PDA

View Full Version : Product updates

Oberst Hajj
09-24-2010, 06:36
Here is what is in the works and a rough time line I think they will be available.

Foam trays Available
The layouts are all designed and the files are at the workshop, just waiting for them to make the prototypes. Once those are in hand and approved, it's just a matter of doing a production run.

Flak Markers Available
I'm picking up the prototype for a 3D flak marker that I designed this week, depending on costs and if I like it, those will be available next month. I am leaning towards putting an altitude ring and dial set on this as well to allow people to use house rules of setting the flak to go off at X altitude. I'll try and work out the house rules for these and include them with each order.

Clouds August 2011
I'm looking at offering some simple, flat plastic (looking at some marble colored acrylic sheets) cloud shapes that you put out on the table to fly in and out of. Again, I will most likely include the house rules for these. I'm going with flat clouds as they will not get in the way of moving plane around where 3D clouds would.

Decals On Sell Now!
I have two sets that should be coming out very soon now. The Generic British numbers and letters are all ready to go, just waiting on the Naval Sqd. 9 decals to get color corrected and then production versions will be shipped to me. These could be in hand as soon next month... just need the decal guy to push them out.

Flight Pegs Unknown
Ran into some issues with the files I was going to use to have the molds made up, so these are delayed again. Do to the complexity of the project and the costs involved, I'm not really sure when these will come about.

Cockpit boards Available
Once again just waiting on the prototype (getting it this week I'm told) to approve before production begins.

Control Sticks Possibly scrapped
Not sure on the final name for this one yet. It is a holder for a maneuver deck during game play. It is similar to the Cockpit boards as it has slots cut out of it so that the cards can be stood up in them facing you. There will be six slots, broken down in to left and right turns, straights, steeps, left and right side slips and altitude changes. The layout/slot count might change as I'll be getting the initial prototype back this week. I'll have to play test it for size and usability, so it could under go a few more revisions. Expected production date would be some time in Oct or Nov.

WWI Bomber stands Available
I'll be releasing a select range of flight stands for Flight of the Giants. The list currently includes the Gotha and Caproni. I might be doing a limited or group buy on the Handley Page 0/400 since a nice model of it was just released.

Stuka stands On sale now
I've got stands made up for the Dawn of War Stuka minis (works with 1/144 scale as well). It just has a different firing arch to the rear compared to the "normal" two seaters is all.

1/144 Bomber bases: Discontinued

Dom S
09-24-2010, 06:40
It seems like I am forgetting one new project, but I can't figure out what the heck it is right now.
WWI bomber bases...? :rolleyes:

Oberst Hajj
09-24-2010, 06:51
Yeah! I knew I was forgetting something!! lol

Updated.

Thanks.

Dom S
09-24-2010, 06:54
Excellent - I'm playing around trying to knock up something for the Gotha G.IV, but if you come up with something that'll take regular WoW pegs I reckon I'll take the easy option.... :)

KiltedWolf
09-24-2010, 07:00
Woohoo! My checkbook is ready!

BTW, the foam trays -- will this first run just be for the planes, or include the balloon foam?

Thanks for the update,and the work on this gear Colonel.

Burt
09-24-2010, 07:42
Thanks Col that all sounds very good.

I will bide my time for a little while to see your new products before sending an order.

Don

schoon
09-24-2010, 08:09
Excellent news overall. I'm particularly looking forward to the storage trays!

LGKR
09-24-2010, 08:12
How about a damage deck holder?

Below is a photo of one I made for our league. It holds a double 'A' deck and a single 'B' deck. It nice because we can pass the decks around the table easier.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=37&pictureid=4780

Oberst Hajj
09-24-2010, 08:13
Excellent - I'm playing around trying to knock up something for the Gotha G.IV, but if you come up with something that'll take regular WoW pegs I reckon I'll take the easy option.... :)

The options for the WWI bomber bases will be either the standard pegs just like the scout bases (what I would like to do) or the balloon pegs (if they are needed for the weight).

BTW, the foam trays -- will this first run just be for the planes, or include the balloon foam?

I have the balloon tray designed and should get the prototype for it along with all the rest of them.

Oberst Hajj
09-24-2010, 08:15
Deck holders get a little more complicated, but I think I could do them. For shipping purposes, I think they would require final gluing and assembly by the customer (would help keep production costs down as well). It would be a simple matter of "Insert tab A into slot B" type of thing.

