PDA

View Full Version : My first time to be shot down!!

Hamburger
10-17-2010, 10:26
I went to my friend's house for a game on Friday and he has Watch your Back so we decided to pay a game. He chose the AIRCO and the Hanriot for his side and I got the DVa, Albatross DIII, and Dr1. We closed in on each other and the DVa got off the first shots on the AIRCO and managed to kill the back gunner. It was bad timing to kill him late, as he had already done serious damage to the Dr1. We continued and the AIRCO's guns jammed about 7 times the whole game, allowing the DIII and DVa to load it up with lead. The Hanriot finally downed the Dr1 and I wasn't surprised. It had half the A damage deck inside it with a jammed rudder and guns, Manfred was a wreck! The DIII finally made a crippling collision with the Hanriot that totaled her and sent her down in a torrent of flames and dead stuff. The HD1 had 3 pts. left! The HD1 was nearly downed and so was the AICRO and DVa. The DVa soon had the AIRCO on the ground and out of the sun came the HD1 and the last damage A damage deck card drawn by the DVa

was the explosion card.

I know this was a kind of lame write up but I felt that my first experience of losing should be shared with yall. :mad: I learned of the HD1 having 3 HP left after the game, not during it!

Flying Officer Kyte
10-17-2010, 12:24
Never belittle your attempts to put down your exploits Charlie. I enjoyed it thanks. Probably more than you did. I look forward to your next mission with a tinge of excitement.
Rob.

Aero825
10-17-2010, 12:52
Not bad, not bad at all wingman. I've had a lot of tight endings in my games.

Hunter

DaveZee
10-17-2010, 17:29
Sounds like an exciting game, even though the dreaded explosion card struck again!

Hamburger
10-17-2010, 17:31
And it was the LAST one!!!

MayorJim
10-17-2010, 18:40
Charlie, thanks for the write-up...we remove the explosion card to lessen the "luck" factor. Little good it did me in my last game...I drew 2 engine damage cards in a row! (we use a double deck)...wonder what the odds of that happening are?

Goering Ace
10-18-2010, 09:12
Your write-up was fine, Charlie. I also enjoyed it and look forward to more exciting post mission reports from you.

Scott

Wolfbiter
10-18-2010, 11:21
Just out of curiosity, was it the Airco DH4 with the "A" guns or the "B" guns?

I dread fighting any two-seater with "A" damage decks.

Hamburger
10-18-2010, 14:44
Double A decks.

Goering Ace
10-18-2010, 14:48
I hate them too! Just got my butt whooped by that double A gun DH4!! That is one tough plane to bring down.

Scott