soundtrack has to match the genre of game you 're playing. James Horner and John Williams are great for WoW (Once you get Starships and X-wings out of your head.) Especially Apollo 13 (Horner) and Empire of the Sun. (Wiliiams) Pirates of the Caribbean is very cool too. The music for Band of Brothers is amazing. (Michael Kamen) Wow here are so many...

I never thought of playing 40's swing - that seems like a good fit too!

jhary
06-16-2011, 04:54
Like andrew but with the diference i hear hard and Heavy and hate Rap.

Niclas
06-16-2011, 06:09
Did you guys see my clip above. It surprises me a bit that there are no comments - Not many vids these days feature a Sopwith Triplane that prominently...

Never mind the music, I'm not at all fond of the song myself, even though I love the group.

Dan-Sam
06-16-2011, 09:09

Oh guys, I really like you :hmm: OK, I try, but sorry for my english:

It is Dawning
Jaroslav Ježek (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaroslav_Je%C5%BEek_%28composer%29)

I am looking into your heart,
when I am singing under your window,
the same words every night, again.

My serenade, my serenade I am singing,
I am looking to the window in vain,
the stars will fading before I sing it once.

it's coming a daylight, wake up, it's coming a daylight,
banish cold dream,
it will be a hot day,
it is time to awaken.

It is dawn over the woods,
stars are pale, it's coming a daylight,
open if you hear my voice,
it comes time,
if you want escape with me.

Moment, just a little moment
before the white day,
It will be the end of the adventure.
it's coming a daylight, it's coming a daylight in the east,
the next day too,
will be like a dream,
if you want to escape with me.

CappyTom
06-16-2011, 09:23
If it's aerial combat references you're after - I can link up with my earlier post with this clip: Reap the Wild Wind (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9lpsUfi8WA&playnext=1&list=PL91079513E4B56637).

Sorry I didn't see the link:eek:. Very good video and the song does sound like the eighties which I like:thumbsup:.

Tom

CappyTom
06-16-2011, 09:25

It is Dawning
Jaroslav Ježek (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaroslav_Je%C5%BEek_%28composer%29)

banish cold dream,
it will be a hot day,
it is time to awaken.

it comes time,

before the white day,
the next day too,
will be like a dream,

Thanks
Tom

JackalWSU3
06-16-2011, 10:16
One of my all time favorite songs- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG48Ftsr3OI

Nightbomber
06-16-2011, 14:09

It is Dawning

banish cold dream,
it will be a hot day,
it is time to awaken.

it comes time,

before the white day,
the next day too,
will be like a dream,

We Salute You!:)

CappyTom
06-16-2011, 14:53
One of my all time favorite songs- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG48Ftsr3OI

Great song Jack, thanks for sharing. She reminds me of this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov5VxGruSFY

Tom

Shiraz68
06-17-2011, 00:28
My musical tastes are just too eclectic to pigeon hole into one choice - Classical to Hardcore House, Rock to Jazz, it all depends on the mood I am in! :D

Dan-Sam
06-17-2011, 01:02
Guys, give me a several hours (I think till today midnight [CET]) - I think I can find Dark Blue World soundtrack (but short parts of the film between songs will be in czech). At worst, I have the soundtrack at home (but I will be there on Friday).
OK, it is a little weird to quote myself, but I think that I can upload the soundtrack from Dark Blue World in Sunday. I have it in MP3 (ready with translated song titles), but it is on my home computer. Wait a weekend ;)

CappyTom
06-17-2011, 04:06
OK, it is a little weird to quote myself, but I think that I can upload the soundtrack from Dark Blue World in Sunday. I have it in MP3 (ready with translated song titles), but it is on my home computer. Wait a weekend ;)

I will be getting back home late Sunday after Origins and look forward to hearing it.:singin:

Tom

Nightbomber
06-17-2011, 11:16

I'm in, Daniel. Upload it, please.

Andrzej.

Dan-Sam
06-19-2011, 11:48
I'm in, Daniel. Upload it, please.
Andrzej.

Look at this topic: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?5167-Dark-Blue-World&p=72733#post72733

The Red Baron
06-19-2011, 14:55
Classical while gaming, all others depending on the mood. Classically trained trumpet and pianist through the conservatory.