Dom S
09-24-2010, 08:17
The trouble with the balloon pegs is, umm, having them.... For the Gotha I'm currently looking at two regular pegs; one at the "tailing dot" on the card, and the other on the nose gun position. Finding a local cutting option will be the trick....

DaveZee
09-24-2010, 08:40
The clouds sound like a very cool addition. Are there currently any house rules on cloud cover?

LGKR
09-24-2010, 08:48
The clouds sound like a very cool addition. Are there currently any house rules on cloud cover?

Check out the Traverse City Leagur Rule Book in WWI files section. We have some simple cloud house rules.

Oberst Hajj
09-24-2010, 08:49
I should have my Gotha on Monday, so I can test it then. The problem I'm seeing with two pegs is that I can't put the altitude rings and dials on it then. It might be that the actual mini might be large enough to make it work. I'm kind of curious to see what scale the bomber minis are as the card ones are not in scale with the card fighters. So... is the mini base going to be larger then the card "base"?

Dom S
09-24-2010, 09:12
I should have my Gotha on Monday, so I can test it then. The problem I'm seeing with two pegs is that I can't put the altitude rings and dials on it then.
I think that's going to be an issue anyway, as your usual dial set up would cover over the gun position dots.

It might be that the actual mini might be large enough to make it work. I'm kind of curious to see what scale the bomber minis are as the card ones are not in scale with the card fighters.
Must admit I'd not looked at that, but yeah I see your point; they're about 3/4 the size they "should" be as it were. I hope like hell they don't mess with the model scale - definite "no sale" for me if they do....

So... is the mini base going to be larger then the card "base"?
I very much doubt it - the cards and miniatures being compatible / interchangeable is very much part of the way the range is designed. You have got me worried about the size of the models now though.... :(

LGKR
09-24-2010, 09:24
Deck holders get a little more complicated, but I think I could do them. For shipping purposes, I think they would require final gluing and assembly by the customer (would help keep production costs down as well). It would be a simple matter of "Insert tab A into slot B" type of thing.

I was thinking of making simple design like this for all 3 decks we use. Just a base with pegs.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=181&pictureid=4781

Oberst Hajj
09-24-2010, 15:58
I think that's going to be an issue anyway, as your usual dial set up would cover over the gun position dots.

Crap, you are right! Okay, a few new options.

Option 1: Move the altitude ring to one of the back corners where it would not be in the way of the firing dots, but it would make it a little more tricky when measuring range. Using two flight pegs fore and aft would do the same thing though. If I opted not to have the Gimbal Mounts work with the bombers (may have to with two pegs anyways) I could place the two flight pegs out on the wings a little ways ( but I like the flight pegs on the two blue dots better).

Option 2: I design a bomber control card to track all the crew and gun operations and put the altitude ring on it... similar to my Cockpit boards.

Must admit I'd not looked at that, but yeah I see your point; they're about 3/4 the size they "should" be as it were. I hope like hell they don't mess with the model scale - definite "no sale" for me if they do....

Same here, if they scale is off I will not be buying them. But I think they know that!

[/quote]I very much doubt it - the cards and miniatures being compatible / interchangeable is very much part of the way the range is designed. You have got me worried about the size of the models now though.... :([/QUOTE]

I doubt it as well. Checking the scale size at 1/144 it appears it would be fine on that size card/base.

I was thinking of making simple design like this for all 3 decks we use. Just a base with pegs.

That is one way of doing it, but I'd prefer something a little more substantial and better looking. I'll think on it and see what I can come up with.

Dom S
09-24-2010, 16:21
I definitely prefer option 2, especially as the peg placement doesn't need to interfere with measuring range anyway, at least on the Gotha, by using the tailing dot and the nose gun dot. (Ie. not both blues, but the dots furthest forward and aft, one blue, one red.) The nose gun measures range from the front peg, while the dorsal gun measures from its red dot in between the pegs, but the "aft" peg is in its blind spot anyway, so wouldn't usually be getting in the way. (Only when the target's above it.)

Warhorse47
09-24-2010, 19:19
Hoping for AEF decals......please?

Oberst Hajj
09-24-2010, 19:34
I definitely prefer option 2, especially as the peg placement doesn't need to interfere with measuring range anyway, at least on the Gotha, by using the tailing dot and the nose gun dot. (Ie. not both blues, but the dots furthest forward and aft, one blue, one red.) The nose gun measures range from the front peg, while the dorsal gun measures from its red dot in between the pegs, but the "aft" peg is in its blind spot anyway, so wouldn't usually be getting in the way. (Only when the target's above it.)

