PDA

View Full Version : Feelin' Lucky!

Hamburger
10-26-2010, 18:28
I now have 2 minis now, a Albatros DIII and Camel (Olieslagers and Hautzmayer) My dad REALLY got into it when I brought home the models when returning from the LGS. We played sunday night to the background noise of football and played something like 6 sorties! :) He won 5 of them! :eek: the other 1 he drew the explosion card first and I said for him just to ignore it and keep playing. Even though he still shot me down (He got the Camel, he's a beginner :p) I got the win for "chivalry." We played about 5 minutes before I am typing this (8:15 CST for the lazy) I won both times. The first I won from superior strategy and planning and the second from him drawing huge cards from the damage deck. :) I'm feelin' lucky from that. :cool: He's getting better and I'm glad to see him enjoying the game. Both times we played this week, he recommended us playing :):)
I'm happy he likes the game and he wants to go to the LGS soon, he wants to get his "own" plane (He'll pay for it, I'll play with it! :D) Maybe when more players from the LGS get into it, we can play there with more people. I could take good notes like Wolfbiter. :)

I went to the LGS with my friend on the holy Friday night before we had to be at school for a football game (we're in the band :rolleyes: yup were nerds.) We got 4 models and were opening them and people from the Magic tournament looked over. Not to offend any WH400000 (enough zeros???) There were some guys playing who were the BIGGEST geeks EVER!! :D
One famous line we heard while they were playing was: "My plasma cannons have taken out all your infantry men." Now imagine Urkel saying that! :D:D:D

Before I get off on a tangent, WoW has really taken off in my house and at the LGS!!

Charlie3
10-26-2010, 19:35
Glad to hear things are going well for you and your new gaming partner. I told you he would get intrested in playing more once he had his own planes. (try not to fly the wings off of his!)
I know that you are a younger player, and I just want you to know that in general all gamers are geeks. I can say that because I have been both for about 35 years, and you will find others on this site that have been at it longer than I have. Just have fun, and don't laugh at us older players too much because it WILL be you some day!! Hope your team won the game.

Jythier
10-26-2010, 20:00
I've started considering minis. They're more expensive, yes, but they just look so COOL. Right now I'm doing it with the cards and it's really fun, but I see all the pictures of battlefields with the minis up on it and I think, 'holy cow, that looks twice as fun'!

ara398
10-27-2010, 00:21
Its AT LEAST twice as much fun Jay!

Adrian

Hamburger
10-27-2010, 04:21
Excuse me for calling yall geeks, I'm sorry.

MayorJim
10-27-2010, 16:40
Hey...I resemble that! :eek: my wife says that I'm a geek...she says that I enjoy reading technical manuals...I guess I need to read more, since she usually ends up winning our WoW sessions :mad:

Raffvantye
10-27-2010, 17:49
first starts the minis, then the terrain, then the objects, then clouds then......

Jythier
10-27-2010, 18:55
What's the point of buying minis without terrain? And fire, smoke, clouds, etc. Yep, need 'em too or never mind.

Lotsokids
10-27-2010, 20:01
That's funny - I play 40k also! And yes - some of the players do sound like that.

DaveZee
10-27-2010, 20:18
Clouds? Sounds cool! :)

Wolfbiter
10-28-2010, 08:20
I am comfortable with my inner geekery (and I do play 40K also, lol). :D Luckily my non-geeky wife loves and accepts me for who I am, while still relishing shooting down Allied scouts in a Fokker D.VII. :o

Hamburger, glad to hear you, your dad, and your FLGS are having fun with the game. And thanks for the compliment on my AARs, I'm really glad people enjoy reading them! I showed the miniatures to my own dad (ex-Air Force) and he was pretty impressed with the detail. As a military history enthusiast, he's lent me a lot of good books about WWI since I got into the game that have helped me enormously with adding "flavor" to my AAR reports.

Goering Ace
10-28-2010, 12:45
Nice to see you and your Dad enjoying the game. It will only get better. :)

Scott