PDA

View Full Version : Sub Search!

richard m schwab
02-10-2016, 13:42
This game was played at the Williamsburg Muster 2016

An ASW search by aircraft Coastal Command. Designed to be a quick playing scenario.

Forces: German: Four U-Boat cards placed in center of board in advance of players arrival under cloud markers and not visible.

British: One Sunderland and two PBY`s.

Map: Open sea with areas of scattered cloud. This game was played in an ill lite corner, perfect for the North Atlantic. Bad for the Eyes!

Starting positions: The air units started three firing sticks from back edge.

The action started with the eyes trying to see anything. This helped conceal the U-Boats i was the first to spot a target and started my strafing run followed by my bomb attack. Bob and David were quickly in the action the AA fire put up damaged us but we were able to cripple one and sink two Subs the fourth was never spotted. A quick and fun game.

Conclusion: A fast a furious action with better than i had expected results. Three subs without an aircraft loss is a good exchange rate.
I forgot my camera but Bob and Dave took some great photos. Bob has his in his AAR of this game. http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?24265-U-Boat-patrol-Williamsburg-Mster

Rich