Or when shooting at long rang at the same altitude. But with any peg placement, it's only an inconvenience some of the time.

Oberst Hajj
09-24-2010, 19:37

Depends on how the other decals do. I am looking at doing some 94th guys to go with the Eddie we already have.

Coog
09-24-2010, 19:43
Depends on how the other decals do. I am looking at doing some 94th guys to go with the Eddie we already have.

That would be great. I've got two numberless 94th repaints that I need to finish out.

wargamer
09-24-2010, 20:06

Yes, concur, request AEF decals!!!

Skullduggery
09-24-2010, 20:21

What about vacuum formed deck trays. I have been toying around with the idea of vac forming control boards myself.

Oberst Hajj
09-24-2010, 22:12
I don't have the equipment, knowledge or time to branch out in to vacuum forming parts, so that is not an option.

Khargor
09-25-2010, 08:57
WWI Bomber stands Oct 2010
I'll be releasing a select range of flight stands for Flight of the Giants. The list currently includes the Gotha and Caproni. I might be doing a limited or group buy on the Handley Page 0/400 since a nice model of it was just released.

Col H - if you do a group buy for the Hadley bases I'll definitely buy 2 of them. How many bases would you need to sell to make it viable for you to do it?

Oberst Hajj
09-25-2010, 09:11
The Group buys would only be offered if I need that base as well. So, no minimums, I just need one of the bombers. lol

John B
10-03-2010, 15:20
Hi I have been awaiting the arrival of the stuka bases for sometime now, but I noticed today that 2 bases of which I need about 6 are out of stock. Can you confirm that these bases are still going to be available and when please or are you going to stop supplying bases altogether?.

John B

Oberst Hajj
10-03-2010, 15:26
John, they are just temperately out of stock. Still having issues with my supplier. I have the Stukas ready to photograph this week, so those will be up. Sorry for all the delays, it is driving me mad!

John B
10-04-2010, 00:52
Thanks Col.

John B

big bald Al
10-04-2010, 08:46
Hi Col. When will the flame/smoke counters and 2 seater stands be back in stock? Typical, first sign of spare cash and your sold out! :(

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

Cheers Al

Oberst Hajj
10-14-2010, 04:15
Just a quick note to let everyone know the decals have arrived and will be going into the store site in the next day or so with photos of the repainted miniatures a few days later.

Oberst Hajj
10-28-2010, 21:34
Updated the first post with new dates on most items.

John B
10-29-2010, 01:00
There appears to be a problem with creating an account on the new site.

It does not send a confirmation e-mail.

John B

Mike White
10-30-2010, 23:17
On the decal side of things has anyone asked for sheets of german camouflage markings? A generic sheet that could be cut to size could really help scratchbuilding.

Oberst Hajj
10-31-2010, 06:06
Mike, I've been thinking about it. I'm not moving forward on any of the decal products until I see how the current ones sell.

Burt
10-31-2010, 13:53
There appears to be a problem with creating an account on the new site.

It does not send a confirmation e-mail.

John B

Hi Col

I am having the same problem when I try to create an account

Don

Boney10
10-31-2010, 14:24
Pegs want more pegs pweeeeseeee

DaveZee
11-01-2010, 09:45
Just placed an order! I hope that means the flame/smoke markers are in-stock... :)

FerretDave
11-01-2010, 10:50
Hi Col

I am having the same problem when I try to create an account

Don

same here....

Burt
11-01-2010, 10:56
same here....

I just tried again to register but no luck :confused:
I tried to look at the customer services page but it is mostly in Latin ( see below) :eek:
Is this some sort of virus or something :(
Don

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Morbi luctus. Duis lobortis. Nulla nec velit. Mauris pulvinar erat non massa. Suspendisse tortor turpis, porta nec, tempus vitae, iaculis semper, pede. Cras vel libero id lectus rhoncus porta. Suspendisse convallis felis ac enim. Vivamus tortor nisl, lobortis in, faucibus et, tempus at, dui. Nunc risus. Proin scelerisque augue. Nam ullamcorper. Phasellus id massa. Pellentesque nisl. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Nunc augue. Aenean sed justo non leo vehicula laoreet. Praesent ipsum libero, auctor ac, tempus nec, tempor nec, justo

outriderhobbies
11-01-2010, 13:20
No that's not an error. That's actually a standard printing proof, in modern times put in as filler on websites to show how a page would lay out. I forget where its from (it's in wikipedia), but it's used as it has a good mix of letters in the English language. So you can use different fonts and see how they will change the layout of the page before you write all your content. Also good for getting a preview of how a site will look if you are still selecting a template to use.

