PDA

View Full Version : WoW B.E. 2c?

Dathbain
09-23-2009, 15:01
Is there a B.E. 2c for Wings of War? I havent seen one, and if there isn't one which direction would the firing arc be? Any help would be great, Ive already made a card for it but I want it to be accurate. Just in case your wondering, my group is doing a lot of early, early war games just for fun and one of the guys brought up this plane, everyone kind of snickered, but it did fly in ww1 and it did shoot down planes as well as a Zeppelin!

Thanks, Dave

KirkH
09-23-2009, 17:36
The BE-2 was a huge part of WWI aviation and no accurate game should leave it out. It isn't a part of WoW yet, but I think the plan is to eventually include it.

AlgyLacey
09-24-2009, 00:24
Just be prepared to lose them in huge numbers.

They'd need a damage deck of their own for (Observer with shotgun) a bizarre set of arcs exclusively to the rear of the trailing edge of the wing and a maneuver deck composed of short straights and slow, large radius turns.

The Fokker scourge is going to be recreated in spades!

Dathbain
09-24-2009, 12:06
Im aware that they will probably be crushed! But Im a realism wierdo, so thats ok. I was thinking of giving them a B damage deck & 11 hit points, based on the Douglas/Childs scenario, firing a Lewis 303 from the observer seat and after their plane landed it was reported to have taken 100 hits. Not to sure on the accuracy of any of those statements, but its in the history books so what can we do! I'll try and upload the card that I made tomarrow, I gave the plane a rear firing arc only and will try and playtest it this weekend. Thanks for the responses!

Dave