Albert Ross
06-19-2011, 15:02
Classically trained trumpet and pianist through the conservatory.

Why, wouldn't they let you in the house?:D

Diamondback
06-19-2011, 15:54
Anytime you're lining up a bomb-run, Poledouris's score from Flight of the Intruder is a good choice--if you can find a copy... though it really needs to have the off-key Brad Johnson & Willlem Dafoe cover of Petula Clark's "Downtown" added.LOL

flyingryno
11-03-2011, 10:09
What no Fusion Jazz or new age, Techno no awnser for me then.

moorias
11-13-2011, 08:26
I like country music, preferring the older stuff. But also like late 70's rock or pop rock. My husband calls the country nusic I like goat roping music but that just makes me turn it up louder.LOL

CappyTom
11-13-2011, 09:53
I like country music, preferring the older stuff. But also like late 70's rock or pop rock. My husband calls the country nusic I like goat roping music but that just makes me turn it up louder.LOL

I haven't heard that phrase "goat roper" sense high school. That was what they called us that rode and roped. We like the same type of country music.

Tom

Gaz67
11-13-2011, 14:27
How about these, some epic film theme tunes...(and Dad's army of course...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XKGhG0W0LQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAG11eworFU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9E1LDOVGcY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbsuAbTTsV8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNVVoH9-QH0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83bmsluWHZc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U9Sh91htIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvr6X054xLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLGNcGxZjSQ&feature=related

gully_raker
11-13-2011, 14:47
Great song Jack, thanks for sharing. She reminds me of this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov5VxGruSFY

Tom

One of my All Time Favorites, Tom.
Always think of Hornblower & Alex Kent's Richard Bolitho novels!:thumbsup:

Mitchell422
11-13-2011, 15:28
I'm a product of the 70's rock music. I lived in San Diego during my four years of high school. I went to so many concerts at the sports arena. My first was Led Zeppelin...when it was all said and done. I had dropped over four thousand dollars. I had kept my ticket stubs and wrote on the back if I took a date and went out to dinner before concert, and yes I had a job and paid for it myself.

I like all kinds of music from every decade. Swing, crooners, some country, to rock. My favorite is Jazz. I just love Davis, Coltrane,Monk. I'm talking real Jazz not Kenny G stuff...

Flying Officer Kyte
11-14-2011, 01:27
As a fan of Electric Folk, I thought I would dedicate this one to Ken on his elevation to Ace status.
Rob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5TjtiYGbZc

CorruptedDriver
11-14-2011, 01:43
i listen to techno like skrillex and deadmau5, but i do listen to almost everything but country hiphop and rap. but mostly depends on my mood too

The Cowman
11-14-2011, 06:27
As a fan of Electric Folk, I thought I would dedicate this one to Ken on his elevation to Ace status.
Rob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5TjtiYGbZc
Awesome!!! :clap: Thank you sir!

itchy
11-14-2011, 07:49
Voted Rock but my tastes are varied ,country ,metal ,classic, opera anything except jazz ,and that noise they play at raves and dance events.

flyingryno
11-14-2011, 07:59

Those are the same, right?

Cap. Baracca
11-14-2011, 13:11
AC/DC my frieds!

Anav
11-14-2011, 13:17
Agree with the above....AC/DC.....a little Thunderstruck or Back in Black.....that gets things going!!!

Ed2
11-14-2011, 13:23
Ah, for the days of the Platters. For you few who remember.

Nightbomber
11-14-2011, 13:32
AC/DC my frieds!

For Those About to Rock

That's an evergreen thrilling my soul in the secondary school golden years. Wow!:guns:

Doug
11-15-2011, 01:24
Rob I had not heard Electric Folk before, but after spending half the night lissening to it I am hooked, went out and ordered myself a cope of Steeleeye Span "Below the salt" are there any other group you can recomend?

Flying Officer Kyte
11-15-2011, 01:41
Rob I had not heard Electric Folk before, but after spending half the night lissening to it I am hooked, went out and ordered myself a cope of Steeleeye Span "Below the salt" are there any other group you can recomend?
You could do worse than trying Fairport Convention.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1it7BP5PckI

Rob.

Jimmy Doolittle
11-16-2011, 01:23
I listen to all of those.