Burt
11-01-2010, 13:26
Thanks Bryan,
Still cannot get registered on Aerodrome Accessories. I ask for a password the site says password sent but it never arrives, maybe its my PC playing up again but other people seem to be having the same trouble, all in UK I think.
Don

outriderhobbies
11-01-2010, 13:35
Yeah, can't help with account creation. I guess I should have specified that I was just talking about the latin. Sorry

Oberst Hajj
11-01-2010, 13:58
It does appear to be a UK thing. The accounts are being created and any orders on them are coming through, just no emails or logging back in for you guys is working. I am looking into it though!

Burt
11-01-2010, 14:52
It does appear to be a UK thing. The accounts are being created and any orders on them are coming through, just no emails or logging back in for you guys is working. I am looking into it though!

Thanks Col.

Have tried to order some items but cannot complete the order because I can't register.
Don

tuladin
11-02-2010, 09:13

I'm having the same problem and I'm in the US.

Update: never mind - I just got the confirmation - it just took awhile.

DaveZee
11-02-2010, 11:43
My confirmation on gmail went to the spam folder. :( I found it, and now my account is all set! :D

Oberst Hajj
11-02-2010, 12:01
We took steps this morning to improve emails between the site and Gmail... so hopefully this will help some of you.

DaveZee
11-03-2010, 22:24
Got my order today! Super fast turn around, and the pieces look great!

Thanks, Keith!!! :D

I'm ready for my clouds, cockpit boards and control sticks! :p

The Cowman
11-03-2010, 22:38
We took steps this morning to improve emails between the site and Gmail... so hopefully this will help some of you.

I tried three times on my gmail account before realizing it had gone into the spam folder... glad to see it was not just me!

I have a big order waiting in my shopping cart. Just waiting for the storage trays in the hopes of saving a bit of shipping. Hopefully everything else won't sell out before then! :D Can hardly wait!

Captain Knowitall
11-08-2010, 21:42
Col. your site is still showing the WWI two seater bases and the smoke/flame markers are STILL out of stock.

Any timeline as to when these will be back in stock?
I have two metal RE8's that are in desparate need of bases.

I would also like to get a couple pair of smoke/flame markers...

Oberst Hajj
11-09-2010, 02:31
I'm having supplier issues right now. I'm guessing the first part of December for everything to com back in stock.

Boney10
11-09-2010, 10:27
Hi Col, with your post above in mind would you prefer to wait until Dec to make an order or will you take orders now and supply when in stock?
I too am after a few pairs of smoke & flame markers
Chris

Oberst Hajj
11-09-2010, 11:39
I should know by the end of the week if the new supplier can meet my needs. If they can, I'll open up "back order" orders and just ship them when they come in. I just don't want to take orders for them now and find out the new supplier can't do them.

Jäger
02-04-2011, 09:35
Anything new about Flak Markers? :) I just finished two mobile AA trucks (by Skytrex) and it would be fun to get more AA stuff as 3D.

Oberst Hajj
02-04-2011, 09:46
The design is all done, just waiting on the laser to free up to start cutting all the acrylic stuff.

Jäger
02-04-2011, 09:56
Sounds great! Waiting for pictures. ;)

MayorJim
02-05-2011, 18:34
Flak markers? Didn't know those might be in the works...sounds wonderful!...

Keith...in post #1 here you mention that the 1/144 bomber bases may be discontinued...are those the same bases we'd use for 2 the seaters?

Oberst Hajj
02-07-2011, 18:15
Here is a photo of the prototype flak marker. It was to large so it has been scaled down. Other than that, it looks the same.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5781&d=1286318509

No, the two seater stands are still in production. The 1/144 bomber stands were for WWII and have been discontinued.

usmc1855
02-08-2011, 04:38
Do the Flak markers come with a stand?

Oberst Hajj
02-08-2011, 04:42
Yes, they will come with a stand as pictured above. The altitude ring will be changed slightly to reflect that it is for flak and not a plane. They will ship disassembled though.

