PDA

View Full Version : Etrich Taube and Tigermoth

Daniel Lee
08-07-2015, 16:48
Hi All,

I have just ordered an Etrich Taube (Rumpler) and a Tigermoth from Shapeways and am wondering which manoeuvre decks would be appropriate for these planes?

Daniel Lee

flash
08-07-2015, 23:26
Hi Daniel, the Taube is very early war and will be very slow so likely would use a XA deck for that - you'll find that in the 'Flight of the Giants' expansion as it's primarily a bomber deck. The Tiger Moth is a 1930's era trainer and would likely use a J deck at best or the slower R deck for its speed. R decks are hard to get hold of as they come with N.16's in the Balloon Buster expansion.

Jager
08-08-2015, 01:23
I agree with the J deck for the Tiger moth, if you are going to use it in a WGF game.
If you want to use it in a WGS game, it unfortunately falls between 2 speed bands using Zoe brain's system of only moving the plane the length of the arrow.
The closest would be the K deck (or K(Z) in my nomenclature), but you lose 10mph, and don't have 60 degree turns that I think it needs.
Karl

Daniel Lee
08-28-2015, 22:21
My Shapeways Taube arrived yesterday.

Here it is on one of my home-made bases (probably should have a blank base as it wasn't ever fitted with a forward facing machine gun!)

It is not really 1/144. I realise the Taube's wingspan was quite large but this is about 10mm too large.

The pilot and observer are n scale people with their legs cut off.

Cheers,
Daniel