PDA

View Full Version : Speed ranges for maneuver decks

Charlie3
11-10-2010, 19:16
I know the approximate speed ranges for the WoW maneuver decks has been posted, but does anyone know what they are for the DoW decks? I am currently working on 3 aircraft projects for DoW and would find the info useful for assigning maneuver decks to aircraft not currently in the game.

Max Headroom
11-25-2010, 02:33
Have a look at my photo album and look at some of my custom cards to see what I've selected for some of the planes.

tonyc206
11-25-2010, 05:21
I know the approximate speed ranges for the WoW maneuver decks has been posted.

Really? Where is it?

Charlie3
11-29-2010, 09:29
Really? Where is it?Sorry Tony I have'nt been keep up since the Thanksgiving Holiday...Here is a qoute from the Col.'s interview with Adrea Angiolino the game designer.
located here if you want to read the whole thing. http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284

5. WWA: When adding a new plane to the game, how do you decide which maneuver deck to use for it?

Quote:
That's a complex choice. The length of the arrows is quite standardized: in the WWI line, the full length of a card is for planes with a maximum speed of more than 200 km/h, an arrow 80% of that for planes with a 181/200 km/h speed and then down, by steps of 20 km/h. A simplification, since each plane behaved differently at different heights, but it works. Then there is the choice of which maneuvers to give to the plane, and this is the difficult part. The SPAD XIII has quite a standard deck. More agile planes get fancier maneuvers, while planes with specific characteristics gets special cards because of them - as in 90° turns to the right for the Dr.I and Camel because of the rotary engine, or "turning stalls" and a unrestricted one to the D:VII because of his special tail, and so on.