PDA

View Full Version : Amazon true form.

Flying Officer Kyte
10-15-2010, 02:01
I have just recieved an E- mail from Amazon to say that they cannot meet the dispatch time of today for my pre ordered SE5 because their supplier is unable to deliver on the order. Oh the shortage of Bishop, I hear you say.:p for going to Amazon in the first place. No, this was in fact an order for one Boudwin, just to test out the service. Well Amazon have been found wanting. This is nearly three weeks after my full set arrived from my normal supplier, and I've had an extra Bishop from him since then. So caveat emptor, when dealing with pre ordering from Amazon.
Rob.:(

Strangely Brown
10-15-2010, 02:15
I hear you.

I only want them for repaints anyway, so I might just source the less desirable versions...

How are the stock levels Dom? :D

chimpchoker
10-17-2010, 01:58
I got the same email :mad: - order promptly cancelled and went to Dom instead.

Boney10
10-17-2010, 05:24
Yep me too only ordering the Breguet so come pay day im off to Dom for them. Just ordered the others I was missing

Jager
10-23-2010, 08:02
Must have been a problem with Amazon UK, because I got everything I ordered a couple weeks ago. My LGS's supplier underordered so they couldn't fufill even the preorders at the stores (for some planes). Didn't help that one of the clerks (no longer there) lost my pre-order, so I had to make a new one at the end of Sept. So I have my pre-order in for the revised Delux set...whenever it hits the States.
Karl

Algynon
10-23-2010, 10:01
Ah the wonder that is Amazon. I find them fine with books, but when it comes to something important I go to Dom...(For my minis that is).

bsmith13
10-23-2010, 13:22
I concur; Amazon knows books, and not much else.