PDA

View Full Version : Exciting dogfight at La Crosse Game Night

rrodrick
10-08-2010, 22:20
The enthusiasm for Wings of War has been growing in my game group. The last two games were suggested by others, not me. This was a great battle.

Rick and Brian represented the Central Powers flying a Fokker DVII and Albatross DVa respectively. They squared off against Derek M. in a Sopwith Camel and Mark in a Sopwith Snipe. As the four planes closed to fight Derek exchanged fire and took four hits. His damage cards--5, 4, 3,and 3. Almost as soon as the dogfight began Derek left the game in a fiery crash. Incredibly luck, but effective. Mark put up a game fight in the Snipe. He managed to get several shots at Brian's Albatross. Rick's Fokker took a number of hits but, in stark contrast to Derek, sustained virtually no damage. After a lengthy cat and mouse game the incremental damage to Mark's plane began to take it's toll. With rudder damage he was not able to stay clear of the fire from both Central Powers planes. Ultimately the damage inflicted added up and Mark was forced down. Both kills were attributed to the Fokker who enjoyed a very successful day.

Oberst Hajj
10-08-2010, 22:30
Sounds like a good game.

crashx
10-08-2010, 22:36
Go Germany, go Germany, go Germany!!! Whoo-whoo!!!

Flying Officer Kyte
10-09-2010, 03:47
We seem to be getting a bit of hammer from the Hun in all these sorties just of late and it isn't even April. Come on Allies show them your mettle.
Kyte.

Pope
10-09-2010, 10:49
We seem to be getting a bit of hammer from the Hun in all these sorties just of late and it isn't even April. Come on Allies show them your mettle.
Kyte.

Rob, don't worry the tide will turn as more SE 5A come on line:D.

Goering Ace
10-09-2010, 16:38
Nice report, Rick! Nice to see the Alied planes taker some of that bad luck damage for once!! Seems like my German planes are always falling victim to that when I play my son. Still, that's gotta be the worst run of 4 cards I've ever seen!! I don't think I ever had 4 straight cards total THAT much before! Heck, that's almost the maximum he could get. I believe 16 is the highest possible for a 4 card draw.

Oops. Forgot about the 2nd 5 in the deck. I guess the max would be 18 (5, 5, 4, 4).

Scott