PDA

View Full Version : New ACE Hangar Trays

Pages : [1] 2

Oberst Hajj
04-07-2015, 04:21
I'm happy to announce that the new ACE Hangar Trays are finally ready for production! I will be taking pre-orders (http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/storage/hangar-trays.html) from now until April 19th and placing the initial production order on the 20th. Due to the space these will take up in my house, I am not planning keeping a large amount on stock all the time. I also have to order a minimum amount to have them produced, so restocks will not happen as quickly as my other AA products. This means you should consider ordering most of what you need in this initial production run if at all possible.

And for those of you that might not have seen them yet, here are a few photos...

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=160301&d=1426471960

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=160300&d=1426471958

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=160291&d=1426471868

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=160293&d=1426471947

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=160288&d=1426471863

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=160290&d=1426471866

You can see in those photos that you can select the bottom foam color for each of your trays.

Here is the old style tray "supporting" a cordless drill:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118404&d=1388544518

New style top foam (no bottom foam!) supporting that same drill:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118403&d=1388544517

As you can see, the new foam is much denser, but it's actually smoother in feel than the old style and does the pores for your minis to snag on.

LOOP
04-07-2015, 04:42
Will there still be some combodeals?

gully_raker
04-07-2015, 05:06
:thumbsup::clap::clap::clap: Oh Shiny!

LOOP
04-07-2015, 05:20
Skip the deals. I need them!! Order placed!!

Nachtschwärmer
04-07-2015, 06:14
Are these going to hold the new Giants?

Oberst Hajj
04-07-2015, 06:37
Will there still be some combodeals?

That will depend on if I can work out offering the bags. I'm pretty sure I can, but can't say 100% right now. If I do end up offering a combo deal a little later on and you have already ordered a qualifying amount of foam (enough to fill the bag), I could give a corresponding discount on the bag only price. So you can order now knowing you can't still take advantage on the deal later on if it happens.

Are these going to hold the new Giants?

No of the current trays will hold the Giants, but I will be offering them a little closer to their release. They need thicker foam and I have some other trays that will also require thicker foam that I'll produce at the same time. But I have to double check that a single Giant will fit on a tray first!

Nachtschwärmer
04-07-2015, 06:55
Great!

LOOP
04-07-2015, 07:04
That will depend on if I can work out offering the bags. I'm pretty sure I can, but can't say 100% right now. If I do end up offering a combo deal a little later on and you have already ordered a qualifying amount of foam (enough to fill the bag), I could give a corresponding discount on the bag only price. So you can order now knowing you can't still take advantage on the deal later on if it happens.

That is very generous of you. You do know how to take good care of your customers :salute:

Oberst Hajj
04-07-2015, 07:49
Well, I am my own best customer! lol No really, as a player and fan of this game, I just personally want the best products at the best price and understand that you guys do too.

Gbear58
04-07-2015, 10:36
What are the try dimensions? Are they planned to fit existing transport bags or is there another idea
Enquiring minds want to know ��

Oberst Hajj
04-07-2015, 10:50
They are 7.5"x13". The standard tray size before GW and BF decided to make their trays not fit any of the other bags out there so you would have to buy there ;)

I'll add the sizes to the product description later today (thanks for pointing out the omission)

CH_Brun
04-07-2015, 11:01
Order placed! now waiting......:)

RJames
04-07-2015, 13:55
very nicely done!

Jager
04-07-2015, 14:33
Time to update my inventory :(
Karl

Maverick
04-07-2015, 16:38
Ok I put my hand up
dumb question time, from a newbie...
I guess the first tray is for WW1 single seat such as Sopwith Camel, Fokker DR1 etc?
But if I have RE8 etc as well what hangar tray should I be using for them?
I don't know if this is a 'big ask' or not....
but could a list of tray's for models be produced.. or at least types, ie twin seat / single seat etc....?
Sorry to be so fundamental in the questions,
also
Are the hangers priced differently ?~ if so what are the prices each hanger tray...
How many trays in a bag etc
Simple basic questions,
but thought I had better ask / clarify before spending the pocket money...
Thank you for your understanding
Regards
Maverick
:salute:

Oberst Hajj
04-07-2015, 18:46
Hi Simon,

Each tray on the site lists which miniatures will fit in it (just follow the link in the first post). Simply take inventory of the planes you have and then compare them to the list for each tray. Tray prices are based on thickness, with all but two of the current trays being the same price. Prices are also clearly listed on the site next to each tray.

