PDA

View Full Version : WGF Green color touch up Handley Page

Rudie1418
09-06-2016, 02:25
Hello,

I am new to this forum and I hope that someone can help me with this question that I have.

I have a "handley Page 0/400 (RAF)" bomber and a bit of the paint is damaged. Does anybody know if Vallejo, Revell or any other brand has a color in their assoriment that is a perfect match with the original green used on the model?

I noticed that the green color of the handley Page is the same colour as the two green Bristol F.2B fighters (WGF201A and WGF201B).

gully_raker
09-09-2016, 17:27
:) G'day Rudi!
Mate you might like to post this query down in the Officers Club as more members will see it there.

Sorry I cant help as I do not have an Ares HP but my Shapeways on was painted in Vallego Brown Violet. pic attached.

Carl_Brisgamer
09-09-2016, 18:38
PC10 took different shades depending on the mix. It also faded to a brown with time. If you cant find an exact match just paint a square section of an approximate colour and call it a patch for battle damage!

Rudie1418
09-12-2016, 03:20
Hi Barry,

Thank you for the tip to post it somewhere else, this is completely new for me so I'm trying to find my way (but it's still a bit cloudy here ;) )

You don't have a picture of your HP next to some original Ares miniatures?
(two of the Bristol F.2B fighters, the Airco DH.4 (Bartlett/Naylor) and all of the Sopwith Snipe planes use the same green color as the handley Page)

Great looking model by the way!

Rudie1418
09-12-2016, 03:23
Hi Carl,

If I can't find a matching color than it is a good idea, but first I want to try and find a matching color that blends in with the rest of the plane. (I didn't think that it would be so hard)