PDA

View Full Version : MILSIMS Defunct

Zoe Brain
01-19-2016, 22:56
Australia's largest games store is moribund, and is expected to be wound-up soon.

Any outstanding orders paid for by PayPal in the last 180 days, RAISE A DISPUTE IMMEDIATELY.
Any outstanding orders paid for by Credit Card - contact your CC provider.

Otherwise, forget it. They're not responding to Australian Consumer Commission calls, and your only recourse is to spend a few hundred on a lawsuit, which won't be resolved before bankrupcy - where you'll be just another unsecured creditor.

There are many hundreds of gamers trying to get refunds on items ordered and paid for as far back as Feb 2015.

The website is down, the phone is disconnected, they're not answering e-mails, and the storefront shop is closed "temporarily".

Alternative suppliers:
http://www.joedodgy.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_58
http://www.gamesempire.com.au/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=479&page=5

As far as I know, no other FLGS or online store on the continent carries the line.

gully_raker
01-20-2016, 14:18
:hmm: Not really surprised by this. Milsims have been going downhill for some time.
Prices too high, deliveries slow or late & their decision not to attend Cancon in the last couple of years certainly cost them lots of turnover.
I stopped buying from them a couple of years ago.
Feel sorry for any gamers who have lost their hard earned dollars. :(

Foz
01-20-2016, 15:26
As far as I know, no other FLGS or online store on the continent carries the line.

There is this chap on eBay in Oz, talked to him a couple of times, seems nice enough. Not bought anything though, as I'm scared of the possible customs charges.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/vladimirpetlyakov?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Flying Helmut
01-20-2016, 15:59
There is this chap on eBay in Oz, talked to him a couple of times, seems nice enough. Not bought anything though, as I'm scared of the possible customs charges.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/vladimirpetlyakov?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

That is Forum member Xen!

Bought from him 3 times - exemplary service every time.

Never personally been hit by customs charges from Aus, Singapore, South Korea, Japan, China, Pakistan, the Philippines, or Hong Kong.
I have occasionally had charges added from the US (Miniature Market EVERY TIME!!!!) and Keith just once, but every single order I have placed in Canada has ALWAYS had customs charges added.

Tonx
01-20-2016, 17:38
Steve may I back Tim up on what he says above. Buying from Xen is an absolute pleasure. Never been hit by customs charges either.

AA also good for no customs charges but again as Tim mentions Canada can be a tricky one.

Diamondback
01-20-2016, 17:43
That is Forum member Xen!

Bought from him 3 times - exemplary service every time.

Never personally been hit by customs charges from Aus, Singapore, South Korea, Japan, China, Pakistan, the Philippines, or Hong Kong.
I have occasionally had charges added from the US (Miniature Market EVERY TIME!!!!) and Keith just once, but every single order I have placed in Canada has ALWAYS had customs charges added.
Only bought from him once, but if you don't mind a hatched-in-exile Texas rattlesnake ("Yank"'s a fighting word) chiming in, I'll second the description.

Tonx
01-20-2016, 17:51
Only bought from him once, but if you don't mind a hatched-in-exile Texas rattlesnake ("Yank"'s a fighting word) chiming in, I'll second the description.

Not at all - continue to support Xen (Evan) and he will continue trading. Very friendly and helpful above all - ask him about :minis: he doesn't advertise and he will do his absolute best to see if he can obtain them for you.

fast.git
01-20-2016, 18:45
Steve may I back Tim up on what he says above. Buying from Xen is an absolute pleasure. Never been hit by customs charges either.

Evan (Xen) and I have done business as well... everything went smooth as silk. Fair prices and top-notch service. :sAprvd:

flash
01-21-2016, 05:54
I've bought from Evan via the forum a couple of times Steve, and probably will again ! :)

Foz
01-21-2016, 06:05
Well I'm glad of the reviews, he does have a few things I'd like. I may throw an order together in the not so distant future :)

Guntruck
01-21-2016, 08:30
Evan (Xen) and I have done business as well... everything went smooth as silk. Fair prices and top-notch service. :sAprvd:

This! :sAprvd:

Stumptonian
01-21-2016, 21:23
Bought from Xen several times before I knew Evan = Xen on this site.
Great service (and he manages to come up with hard to find miniatures) :minis:
:sAprvd:

gully_raker
01-21-2016, 22:16
:thumbsup: Yes I agree! Recently purchased two lots of planes from Evan & they were hard to get ones Spits, Hurricans & Heinkle.
Great service & quick delivery. :sAprvd:

Baxter
02-07-2016, 14:07
i just got a refund on an outstanding order at Milsims through PayPal. Sad to see they have shut down but glad I bought through PayPal.

Xen
02-20-2016, 19:04
Oh Hey, thanks guys for the comments! :D

Zoe Brain
02-22-2016, 01:44
Big News From Joe Dodgy's!

We're proud & excited to announce that Joe Dodgy's Dice and Games has successfuly purchased the remaining assets of Milsims Games from their appointed liquidators.