As for how many fit into a bag, that will depend on what kind of bag you have or get. Each tray product page lists how thick the tray is. You can use that and the dimensions of the bag you have/want to get to determine how many trays will fit in it.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

FarEast
04-07-2015, 21:50
need to do a head count of the aircraft I own! :eek:

FarEast
04-07-2015, 21:56
Hi Simon,

Each tray on the site lists which miniatures will fit in it (just follow the link in the first post). Simply take inventory of the planes you have and then compare them to the list for each tray. Tray prices are based on thickness, with all but two of the current trays being the same price. Prices are also clearly listed on the site next to each tray.

As for how many fit into a bag, that will depend on what kind of bag you have or get. Each tray product page lists how thick the tray is. You can use that and the dimensions of the bag you have/want to get to determine how many trays will fit in it.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Yes when is the deadline for preorders?

LOOP
04-07-2015, 22:41
They are 7.5"x13".

For us metric-freaks...... 7,5"x13" is that aboute 19x33 cm?
1"= 2,54 cm...

Jager
04-08-2015, 01:35
One option (that I'm seriously considering) is to use hard box storage for the bulk of the collection, and tailor the trays in your bags for what you might need
for your given event. Since I'm over 500 planes, the cost in bags might be a bit high :(

April 19th.

Karl

Oberst Hajj
04-08-2015, 03:40

As Karl passed along, I'm closing the pre-order out on April 19th. I don't want this pre-order period to go on for a long time, but I needed to give you guys time to access what you need and possibly get one or two paydays under your belts.

For us metric-freaks...... 7,5"x13" is that aboute 19x33 cm?
1"= 2,54 cm...

For you metric guys (and how I wish we were too!), they are 19.05cm x 33.02cm

LOOP
04-08-2015, 03:47
For you metric guys (and how I wish we were too!), they are 19.05cm x 33.02cm

Thanks! I wasn't so far of then ;)

Archidamus
04-08-2015, 06:04
I'll try and get at my collection for a count-up this weekend and place an order :D

zenlizard
04-08-2015, 09:53
Oh, no something else to spend my money on. And ever so useful, too. Arrrrrgh.

Slexlaw
04-08-2015, 23:41
Curses. My Battle Hive case is 8.75" x 11.25" internal.

Oberst Hajj
04-09-2015, 06:50
Curses. My Battle Hive case is 8.75" x 11.25" internal.

That's too bad. I've never seen that case before. Does it only open from the top? Seems like that would make it hard to get the trays out with those hard sides.

Jager
04-09-2015, 11:48
As Karl passed along, I'm closing the pre-order out on April 19th. I don't want this pre-order period to go on for a long time, but I needed to give you guys time to access what you need and possibly get one or two paydays under your belts.

And maybe clear or credit card balances :erk:
Karl

Oberst Hajj
04-09-2015, 17:24
And maybe clear or credit card balances :erk:
Karl

In your case I'd say secure a 2nd mortgage. lol

Tokhuah
04-11-2015, 22:33
They are 7.5"x13".

Will these fit in the Sabol Army Transport - "The Motor Pool" bags? According to their website the bags fit dual 7.5"x13" trays but when I measure the trays I have they are actually closer to 7.25". Is this the norm (like 2x4's not really being a full 2" by 4")? The bags hold two trays per "level" and I own two so it would be nice to be able to put them into dual use with another miniature game I play... that shall not be named...

Oberst Hajj
04-12-2015, 05:12
Yes Scott, they will fit in the Sabol Army Transport bag. I have several of those that I have used for years with my other games. My trays measure to a true 7.5x13 and will fit perfectly into your Motor Pool bags.

Darknight
04-13-2015, 13:38
These look really nice...unfortunately, I just got a Battlefoam PACK system 2 months ago.
I think the dimensions are 39.4 cm x 30.5 cm...I'm wondering if I might be able to fit two trays per level but I think they might be about 2 cm too wide.

Oberst Hajj
04-13-2015, 19:15
These look really nice...unfortunately, I just got a Battlefoam PACK system 2 months ago.
I think the dimensions are 39.4 cm x 30.5 cm...I'm wondering if I might be able to fit two trays per level but I think they might be about 2 cm too wide.

Which PACK bag did you get? Another member has verified that two of these sized trays will fit in the PACK 720 nicely. I've ordered one (I'm hoping it gets here this week :( ) to do a double check my self.

