PDA

View Full Version : New 3 and 4 Blade Spinning Props

Oberst Hajj
08-30-2015, 16:12
These are two new products that came out of discussions at Origins this past year. While most useful for WGS planes, there are some 3 and 4 bladed props used in WGF.

Introducing the 3 and 4 Blade Spinning Props (http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/hobby/wings-of-glory.html).

3 Blades

http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/_/3_blade_prop-2793.jpg

4 Blades

http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/4/_/4_blade_prop-2785.jpg

Additional Aerodrome Accessories shown in these photos are the Gimbal Mounts and Scout/Fighter Flight Stand.

Tonx
08-30-2015, 17:00
Fantastic idea Sir and a great enhancement for WGS gameplay.

BTW Is that first Grumman F4F Wildcat a self-painted one or an Official Wings of War :minis: please? Never seen that one before ...

Oberst Hajj
08-30-2015, 20:25
It's an official one. I think that is the one that came in the WGS Deluxe set. It's been so long, I don't remember exactly which one came in it.

gully_raker
08-30-2015, 20:42
:thumbsup: Very nice Keith!:clap::clap::clap:

OldGuy59
08-30-2015, 21:01
Is there a "How-to" for installs?

It appears that for the Mustang above, the spinner was cut off, and the prop disk was glued to the front of the disk, and the disk glued to the plane.

I would think that I'd like to try cutting a hole in the middle of the prop disk, and fit it over the prop spinner.

Suggestions as to which would work better?

LOOP
08-30-2015, 22:47
Looks great! :thumbsup:

flash
08-30-2015, 23:49
They look great Keith :thumbsup:

Tonx
08-31-2015, 00:12
It's an official one. I think that is the one that came in the WGS Deluxe set. It's been so long, I don't remember exactly which one came in it.

Thank you Sir. This Grumman F4F Wildcat must be one of the four aircraft that are exclusive to the Wings of War WW2 Deluxe Set. Very interesting to see it in the flesh as my hunt for these four :minis: (and the four from the Wings of Glory WW2 Starter Set) continues ...

Oberst Hajj
08-31-2015, 03:59
Is there a "How-to" for installs?

It appears that for the Mustang above, the spinner was cut off, and the prop disk was glued to the front of the disk, and the disk glued to the plane.

I would think that I'd like to try cutting a hole in the middle of the prop disk, and fit it over the prop spinner.

Suggestions as to which would work better?

All of my props come with a center hole already cut into them. It is just large enough for a straight pin to push through it. The pin head can be seen in the Wildcat photo.

For the Wildcat, I simply sniped off the static prop and drilled a hole into the front of the plane using a small hobby hand held drill. I then cut a straight pin to length to use as the new propeller shaft. I placed a small drop of super glue on the front of the plane over the hole I drilled, slid the pin thru the prop disk and down into the hole and glue. I would normally prime and paint the pin head, but I wanted it to show in these photos.

For the P-51, the process was very similar. The exception here was for the spinner. The original prop blades and spinner are made of plastic and attached to the front of the metal fuselage by a metal pin. I took a pair of hobby snips and pried/cut the spinner off the front. I then drilled a small indentation into the back of the spinner to allow it to fit over the pin head. I attached the spinning prop to the Mustang in the same manner as the Wildcat (making sure I drilled the pin hole all the way thru the metal "wall" of the fuselage). Finally, I glued the spinner back on over the pin head and spinning prop. You could probably drill the center hole of the spinning prop wider so that it slipped over the spinner, but I don't think it would glue on as strong and would be mush harder to get it aligned correctly.

Drilling a hole and using the straight pin as a shaft really strengthens the joint on these and does not take that much time. I did both of these in about 20 mins before date night with the wife.

Flying Helmut
08-31-2015, 04:43
Those new prop discs look the biz!

I may well have to buy a few ..................

Teaticket
08-31-2015, 04:51
New props look great. I'll get some of these when I order the Caudron G4 flight stands.

Guntruck
08-31-2015, 05:22
How the hell did that happen? Ordered a pack of each and the bill came to $74. Oh yeah, it's all the other goodies I found :D Just grateful you are out of bomber gimbals.:money:

So Keith, hypothetically speaking if someone wanted say, 24 B17F bases would this perchance attract a small discount?

Oberst Hajj
08-31-2015, 06:27
How the hell did that happen? Ordered a pack of each and the bill came to $74. Oh yeah, it's all the other goodies I found :D Just grateful you are out of bomber gimbals.:money:

I love… I mean hate it when that happens :p lol

So Keith, hypothetically speaking if someone wanted say, 24 B17F bases would this perchance attract a small discount?

Well, I would say at the very least you could get them hand delivered, but my laser broke yesterday and I’m not sure if I’ll have it fixed in time to cut that many for you before I leave on Sat :(

But my question is… where and when are you going to have 24 flying at the same time? I want to be there!!

Tonx
08-31-2015, 06:48
But my question is… where and when are you going to have 24 flying at the same time? I want to be there!!

+1 :salute:

Guntruck
08-31-2015, 07:24

No rush - I've only got them half-painted (like most of the other stuff I start painting). Ares will probably have their 109 K-4s out before I've finished!

Flying Officer Kyte
09-01-2015, 12:17
Great to see that we are going to have a source for these Keith.
That's another job I can get out of doing myself.
Rob.

matt56
09-01-2015, 14:05
Love these new props, Keith - they will be necessary when I begin a serious slide to the Dark Side...:)

All the best,
Matt