PDA

View Full Version : Shuffle cards used each turn back into deck?

AZTiger98
10-04-2015, 00:17
Do you shuffle the cards used each turn back into the deck for either the WWI or the WWII version of the rules? I can't tell if I'm supposed to or not. The WWI rules I think say yes, the WWII rules, I can't tell.

Marechallannes
10-04-2015, 00:34
You don't have to, as far as I know.

Shuffling back your used maneuver cards makes ist more difficult for your opponent to guess what maneuver you'll plan & fly.

WGS rulebook page 7: The maneuver card used for movement ...is put back in the maneuver deck.

WGS rulebook page 12: The maneuver card...is placed back among the player's available cards...

Naharaht
12-26-2015, 10:05
Used manoeuvre cards are replaced in your deck once used but there is no need to shuffle them since you will choose which to use in the following turn.

OldGuy59
12-26-2015, 11:07
Used manoeuvre cards are replaced in your deck once used but there is no need to shuffle them since you will choose which to use in the following turn.

Oohhh! What a fun way to play.

Shuffle the maneuver deck, pick three (or two for WGS) cards at random, place them face down on the console. Any illegal move is replaced with a straight (no penalty, as the maneuver was not "picked", and was unintentional). Try to anticipate any opponent doing that!

Flying Helmut
12-26-2015, 11:34
Been there!:) for WGF.

A very young chap at one of our shows "ran out of cards" on the fifth turn, as he had played all those given to him at the start!
It took a few attempts at explanation to get him to choose from the entire deck each turn.

LOOP
12-26-2015, 13:44
I sometimes cut the deck ( hope that is the corect word ) just to hide where I put the used cards but I seldom see a real need for such a secresy. Everyone is occupied with chosig their own cards that they don't bother with yours :)

grumpybear
12-26-2015, 15:48
As you choose each time there is no need to shuffle

Sagrilarus
12-26-2015, 18:21
Assuming he's talking about maneuver, not damage. I took the question to mean damage.

Пилот
01-18-2016, 17:35
Me too!

Future Pilot
04-12-2018, 13:34
Been there!:) for WGF.

A very young chap at one of our shows "ran out of cards" on the fifth turn, as he had played all those given to him at the start!
It took a few attempts at explanation to get him to choose from the entire deck each turn.

Me too, people will just draw from the top of their deck until all their cards are gone, then I have to tell them that they get to choose from the whole deck and that takes them a while to get used to.

milcoll73
04-13-2018, 00:32
Me too, people will just draw from the top of their deck until all their cards are gone, then I have to tell them that they get to choose from the whole deck and that takes them a while to get used to.

i had a girl do a similar thing. i mean, i never actually told her that the used maneuvers went back in the deck..........so i do now lol.

milcoll73
04-13-2018, 00:33
Oohhh! What a fun way to play.

Shuffle the maneuver deck, pick three (or two for WGS) cards at random, place them face down on the console. Any illegal move is replaced with a straight (no penalty, as the maneuver was not "picked", and was unintentional). Try to anticipate any opponent doing that!

i had a guy do that, except he took an penalty for illegal maneuvers. he stalled and crashed after playing 2 stalls in a row lol.