Darknight
04-13-2015, 19:40
Which PACK bag did you get? Another member has verified that two of these sized trays will fit in the PACK 720 nicely. I've ordered one (I'm hoping it gets here this week :( ) to do a double check my self.

I got a PACK Go...its the same length/width as the 720 but only 9" deep as opposed to the 12" 720 bag.
Right now I have it packed with 2x their M-L trays and 1x their S-M tray (plus I got a 3" pluck foam tray for a barrage balloon).

If the ACE trays fit, then I'm thinking that the balloon could be stored somewhere else unless specifically being taken somewhere, which would leave room for at least 2 rows of the ACE trays (4 trays total if they do fit 2-to-a row in the PACK bag).

The only other consideration, I guess, is the shipping costs to Canada....hopefully they aren't too bad.

Diamondback
04-13-2015, 22:38
About how many trays do you need to order in a batch? I'm only good for about a dozen at a time at *best*, more likely four or eight, so... getting enough for my collection could take a while if I'm limited to 1-3 sets' worth at a time.

Jager
04-15-2015, 11:54
In your case I'd say secure a 2nd mortgage. lol

Well, I won't know until I finish the math, but here's why I'm glad you are getting these out:
(and this doesn't include my Shapeways, F-Toys or series 8 on the way :erk:)
Karl

Flying Helmut
04-15-2015, 16:22

I share your pain..................

Tokhuah
04-15-2015, 17:08
Keeping the original boxes is what makes them take up so much space. Tray storage will change your life... for the better!

Slexlaw
04-15-2015, 20:49
That's too bad. I've never seen that case before. Does it only open from the top? Seems like that would make it hard to get the trays out with those hard sides.

The case opens from the top, but the trays have a fabric tab on each side to hold onto, so you can slide them in and out easily.

Black Sheep One
04-16-2015, 12:15
I. Must. Have.

Curse getting paid every other week!

Diamondback
04-19-2015, 13:04
Looks like I'm out on this preorder. Was going to try to order enough for Series 1-3, but with three style/color combos being Insufficient Stock... maybe next batch.

LOOP
04-28-2015, 02:01

Do you have any type of timeframe when the trays will get back from production?
I know it's only been 9-10 days but ....... well...... I'm just a little impatient....:surrender:

Oberst Hajj
04-28-2015, 08:36
They have not giving me a date yet... but towards the end of May I would think. When I find out more, I'll let you guys know of course.

Diamondback
04-28-2015, 12:36
Aww, shoot. My boxes are 7.5Hx12Lx20.75W", and weren't these 7.5Wx13L? :(

Oh well, just means rethinking the containers... maybe I can "hand down" the boxes to contain my SGN organizers.

Oberst Hajj
04-28-2015, 13:56
Yes, my trays are 7.5x13 inches.

Diamondback
04-28-2015, 14:02
So much for getting off cheap... LOL Idea: ever consider offering a stiff-plastic sleeve for your trays, something you could slide on or off to hold things in if the tray needs to go vertical in a box?

Oberst Hajj
04-28-2015, 15:56
Never really thought about it, but I think production would be an issue. Something like that would require a mold to be made and then a very large production run. I don't think there would be enough demand to warrant the costs.

An extra foam bottom that a user could secure to the top of a tray might work just as well though. How it was secured would be left up to the user though.

Diamondback
04-28-2015, 16:27
Gotcha--I was just thinking a stamped sheet with overlapping ends fused together, like a slipcase for some books. The rub there is, the mandrel or jig or whatever for the stamping, and the manual labor to solder or glue it...

Jager
04-29-2015, 10:24
Looks like I'm out on this preorder. Was going to try to order enough for Series 1-3, but with three style/color combos being Insufficient Stock... maybe next batch.

:o

Diamondback
04-29-2015, 15:37
Karl, got lucky--sounds like I wasn't the only one in that boat, so Keith extended by a day or two. I'm now In, but need to figure out "outer wrappers" since my old reliable catering boxes I've used for years are an inch too narrow. Oh well, they'll still do for the empty boxes... and maybe repurpose into Sails.

LOOP
04-30-2015, 06:28
I am also thinking over bags and boxes for my trays. I even considering sewing my own design...:p
But I will have to wait until I have the trays in my hand ;)

Canestri10
05-26-2015, 14:53
Any updates on the bag? Also when will the ordering be open back up for these trays I will probably be able to place a big order in a month or so...

Oberst Hajj
05-28-2015, 05:08
The final materials showed up the other day and I'm working on getting the pre-ordered trays assembled. I'm not sure how many I'll get in the mail before I head to Origins on Wednesday, but I'll get as many out as possible.