Raege
11-17-2011, 17:25
When I'm not listening to Marcel Marceau I mix it up with Jazz Blues Classic Rock even some classical from time to time. Pretty much a little bit of everything but rap

zmaxthrottle
12-04-2011, 19:35
Preference is what is in 'that moment', so I listen to an eclectic mix.

For the poll I like Classical.

billingspike
01-28-2012, 08:09
I go with trying to get close to "period" music or what I think passes close enough,,Duke Ellington, Armstrong,Billy Holiday,Tom waits ..i have an old download of Over There ,,and L Pavarotti singing Nessun Dorma ,,,gives me goose bumps. of course plenty of beer and cognac helps set the mood as well.

sirosis o liver
03-05-2012, 19:09
I actually listen to a songs of WWI cd while playing

milcoll73
10-06-2014, 02:55
HEAVY METAL l..l, ,l..l FOREVER!!!!!

Diamondback
10-06-2014, 11:58
LOL, you do realize that a lot of Beethoven's work could be considered "Symphonic Heavy Metal," right? :P Personally, my own "metal" preference is a concerto on the Chicago Piano... there really is something almost musical about a Thompson firing on full-auto. :)

milcoll73
10-06-2014, 14:17
LOL, you do realize that a lot of Beethoven's work could be considered "Symphonic Heavy Metal," right? :P Personally, my own "metal" preference is a concerto on the Chicago Piano... there really is something almost musical about a Thompson firing on full-auto. :)

yes my favorite classical is beetovens ode to joy. when asked by another metalhead why i liked classical as well i said "its the same thing, music to stir the emotions. its just 300 years older"

Du doch nicht!
10-06-2014, 14:38
yes my favorite classical is beetovens ode to joy. when asked by another metalhead why i liked classical as well i said "its the same thing, music to stir the emotions. its just 300 years older"

I just say:

http://youtu.be/To225CREUXc?t=13s

:D

Jager
10-06-2014, 15:18

One of my favorite compilation discs is title "Classical Thunder" ;)
Karl

Jager
10-06-2014, 15:29
I just say:

http://youtu.be/To225CREUXc?t=13s

:D
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::pint:

Flying Helmut
10-10-2015, 13:03
I voted for Rock, but I like anything that isn't rap (which really should be spelled with a silent capital 'C')

Diamondback
10-10-2015, 13:05
... rap (which really should be spelled with a silent capital 'C')
QFT!

flyingryno
10-11-2015, 23:47
rock, new age, jazz, but not western, or Rap!!!!

tikkifriend
10-13-2015, 03:39
Gotta be the 70's. Bowie and Bolan/ Lou Reed and the rest of the Factory. Prog rock , (Genesis, ELP, King Crimson), Yes in particular. Sprinkle in a bit of Zep for the quieter moments :) and a bit of punk . Stir continuously for a decade and enjoy on ice.

tikkifriend
10-13-2015, 08:28
Oh forgot (how could I !!) Pink Floyd..

Boney10
10-13-2015, 14:01
Yay, Floyd, Moody Blues, The Who, Mike Oldfield, Phil Collins, OMD, Ulatravox well you get the picture :)

Jäger
10-13-2015, 22:03
I vote for Rammstein anytime!

tikkifriend
10-14-2015, 09:09

Good group live I heard.

Lt. S.Kafloc
10-15-2015, 04:54
Voted the top three but everything from Beethoven through Nat King Cole to Led Zeppelin and all stops in between.

LOOP
10-15-2015, 05:13
"I'm a rocker" as the late Mr Lynott sang.
I listen to both classic rock and more modern stuff. If it has a blues-feel to it, it is right up my sleeve ;)

Listen to "Rival sons" or "The Temperence movement" and you see what I mean :singin:

grumpybear
10-15-2015, 06:00
A bit of everything except rap

LOOP
10-15-2015, 07:07
A bit of everything except rap

But you play with it ;)

HotleadColdfeet
10-15-2015, 07:58
As others before me have mentioned, I like a wide variety based on my mood. ;)

I like Classical music (Bach's Brandenburg concertos are very good), some 80's Rock/pop (Survivor, "Mighty Wings" from the Top Gun soundtrack, and Billy Joel - though he kinda is a category in and of himself), southern gospel (Kingdom Heirs, Triumphant Quartet), Christian contemporary (David Crowder*Band, TobyMac, Seven Places), soundtracks to movies (Gettysburg by Randy Edelman), and a little country (Josh Turner, Rascal Flatts).