Sulzer
02-08-2011, 09:28
Col. Hajj, I was wanting to inquire about an update on when the Aerodrome store was going to be restocked. I read where it was hopefully going to be sometime in December. Has it already been done and I just caught the tail end of it?

I have just recently gotten into WoW, as in a week ago, and even more recently found this great site. I am just hankering to get my hands on as much material and resources that I can. The extra effort that you, and this community, has put in to advance the game is inspiring. Any info would be appreciated. I am just waiting with anticiaption to fill up my shopping cart.

Sulzer

Oberst Hajj
02-08-2011, 09:44
Welcome to the game and the site. I'm hoping for the end of this month or sometime in March for all the acrylic products. The Hangars and bags I will have back in stock next week for sure.

Oberst Hajj
02-08-2011, 09:50
I updated the first post.

usmc1855
02-08-2011, 16:54
Do the Flak markers come with a stand?

Outstanding! Put about six to eight of 'em on pre-order for me.

MayorJim
02-09-2011, 14:47
Here is a photo of the prototype flak marker. It was to large so it has been scaled down. Other than that, it looks the same.

No, the two seater stands are still in production. The 1/144 bomber stands were for WWII and have been discontinued.

Keith...these look really great!! Thanks for the quick reply as well...

MayorJim
02-09-2011, 14:49
"Here is a photo of the prototype flak marker. It was to large so it has been scaled down. Other than that, it looks the same."

Too large?? Looks just about right to me...(could actually be a bit larger and I'd be fine with that too)

FerretDave
02-14-2011, 03:10
[QUOTE=Col. Hajj;48199]Here is a photo of the prototype flak marker. It was to large so it has been scaled down. Other than that, it looks the same.

Like it :-)
Does seem a bit large, wouldnt want it interfering with the planes movement (until it goes boom!) Whats the size of it now?

Oberst Hajj
02-14-2011, 04:35
The stand is the same size, but the tinted part of the flak burst was reduced to 18mm wide by 25mm tall.

Boney10
02-14-2011, 05:27
Hmmm now they do look good but where are all the extra flight pegs coming from ?

Oberst Hajj
02-14-2011, 05:46
I know not everyone buys every single mini they put out, but I personally have over 200 of the pegs.... I never ever use all those to put planes on the table. Heck I even sold 100 of them to someone last year.

MayorJim
02-14-2011, 13:48
I know not everyone buys every single mini they put out, but I personally have over 200 of the pegs.... I never ever use all those to put planes on the table. Heck I even sold 100 of them to someone last year.

So the answer is; "self-supply"...no problemo on my part...they still look great!

tuladin
02-14-2011, 14:07
I have to admit that I went and bought a couple of planes that I didn't need just to get the pegs to make gimbals. I'll probably get a few more for the archie pegs - which I'll be ordering as soon as they're available!

MayorJim
02-27-2011, 14:08
Any updates on the flak markers??

Oberst Hajj
02-27-2011, 17:39
They'll be here with everything else. Hoping they will be ready in March.

Jäger
07-02-2011, 00:43
We had a good game yesterday. Allied fighter group tried to bust German balloons, which were protected by fighters and heavy AA fire. Any new updates about Ack-Ack Markers?

Oberst Hajj
07-02-2011, 00:52
As a matter of fact, the new pre-production prototype is being cut this coming week. As long as it checks out, look for them in a couple of weeks.

Niclas
07-02-2011, 03:08
Herr Oberst,

What is the current status of the bomber stands?
There's some stuff about that in the earlier part of this thread, but those parts are quite old.
For me, bomber card size bases for regular size pegs would probably work as I think that I'll be mainly using non-metal minis and I that the regular ball bearings should hold those.

/Niclas

Oberst Hajj
07-02-2011, 05:15
Niclas, the Gotha stands were already made, but a laser malfunction caused alignment issues. The replacement stands have been cut, but I don't know if they have been mailed out yet or not (might be waiting for other products to be ready to ship as well). So, the Gotha stand is imminent. The other bombers I've not messed with just yet as I don't have a model of them to test the stand on.

Niclas
07-02-2011, 05:39
Great!

Mainly Gothas I'll be needing them for (to begin with anyway).

Flying Officer Kyte
07-07-2011, 05:37
Just a thank you Herr Oberst. The new flight stands landed here in Blighty this morning. I am already busy adding them to my bases and balloons. Quality is fine as usual. Next the Gothas.
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
07-08-2011, 02:29
Flame and Smoke markers are back in stock.