PDA

View Full Version : A plug for Cool Stuff Inc our sponsor

john snelling
11-17-2010, 17:10
To fill in some missing pieces for WoW I ordered from Cool Stuff. Free shipping for over $100. I ordered late Thursday and got the order Tuesday. I highly recommend Cool Stuff for your orders. It was easy, fast, and the discount on the planes were unbeatable. Thank you Cool Stuff for your great service.
John

kaufschtick
11-17-2010, 19:43
To fill in some missing pieces for WoW I ordered from Cool Stuff. Free shipping for over $100. I ordered late Thursday and got the order Tuesday. I highly recommend Cool Stuff for your orders. It was easy, fast, and the discount on the planes were unbeatable. Thank you Cool Stuff for your great service.
John

I pre-ordered series IV from CoolStuff, terrific service.

The price was fantastic.

I'd recommend them as well.:)

The Cowman
11-17-2010, 21:46
I'm a big supporter of shopping where I play... I managed a brick and mortar game store for close to a year and know how tight money can be sometimes... I do buy online, but mostly things I can't get at my FLGS, and things he can't order...

That said I will keep Cool Stuff in mind, especially seeing that they are a major site sponsor here! :cool:

Willi Von Klugermann
11-18-2010, 13:12
If you don't have a local game store nearby Coolstuff is the way to go.

MayorJim
11-19-2010, 18:00
I'm a big supporter of shopping where I play... I managed a brick and mortar game store for close to a year and know how tight money can be sometimes... I do buy online, but mostly things I can't get at my FLGS, and things he can't order...

That said I will keep Cool Stuff in mind, especially seeing that they are a major site sponsor here! :cool:

I agree. For me, to save a few bucks by ordering on-line isn't worth the hassle...plus, I love wandering the aisles in my local shop. Online ordering is fine if you don't have ready access to a "local" or if your "local" can't get what you want. Just my 2 cents...

john snelling
11-20-2010, 04:56

I play in a garage. I use to go to a store and play (and buy) but the staff was terrible so we found some where else to play.

kaufschtick
11-20-2010, 19:17

I've spent so much money at my FLAGS over the years that I've earned a permanent 10% discount there. Those guys there really are super.

I got the first three series of the WWI planes there, and spent about $150 on each set. It's about a 45 minute round trip there and back for me.

Set IV from CoolStuff cost me $101 (free shipping) delivered to my front door.

I like supporting my FLAGS too, but sometimes...well, most of the time...alright, I have to watch my pennies all the time. *sigh*

Anyway, I try to spend there whenever I can; places like my FLAGS have gone on the endangered species list in Columbus over the years.

If it comes down to just a few dollars difference, I'll buy from my FLAGS too.

With 5 kids, 4 still in the nest, sometimes I have to go with what fits my wallet.

Most of the time, the shipping charge usually offsets much of the online discount price savings; but on small, light things like 1/144 scale airplanes, the shipping is often times minimal.

When you're an old grognard like myself, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to stretch your wargame budget. There's a lot of good wargames out there these days, and the days of walking in to your FLAGS and picking up a good wargame for $12 bucks is long gone. What's the average price of a new wargame these days? Something like $65-$80 USD? I shelled out a cool century bill for the first part of the new Axis & Allies Pacific side.

The funny thing is though, that DoW has done a fantastic job of marketing M44. The expansions for that game run only around $20-$35 ordinarily, but they put out a bunch of them. So here's a game with relatively low retails on its expansions, but over all, I've spent a monstrous amount on that game.