Here's one by David Crowder*Band I've been listening to recently:

http://youtu.be/PXElUPuIDTw

Hedeby
10-16-2015, 17:22
Hmm let me see - the word eclectic springs to mind...

Jimi Hendrix
Pink Floyd
Hawkwind
Tangerine Dream (pre 1984)
Rammstein (best live band EVER)
Mogwai
Jethro Tull
The Cure
Black Sabbath
Type O Negative
Bauhaus
The Damned
The Stranglers
Siouxsie and the Banshees

Some modern prog: Touchstone, Mostly Autumn, Solstice

Music is a mood thing for me, what I listen to varies but my favourites over time have to be Pink Floyd, Hawkwind and Jethro Tull and Rammstein

Hedeby
10-16-2015, 17:23
Good group live I heard.

Unbelievable Paul.... amazing (think I have seen them four times now)

Tonx
10-16-2015, 17:44

Possibly the biggest +1 :salute: ever known to the Aerodrome on this one!

Not to be morbid but Reise Reise is being played at my funeral at FULL blast - two of my female friends Down Under are going to ensure this happens. Got this idea from a friend of mine who was Saddleworth born Saddleworth bred Saddleworth-wide known and Saddleworth dead aged 56. Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell was played at his funeral at full blast and heard about half a mile away. RIP Broddy!

Rammstein make regular appearances at the Download Festival which is held at Donington Racing Circuit every year. Used to be better when known as Donington Monsters of Rock Festival until 2001 ...

Setarius
03-22-2016, 10:50
I voted for Other, because I prefer Rock, not Rap, and also like Jazz, Classical, and some Blugrass. I'm not fond of Country music, they cry in their beer too much.

Blackronin
03-22-2016, 11:53
I love many kinds of music so I checked all.
I also hate a few...

Canestri10
03-22-2016, 19:31
Southern Gospel & Christian contemporary mainly but I do like some James Taylor and Eric Clapton every now and then. Not a fan of loud noise (rock & rap) . Love the acoustic guitar too.

surfimp
01-12-2018, 07:11
I love all sorts of music... my opinion is that good music is good, regardless of what language it's in (if it has lyrics), what genre it's from, or where it comes from. I'll listen to anything that has a good groove and touches my soul in some way or another.

For tabletop gaming, I like quiet instrumental electronic music like Boards of Canada. I find it helps me focus, and it doesn't intrude on the conversation with my fellow players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaJn3QqiIUc

BB401
01-12-2018, 07:48
As a background for WGF gaming i have a youtube collection of Historic Aviation Film Unit videos featuring WWI aircraft sounds........

NewFlyBoy
01-12-2018, 12:01
I voted for classical and "other" -- that being musical theater and film music -- my youngest daughter is in the industry and I've been exposed to some very cool music as a result.

Teaticket
01-12-2018, 12:30
I'd say Classical and other. Mozart and Beethoven rule but the cd player also shares time with Above & Beyond, Enya, Loreena McKennet, Chris DeBurgh, Andrea Bochelli and more.

BwanaJoe
01-13-2018, 17:36
I'd say Classical and other. Mozart and Beethoven rule but the cd player also shares time with Above & Beyond, Enya, Loreena McKennet, Chris DeBurgh, Andrea Bochelli and more.

Wow, someone else who knows who Loreena McKennet is?! Love that genre.

BwanaJoe
01-13-2018, 17:41
Southern Gospel & Christian contemporary mainly but I do like some James Taylor and Eric Clapton every now and then. Not a fan of loud noise (rock & rap) . Love the acoustic guitar too.

Southern NZ or US? ;)

If you like the genre, try out Zradio.com out of Orlando. They have four Christian stations; contemporary, rock, gospel, and hip-hop. My boys and I listen to the rock station a lot.

Teaticket
01-14-2018, 16:48
Wow, someone else who knows who Loreena McKennet is?! Love that genre.

Most have never heard of her. I have been lucky to have been to three of her concerts. Truly amazing.