Any updates on the bag? Also when will the ordering be open back up for these trays I will probably be able to place a big order in a month or so...

I've gotten several bags in to check out how well they work with the new trays. I can go into more detail later, but the BF PACK bags talked about above do not work :(

Trays should be available for regular ordering about mid month (After Origins and I get all he pre-orders out).

LOOP
05-28-2015, 06:53
That is some very welcome piece of news!!! :thumbsup:

Canestri10
05-28-2015, 12:04
Thankyou Keith, appreciate all your hard work

Jager
05-28-2015, 15:13
The final materials showed up the other day and I'm working on getting the pre-ordered trays assembled. I'm not sure how many I'll get in the mail before I head to Origins on Wednesday, but I'll get as many out as possible.

Keith;
Please feel free to wait on mine until after Origins. That should lessen your workload a bit ;)
Karl

Darknight
06-04-2015, 09:51
I've gotten several bags in to check out how well they work with the new trays. I can go into more detail later, but the BF PACK bags talked about above do not work :(

Uh-oh....Just a little too wide?

Oberst Hajj
06-11-2015, 04:09
Just and update for everyone. I'm still working through the pre-orders. It is taking longer to assemble each tray than I expected. You will get a shipping notice from the AA site when your order goes out. From the response at Origins (I took a couple of sample trays with me) and feedback from those that have their orders already, you guys are going really like these.

Uh-oh....Just a little too wide?

They are too long for the PACK 720. Since they are much more rigid then the old style of trays, they don't squish enough and the zippers at the top of the bag start to bind and not close. The other bag ( a PACK 300 something) is several inches to long. They would work fine in that bag if you could find some kind of filler to go on one end so that they would not slide around in there.

LOOP
06-11-2015, 04:57
They are too long for the PACK 720. Since they are much more rigid then the old style of trays, they don't squish enough and the zippers at the top of the bag start to bind and not close. The other bag ( a PACK 300 something) is several inches to long. They would work fine in that bag if you could find some kind of filler to go on one end so that they would not slide around in there.

Looks like I AM going to have to do some needlework ;)

Canestri10
06-12-2015, 03:15
Are there still other bags you are going to test? I would personally like a bag that A) fit your trays without the need for filler and B) opened all the way down the front like the 720...

Oberst Hajj
06-12-2015, 07:39
There are four bags that will meet your requirements that I have on hand. The Army Transport MkII bags will do both of these things as well as the Portable Warfare bag. Out of those two, the Army Transport is the nicer bag. Also, the Battle Foam Sword bag will also work and is a little nicer than the Army Transport bag.

The I can't recall the name of right now, but there is a newer bag on the market. It holds a lot of trays in a single stack, so it's rather tall and narrow. Construction is nice, but the design at the top is not very well thought out. It has a large curve at the top front instead of the normal sharp corner of other bags. This curve means you can't really fill it all the way full. With softer style trays like I used to make, you could smash them down and the bag would close nicely. With the ACE trays, they don't smash down so the bag can't close properly at the top. I'll try and get a photo of what I'm talking about.

LOOP
06-15-2015, 23:20
Grrrrr :mad:

I just got my Hangar trays but have allready grown out of them. :p :smack:

When are you taking new orders Keith? :pray:

Oberst Hajj
06-16-2015, 03:45
Grrrrr :mad:

I just got my Hangar trays but have allready grown out of them. :p :smack:

When are you taking new orders Keith? :pray:

Hopefully next week!

CH_Brun
06-16-2015, 17:42

Got My new trays today, testing it with my BF 720 and it works.....
Sure the trays are little (maybe 1/8") to long but I can easily close the bag

Sorry for the quality of the pictures.....

Oberst Hajj
06-16-2015, 18:06
Unfortunately you will not be able to close it all the way up with out putting a lot of stress on the zipper once it is full of trays :(

CH_Brun
06-16-2015, 19:08
I don't full with trays, at the top I keep space for plano boxes to keep tokens :)

LOOP
06-16-2015, 23:18
I got my trays yesterday and they look wonderfull. Even better than I hoped for with 2 exceptions. My DH4:s and RE8.
My DH4 fits if I press it down into the hole but I am concerned that this will eventually break the prop or tail.
Had the hole been 1,5 mm bigger or if there was a little cutaway in the front the fit would had been perfect.
The RE8 is a little harder. The wingconfiguration makes it very broadwinged but with a little cutaway in the front it will fit as well.
I love the trays :) So just consider this as a little feedback from a happy customer ;)

P-G

Oberst Hajj
06-17-2015, 03:38
I don't full with trays, at the top I keep space for plano boxes to keep tokens :)

Then you should be good to go.

