PDA

View Full Version : stuka ffiring

Baxter
12-04-2015, 20:27
Fire from the sky does not mention it but I am assuming a half ruler length shot will be double. IE. 2 * A where a full riler would be 1 A chit. Is that right?

Gary

Tonx
12-04-2015, 20:45
Hi Gary - I have a Wings of War Stuka out in front of me and may I politely say no from what I see. As you know the Stuka has a tail-gunner as well as forward firing capability ...

Forward Firing: Single A Chit / Token at full ruler length. Single A Chit / Token at half ruler length.

Rearward Firing: Single A Chit / Token at full ruler length. Single A Chit / Token at half ruler length.

I would have thought that the Stuka had a stronger forward firing capability than what I am reading here. Source: Junkers Ju.87B-2 Stuka for Wings of War / WW25H.

Baxter
12-04-2015, 21:55
I was just thinking that with WW1 it would be double at half riler than full length. It does not seem logical that the damage would be exactly the same irrespective of range. It looks like just the 2 seaters have the same damage for both.

Angiolillo
12-04-2015, 22:23
The damage scale for WW2 Wings of War/Glory brings to an A damage chit for one 12,7 mg and for one or two 7,7 machineguns, at short range. It shgould be halved at long range, but the A chit is the minimum so there is nothing less than an A chit. We left the same.
If you want to houserule that, you could give a -1 to such A damages when at long range.

Tonx
12-05-2015, 03:06
If you want to houserule that, you could give a -1 to such A damages when at long range.

Andrea thank you very much for this advice. I am going to trial this house rule in my next game where Junkers Ju.87s are involved: Only exception will of course be if the Ju.87 scores an Explosion Chit / Boom Card on the opposition although I have only ever seen this happen once. Details are in the AAR I posted in WW2 Missions which I called There's Grim ... Very Grim ... And This One! Or something similar to that.

Foz
12-05-2015, 07:03

Not a bad idea. I had noticed from the systems for working out damage for various weapons, a little detail is lost at the lower end of things.

Another idea may be to take two chits, pick the worst and chuck the other back in the cup/bag/pile etc.

Angiolillo
12-05-2015, 07:59
Well... the ww1 scale is 1 mg, 2 mgs, AA gun.

The WW2 scale is from 1 light machinegun to 12 of them, from 1 to 8 heavy machineguns, from light to 40 mm cannons... Some detail is lost if we want to keep things easy enough.

Foz
12-05-2015, 08:23
Well... the ww1 scale is 1 mg, 2 mgs, AA gun.

The WW2 scale is from 1 light machinegun to 12 of them, from 1 to 8 heavy machineguns, from light to 40 mm cannons... Some detail is lost if we want to keep things easy enough.

It wasn't a complaint. I understand the need to abstract things in wargames, and that detail will occasionally be lost.
Plus I find having light weapons still doing damage makes the game a little more balanced.

Baxter
12-05-2015, 14:25
Thank you all for the responses. I just wanted to check that we did not have to double the A for short range as there was some confusion in our last game. Lady luck still has a lot to do with it. In our fight I found myself at point blank range head to head with the Yellow nosed 109 and I was in my Skua. He gave me 3 hits, I think it was 2 A and 1 C, and I gave him one B. The end result was I pick up 3 0's and he drew the explosion!