PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Hi Folks From ottawa

Stephane hubert
05-15-2015, 06:39
Hi Folks,

New player from Ottawa, Canada.

Pick up a copy of the starter set recently and gave it a go with the advanced Solo rule downloaded from the file section. I had a blast I admit.
I was quite surprise at how well it played solo.
I then went back to my PC and tried to replicate my encounter with Rise of Flight haha!
I'm planning in using the Iain McGhee solo Campaign rule as well at a later time when I am more familiar with the rules.
Now purchased a few more models and a Mat and will hunt for players in the Ottawa area.

Cheers.

Willi Von Klugermann
05-15-2015, 07:02
Welcome Steph. Perhaps I'll see you in the virtual skies as some of us play ROF as well.

Tonx
05-15-2015, 07:44
Welcome to the Drome Stephane from across the Pond! Your hours of fun here have begun - you will meet many great people here the more time you spend :)

Teaticket
05-15-2015, 08:39
Welcome to the Drome from Cape Cod.

Warhawk
05-15-2015, 10:02
Welcome Stephane! Glad to have you join us. Unfortunately I'm several hours away but I'm sure you can find some players in your area, best of luck!

Baron Rolf
05-15-2015, 11:12
Welcome to the aerodrome Stephane :)

grumpybear
05-15-2015, 12:05
Hi and welcome from Alberta

milcoll73
05-15-2015, 12:08
welcome to the drome Stephane:thumbsup:!!!!!

Flying Officer Kyte
05-15-2015, 12:34
On behalf of the pilots based here in Dear old Blighty welcome to the Drome Stephane.
A bit too far from Ottawa to give you a game I'm afraid.
Rob.

Guntruck
05-15-2015, 13:31
Hi Stephane, welcome from England.

Captain Chum
05-15-2015, 14:27
Welcome to the Drome Stephane, browse around and enjoy! :pint:

Flying Helmut
05-15-2015, 15:30
Welcome to the 'Drome, Stephane, from Middlesex in the U.K.

Naharaht
05-15-2015, 17:09
Welcome to the Aerodrome, Stephane, from here near Norwich in the U.K..

OldGuy59
05-15-2015, 17:24
Stephane,
Welcome to the 'drome! I'm a bit far for convenient get-togethers, being on Vancouver Island, but who knows?

There is a list of 'drome members, and there are some people from the National Capitol Region (Ontario - NRC) on that list (Canadian Wing Roll Call - December 2013 (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?14595-Roll-Call-December-2013)). How active they are may be an issue, though. Recent posters: Bruce [Bruce] is in your city, and Wes [Warhawk] might be around you somewhere (he isn't listing his location). Then, there is Skype gaming, if you are desperate, like me.

Have fun!

Bruce
05-15-2015, 20:50
Hi Stephane. I'm in Ottawa and active; there are 8 others in our Family & Friends gaming group ranging from age 67 (me) to a nephew who is 28.
We play WoG by e-mail 3 games a year (PBeM gaming) with 20-24 aircraft in each game; we usually add 4 or more other players from other areas/countries ... right now they are from France, Britain, USA and Australia.
I'll send you a personal e-mail via the Aerodrome site and if you're interested we can play a game or two to get acquainted and I can also introduce you to PBeM games. We've got lots of AC, game boards and all the other stuff too. And, I'll show you what a "Gimbal" is; once you see them you'll want one for each of your aircraft.

BBSuds
05-19-2015, 20:01
Welcome to the Aerodrome, Stephane. :pint:

Stephane hubert
05-22-2015, 06:56
Thanks folks!

Having a blast and actually acquired some WOG WW2 models as well (will re-create Pacific Theatre, unfortunately no Corsair yet). I discovered that Ares even made Sails of Glory.. it's will hurt my wallet).
Bruce I sent you an email as well.

OldGuy59, Mike... who knows I might be in Vancouver Island some day. Wife is trying to transfer from Navy to Air Force. Comox airbase then would be the choice....

Cheers

OldGuy59
05-22-2015, 22:29
Thanks folks!

Having a blast and actually acquired some WOG WW2 models as well (will re-create Pacific Theatre, unfortunately no Corsair yet). I discovered that Ares even made Sails of Glory.. it's will hurt my wallet).

OldGuy59, Mike... who knows I might be in Vancouver Island some day. Wife is trying to transfer from Navy to Air Force. Comox airbase then would be the choice....

Cheers
WoW! That sounds familiar. I did that remuster thing a few years ago. Navy to Air Force, too.

It would be awesome to have another pilot out here. If you're out on a recce, let me show yiur Better Half and you around.

invigilator
06-24-2015, 11:06
Stephan, Bruce,

I've just started playing, WWI, and am looking for players in the ottawa area. I'm still learning the ropes. Hopefully we could join up for a game some time?

james.

Flying Officer Kyte
06-25-2015, 04:33
Welcome to the Drome from the Pilots based here in dear old Blighty. Unfortunately we are too far away for a game, but we do run a Solo Campaign which you will find here.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?84-Over-the-Trenches

I'm sure some of your fellow countrymen will be along soon to give you some advice and put you in touch with any local players.
Fly safe.
Rob.

OldGuy59
07-01-2015, 11:20
Stephan, Bruce,

I've just started playing, WWI, and am looking for players in the ottawa area. I'm still learning the ropes. Hopefully we could join up for a game some time?

james.

James!
Sorry I missed this.

Belated Welcome to the 'drome! We may have to start up an Ottawa Squadron. Get more of the players out there to join the Forum.

Maybe we can hand out a Convention Medal or two? CanGames 2016 will be at the Rideau Curling Club May 20-22 (Link to site: www.cangames.ca (http://www.cangames.ca/component/content?view=featured))

Canadian Convention Medals Suggestion Thread: Convention Medals Suggestions! (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?20020-Convention-Medals-Con-Suggestions!&p=308360&viewfull=1#post308360)

If you need suggestions and ideas for how do get Wings of Glory injected into your local Con, ask me.

invigilator
07-02-2015, 10:08
Hey guys,

I PMed you bruce.
Mike, i haven't actually been able to play against anyone here yet. I'm hoping to find some players to set up a regular game, and if i can find players i'd for sure be interested in trying to set up a demo at canGames next year.

Rob, thanks for the welcome. I'm looking at the solo campaign, and when i figure out where to start, i'll have a go!

james.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-03-2015, 03:59
Just drop Flash a PM he is the prime mover behind the Solo Campaign.
Rob.

OldGuy59
08-11-2015, 11:08
Thanks folks!

Cheers

Any word on the possible move?

Just finished InCON 2015 here in Courtenay, and I will be making an appearance at 19 Wing's Rexsop on 12 September. If you moved to the Comox Air Base, come see the event, and we can meet up.