I got my trays yesterday and they look wonderfull. Even better than I hoped for with 2 exceptions. My DH4:s and RE8.
My DH4 fits if I press it down into the hole but I am concerned that this will eventually break the prop or tail.
Had the hole been 1,5 mm bigger or if there was a little cutaway in the front the fit would had been perfect.
The RE8 is a little harder. The wingconfiguration makes it very broadwinged but with a little cutaway in the front it will fit as well.
I love the trays :) So just consider this as a little feedback from a happy customer ;)

P-G

The DH-4 should fit with about 1mm to spare at the front if the tail is resting against the back. It should go in and out with easy. The RE8 is a tight fit. For that one, put the tail in first and use a finger to make a bit more room at the front of the opening by pressing the foam back a little. Set the plane in the hole and let the front of the cutout go so that it close against the RE8.

If you turn the tray upside down, a DH4 should fall right out while the RE8 will be held in place.

LOOP
06-17-2015, 03:47
Maybe my tray is just a little, little tighter than usual because there are no mm to spare anywhere.
But it is really no biggie. Overall they are just super!! :thumbsup:

LOOP
06-17-2015, 03:52
I am aboute to invest in a FE2b. Will that fit into the "large 2 seater"-tray?

Oberst Hajj
06-17-2015, 07:20
Just wondering, do all of your DH.4s fit that tight in all the cutouts on that tray? Are the props aligned and attached properly? Just wondering if there could be some production discrepancies between the mini and the tray that might be causing this snug fit.

I will be making some slight adjustments to some of the trays the next time they are produced. I'll most likely add a little notch in the center of the large 2 seater tray two help out with the RE8 some. It is a balancing act though. Make the cutouts comfy for the largest plane that goes in the tray, and the smallest plane for that tray starts to bounce around too much :(

As to the FE2b, I could not tell you as I don't own one to check it. The wing span would be really close. The Breguet 14 has a 14.36m wing span and the FE2b a 14.55m span. The FE2b is about a half meter longer than the DH.4 as well. So if a little more room is needed, it would not be hard to shave some foam away with a new sharp hobby knife.

LOOP
06-17-2015, 07:32
I will do some more checking tonight :)

LOOP
06-17-2015, 22:56
So... Here the result of the Swedish jury...

I have 2 "large 2-seater" trays and my RE8 don't fit in any hole in them but with a little cutting it will.
I don't know as yet if I will widen the cut for the wings or do a little something in the front.
My 2 DH4's fit in 2 of the 10 holes. They will fit nicely with a little cutting though.

Oberst Hajj
06-18-2015, 08:29
That's really odd as my DH4s go into the cutouts without any real issues... and I checked several different trays. Here is a video (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=169236&d=1434629052)showing how they fit and at the end I show putting an RE8 in... one handed even. lol

7eat51
06-18-2015, 08:34
That's really odd as my DH4s go into the cutouts without any real issues

I think it is that gentle touch of yours.

LOOP
06-18-2015, 11:51
Or maybe I'm a coward :p

Toothless9
06-19-2015, 22:35
There are four bags that will meet your requirements that I have on hand. The Army Transport MkII bags will do both of these things as well as the Portable Warfare bag. Out of those two, the Army Transport is the nicer bag. Also, the Battle Foam Sword bag will also work and is a little nicer than the Army Transport bag.

The I can't recall the name of right now, but there is a newer bag on the market. It holds a lot of trays in a single stack, so it's rather tall and narrow. Construction is nice, but the design at the top is not very well thought out. It has a large curve at the top front instead of the normal sharp corner of other bags. This curve means you can't really fill it all the way full. With softer style trays like I used to make, you could smash them down and the bag would close nicely. With the ACE trays, they don't smash down so the bag can't close properly at the top. I'll try and get a photo of what I'm talking about.

Keith, the bag you are trying to recall is made by Games Plus Products. I think it's their flagship bag. Like the Sword and Portable Warfare Bag, it lacks a plastic skeleton to support the sides like a Battle Foam Pack series bag. It does have internal support on the top and bottom. It will hold your trays in a single stack, about 16". The material is nice, between the Portable Warfare and the Sword bag. I too now have all four bags you have mentioned. I would rank this bag #1 for its capacity, the Sword bag #2, followed by the Portable warfare and the Army Bag last. I'm am looking forward to my preorder!

