PDA

View Full Version : WGF Color: Austro-Hungarian Fokker Mid-Green

ReducedAirFact
09-03-2016, 22:14
According to Windsock Datafile 15 "Fokker E.III", some of the Fokker Eindeckers delivered to the Austro-Hungarian Air Service were repainted in a mid-green color, 30C8. Since there aren't a lot of AH color references, it's nice to add one to this collection.

The usual caveats: As always, there was frequently variation in paint color, weathering, varnishing, etc., so this is just a general guide. Unless you've got a high-end, wide-gamut monitor in perfect calibration (and who does?), do not trust the colors you see on your monitor! Instead, visit your local paint store and see if you can find paint samples like the ones listed below and then match your hobby paints or mixes against those. The goal is just to "get close". See 'Color: why we'll never get it exactly right' (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?24990-Color-why-we-ll-never-get-it-exactly-right).

Entries with an asterisk (*) are excellent matches; entries with question marks (?) have not been formally measured with a color meter and are therefore unconfirmed; entries with (~) are not a great match but they are adequate.

Sources: Windsock Datafile 15: Fokker E.III

Austro-Hungarian Fokker Mid-GreenFokker E
Methuen/CIElabHouse Paints and StandardsHobby Paints
Light (Base) Color
http://dummyimage.com/64x64/bfc25c/ffffff.png&text=30C8
76.25,-14.95,49.9
WD15
Beauti-Tone Unforgettable C28-3-1556-3
Behr Go Go Lime P350-5
Benjamin Moore Pear Green 2028-40
Dulux Citrus Fruit 70YY 52/532
Dulux Trade Indian Ivy 5 90YY 48/500
Sherwin-Williams Hep Green 6704
Valspar New Avocado 6007-6A

no good matches yet

Color matching with 1989 Methuen Handbook of Color and Nix Color sensor

matt56
09-15-2016, 03:07
Thanks for this, Daryl - this is much lighter than the Hautzmayer Eindecker produced by Ares...I think a repaint is in order! :) I will let you know what I come up with when I try it.

All the best,
Matt