PDA

View Full Version : Prelude: First briefing

Setarius
04-29-2015, 09:40
Capt. Rickenbacker is at the podium speaking.

Gentlemen, I would like to welcome all of you to the 94th Aero Squadron, the Hat in the Ring Squadron. Entente command has given me the task of finding the Red Baron, Manfred von Richthofen and capture him or failing to be able to bring him in alive to make sure he does not fly again.
(Crowd murmurs)
Command has given me permission to choose the pilots I want for this mission and you are that group. We all know each other mostly by reputation and what we have read about each other in the press. During the next few weeks I hope we can get to know each other better and come to work as a well oil machine.
We will be flying 2 sorties a day, weather permitting, to try to locate the Baron and his Flying Circus. If we do not spot him in 5 days we will take a couple of days off for some rest and relaxation and then start again. Do not fear, each one of you will have ample opportunity to increase your tallies while here. My plan right now is to go up in 3 man groups to search for the Baron. We will commence the search at 0500 tomorrow morning. A briefing will be held at 0430 to discuss flight paths for each group and who will be in each group. We will rotate group members on a daily basis so we can get some flight time with each other.
Gentlemen that is all for now. The officers mess will be open until 2000. I do hope to see you there.
Dismissed.

Attendees
Capt. Eddie Rickenbacker
Col Rene Fonck
Major Count Francesco Baracca
Lt Aubrey Beauclark Elwood
Lt Jan Olieslager
Major William Barker

Flying Officer Kyte
04-29-2015, 11:39
Sounds as if we are in for some spiffing AARs here Dale.
The cream of the multi national Aces with but a single objective.:clap:
Rob.

gully_raker
04-29-2015, 18:00
:thumbsup: This should be "very" interesting!:)

Setarius
05-14-2015, 15:55
It has been interesting setting up match ups for recon, bombing, and patrols for this. Also, reading up on some of these pilots. And finding cannon fodder, or Away Teams, for these. So far I have 3 missions ready, 1 of each. Now to find the time and proper people to play against.
Will post AARs asap.