While the actual remaining assets were well picked over and of limited remaining value, we're very excited to now begin planning to bring back the Milsims brand as a refreshed and reinvigorated retailer.
We remember Milsims as it was at it's height, an absolutely amazing resource for hobby gamers of all types. We want to bring to the Milsims brand our strengths in customer service and order fulfilment to create a purchasing experience that every gamer will enjoy and trust. (Translation: You'll be able to get in contact with us, we'll be nice to deal with and we'll supply your orders.)
If you have an outstanding (UNPAID) order with Milsims that you're still interested in having supplied, please contact us and we'll start investigating what we can do for you. We WANT your business.
If you have an outstanding (PAID) order with Milsims you need to urgently contact the liquidators to register as an unsecured creditor. Their contact details are as follows:
PKF Melbourne
Contact Name: Mitchell Stewart
Direct Line: (03) 9679 2349
Direct email: mstewart@pkf.com.au
Please note that we have only purchased the Misims assets, the original owners are still responsible for all debts and outstanding paid orders.
We will be leaving the Milsims website offline while we consolidate their remaining stock on hand, correct their database, update contact details and otherwise complete a general cleanup. When we make the website live again it will be with correct stock levels so that you can purchase with confidence we'll ship straight away!
We have not taken over the lease on the former MilSims location in Boronia and plan to source a location a bit closer in to the center of town, where hopefully all of our Melbourne customers will be able to come visit. More news as we have it!
If you have any questions, observations, helpful advice or just want to see if we really will answer the phone / an email feel free to get in contact with us.
(This announcement will be posted in a few different locations, but feel free to share, cut & paste etc to get the word out.)

flash
02-22-2016, 06:16
That's good news to share Zoe, sounds quite promising for the gamers.

Carl_Brisgamer
09-10-2016, 05:37
Good news for Australian gamers, the Milsims website is back up and taking orders. They still have a large number of Wings of Glory WGF and WGS miniatures available in stock.

http://www.milsims.com.au/

Flying Officer Kyte
09-10-2016, 06:54
That is great news for all you Pilots down under.:clap:
I am very pleased to hear this as I know that importing items is very expensive for you chaps and chapesses.
Rob.

gully_raker
09-10-2016, 17:07
:thumbsup: Yes as an old Milsim's customer, I received an Email from the new owners & immediately sent a Congratulations Email & asking them to restock Wings of Glory with all the new releases.

Here's Hoping.:D

Xen
09-11-2016, 01:38
Hmm, I may have missed my moment to shine! hah. I've been selling Wings of Glory in Australia for 4 years now, but haven't advertised. I should have announced something along those lines here a while back but didn't know exactly what the protocols for it were. Anyway, I have most items in stock if you are interested, at decent prices too I think! I'm doing $17 aud for scouts and $22 aud for 2 seaters. Most items are in stock, series 9 arrives Monday the 19th of September. I have the latest series of WGS already. I haven't gotten any Mats in as I saw Zoe had put some work into that and I didn't want to compete there. I guess thats the reason I've been quiet on the forum, haven't really understood the parameters for competition here so simply avoided it. But now I see Milsims are back up, Im thinking, ah you idiot, people probably wanted to know you had it! hah.

here's a link to my ebay store, but my items are priced higher there due to ebay's fee's.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Gears-and-Goggles-Games

Pm me for a price list, you don't need to wait for Milsims to restock ;)

Xen
09-11-2016, 01:45
Another reason I have delayed is I wanted to have a nice webstore running, but had trouble with basic things like a logo and store name. I've been using Gears & Goggles Games, but felt it was a bit of a mouthful and have wanted to change it to Xen Games. But there is a 'Xen Gamez' in Brisbane. Any ideas on a name I could use? :D

I also buy & sell Axis & Allies minis, (have pretty much the entire collection of war at sea and Angels 20 in stock, plus starters and boosters) and I also sell Star Wars Imperial Assault. I have a rule that I ONLY ever sell games that I play, so that I can provide good service by being really invested in the product.

Hedeby
09-11-2016, 02:28
Just need a decent games store near me now, only a couple of travelling man outlets and their stock is minimal/non existent... oh Roland why did you retire and close Stafford Games?? sigh

Hedeby
09-11-2016, 02:28
Another reason I have delayed is I wanted to have a nice webstore running, but had trouble with basic things like a logo and store name. I've been using Gears & Goggles Games, but felt it was a bit of a mouthful and have wanted to change it to Xen Games. But there is a 'Xen Gamez' in Brisbane. Any ideas on a name I could use? :D

I also buy & sell Axis & Allies minis, (have pretty much the entire collection of war at sea and Angels 20 in stock, plus starters and boosters) and I also sell Star Wars Imperial Assault. I have a rule that I ONLY ever sell games that I play, so that I can provide good service by being really invested in the product.

Dogfighter Games has a nice ring to it....

Xen
09-11-2016, 04:04
Yes I was thinking exactly that as an option! Funny you recommend that!

Guntruck
09-11-2016, 05:18
As you have been a great source of WoG planes over the years, how about "Evan help us"? :D

Xen
09-11-2016, 05:19
HA!:pray::pray::pray::pray:

skipper
09-11-2016, 05:59
'Evans Above'

flash
09-11-2016, 07:29
"Evan Better" - he certainly helped me with a few ! :pint:

Xen
09-11-2016, 07:47
You guys are on a roll.. ;)

Stumptonian
09-11-2016, 10:58
Glad I found Evan 2+ years ago before I even knew he was Xen on this forum.
Came through with some very hard to get models for me.
:thumbsup:

Doug
09-11-2016, 14:14
Not taking away anything from Xen but I have had problems with some LGS in Australia (yes milsims was one of them) I now only buy from Keith :thumbsup:

gully_raker
09-11-2016, 16:54

:D How about "Action Games" Evan?

gully_raker
09-11-2016, 16:56
:thumbsup: Yes I have to give Evan a BIG Thumbs Up for his service & supply of hard to get models especially WW2! :sAprvd:

gully_raker
09-11-2016, 22:00
Good news for Australian gamers, the Milsims website is back up and taking orders. They still have a large number of Wings of Glory WGF and WGS miniatures available in stock.

http://www.milsims.com.au/

:thumbsup: Surprising just how much they have in stock & the Prices are pretty god too.;)