PDA

View Full Version : Games this week in South Wales

Pope
10-17-2010, 06:32
Hi Chaps,

I've posted this info in response to a thread in the GB Flight, but thought I'd post it here also to make sure as many as possible see it. Our fellow flyers from Bristol etc are more than welcome to join us if they get the chance.

Tuesday 19th October: Venue Firestorm Games, Cardiff I will be there from 2 pm onwards and hope to be flying with Grizzly (Mark) and maybe Jon (Jon). I'll be there until about 7 - 7 30 pm.

Wednesday 20th October: Venue Shaun's (Khargor) house, Mountain Ash kicks off at 7 pm till late and is great fun I love the heavy bomber models that Shaun has. Last week it was Shaun, Scott (Scotty) and me (Pope). Grizzly is hoping to make it this week, plus maybe some others depending on real life and transport issues.

Thursday 21st October: Venue Firestorm Games, Cardif is the Viet Taff club night and you can normally get some games of WoW in. Last week David (Trench Bucket) came along and spent a few hours shooting other people down along with being shoot down himself. There is no need to be a Viet Taff to play as Firestorm is open to all. I'll be there from 1 pm onwards but have to leave about 5 pm due to work. If anyone is thinking of giving it a go Thursday evening please let me know so we can arrange a game for you.

Don't worry if you've never flown your plane in combat before as we all had to make a start and we'll make sure that you have as much fun as possible.
If anyone has any questions please contact either Khargor or myself.

Cheers,

Aled

Thanks and good hunting.

Trench Bucket
10-17-2010, 22:26
Hey Aled

Had great fun last Thursday, looking forward to this Saturday. If it turns out i can make any of the weekday meetings this week i will let you know.

Cheers

TB

Pope
10-18-2010, 01:05
Hey Aled

Had great fun last Thursday, looking forward to this Saturday. If it turns out i can make any of the weekday meetings this week i will let you know.

Cheers

TB

Hi TB,

Glad you enjoyed the game last Thursday, we'll have to work out with Shaun and Scott some weekend games. I think your idea of a fixed day sounds good such as the first Saturday of the month. At least then people know when it will be.

Hope to see you this week at one of the games, I'm gutted I have to work on Thursday evening but such is the joy of real life.

Cheers,

Aled

grizzly
10-18-2010, 09:42
I have to work 5 evenings a week :eek:

But not this week :D

So I plan on getting shot down lots. :cool:

Pope
10-18-2010, 10:11
Hi Mark,

Knowing my luck, I'll be just about to shot you out of the sky and I take one hit and BOOM - instant death card comes a calling again.

Your wonderful work pattern was partly behind the idea of having a weekend game at least once a month. We can have a chat about it over coffee and when I remember are you up for Shaun's home game this week as your off? I know you were thinking about visiting us in wonderful Mountain Ash. It's going to be good it's Balloon Busting with real balloons (well the WoW model ones, but they still beat the card ones I've been using)

Cheers,

Aled

I have to work 5 evenings a week :eek:

But not this week :D

So I plan on getting shot down lots. :cool:

grizzly
10-18-2010, 11:24
My lazy week of playing with toys is fully planned and includes a trip into the most delightful Mountain of Ash ;)

Balloon busting ... do we need real balloons and pins for the sound effects?

And thank you for the suggestion of weekend games, I'm keeping my fingers crossed we can get enough pilots together to make them a success. :)

Pope
10-18-2010, 12:34
My lazy week of playing with toys is fully planned and includes a trip into the most delightful Mountain of Ash ;)

Balloon busting ... do we need real balloons and pins for the sound effects?

And thank you for the suggestion of weekend games, I'm keeping my fingers crossed we can get enough pilots together to make them a success. :)

Real ones may upset Shaun's dog, we should get enough interest for some weekend games.

Cheers, Aled

Scotty
10-18-2010, 13:17
Bring on those pesky balloons!!!!

Scotty

Pope
10-18-2010, 13:23
Bring on those pesky balloons!!!!

Scotty

Scotty,

Have you been working on your tactics to blow up the balloons or is it just going to be shot them with everything you've got?

Cheers Aled

Khargor
10-18-2010, 13:32
Have you been working on your tactics to blow up the balloons or is it just going to be shot them with everything you've got?

Providing he doesn't collide with anything and everything else in the air!:D;)

If we've got enough coming up for a game we can put down 2 balloons and then each side can be attacker and defender if you want - although one of the balloons sits 45 degrees off due to a faulty stand...

Personally I still think bombers are much more fun to use than scouts, especially watching the panic spreading on the faces of your opponents as you slowly close in on the target and the bomber absorbs all the damage thrown at it!

Scotty
10-21-2010, 09:42
Providing he doesn't collide with anything and everything else in the air!:D;)

Shaun

Looks like you were right on the money with this one.;)

Scotty

Pope
10-21-2010, 11:13
I may have to re-think my tactic on that one, I am having a problem finding pilots willing to do it (well the ones who would seem to be dead or in hospital for a long time of recovery).

Cheers Aled