Archidamus
06-22-2015, 01:25
Trays arrived this morning - literally a couple of minutes ago. Thanks Keith - now to get the collection down and start transferring them to their new home :D

Update - all the official minis (and most of the Shapeways models I have) fitted perfectly - I already knew I'd have to deal with the FE2 and the AGO separately :D. Of course, the biggest issue is I need a second bag now having got all the previously un-hangered planes sorted :eek::money:

Diamondback
06-22-2015, 17:31
Started with my trays over the weekend, within minutes of their arrival actually. Solidly built, actually my biggest challenge was getting the leverage to pull 'em out of the box. (Keith, if I'd known how much wasted space there was gonna be I'd have just asked you to hold my order until I could add another series or two's sets and saved ya a little on postage! :) )

Now it's a matter of getting a bag and finding something that'll fit into available storage space... right now, the Panera boxes that I keep my collection in will hold six trays for WGF Series 1, 2 and 3 (well, less one DH4 on the Entente box--this is why I wish Ares would stick to only two new paints per release per sculpt, 'cuz at 5 per tray I got an orphan DH4 I gotta find room for!) plus boxed minis for everything left over from Series 4 to current except the Specials, and those boxes when turned on their side fit neatly between the freezers out in my aunt's garage. Problem is, if I play Tetris to do a "flat load" the lid bulges so there's nothing to keep pegs from falling out once the box is rotated vertical for slotting into storage unless I baggie 'em first... if I do the box as a vertical-loader I gain two trays and security, but lose a lot of space presently occupied by boxed scouts and then also have a problem of needing some way to retain everything in the trays--maybe I should sketch out and design a cardboard "sleeve" like the ones my mother's rock-and-gem specimen trays used to come with. :)

Oberst Hajj
06-23-2015, 12:37
Started with my trays over the weekend, within minutes of their arrival actually. Solidly built, actually my biggest challenge was getting the leverage to pull 'em out of the box. (Keith, if I'd known how much wasted space there was gonna be I'd have just asked you to hold my order until I could add another series or two's sets and saved ya a little on postage! :) )

Yeah, my supplier is limited on box sizes that work well with the trays. I've got one that holds about 4 trays, one that holds about 9 and then the next step up in the big one that holds like 20.

Oberst Hajj
06-25-2015, 19:33
The new ACE Hangar Trays are now on the site (http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/storage/hangar-trays.html)for general order... while they last!

Diamondback
06-25-2015, 19:36
So I should try to structure my orders in blocks of 4, 9 or 20 at a time then?

Also, a suggestion: Would you consider adding some ID marking so we know at a glance which tray we're looking at before we try to stuff planes in? That was my one issue other than the "6 DH4s, 5 slots" factor. :)

LOOP
06-25-2015, 22:40
Order placed... :)

Oberst Hajj
06-26-2015, 03:40
So I should try to structure my orders in blocks of 4, 9 or 20 at a time then?

Also, a suggestion: Would you consider adding some ID marking so we know at a glance which tray we're looking at before we try to stuff planes in? That was my one issue other than the "6 DH4s, 5 slots" factor. :)

I'm not 100% on those above numbers, I was just roughing it at work that day. Just order the trays you want, when you want them and don't worry about the wasted space in the box ;)

Which trays did you have a hard time identifying?

Order placed... :)

Thank you sir!

Archidamus
06-27-2015, 01:24
I now have a new BF Sword bag - with room for more trays :D:money:

I already need two trays for large two seaters to house my FE2 & AGO (I am housing Entente and CP planes separately) - but was wondering if you plan to produce trays for the new giants when they arrive (HP 0/400 and Staaken)? and maybe for the old balloons (one of which I still have in your old-style tray).

If you are, I'll probably place an order once those are on-line rather than just fill the bag with current trays :D

Oberst Hajj
06-27-2015, 18:13
Giants will come out later this year. I do not plan on producing any balloon hangars until Ares reprints those as well.

Toothless9
07-11-2015, 21:32
Has anyone received any trays since the end of June, I'm still waiting on my preorder. Is Keith at a gaming convention?

OldGuy59
07-11-2015, 21:49
Has anyone received any trays since the end of June, I'm still waiting on my preorder. Is Keith at a gaming convention?

Dom,
I tried to redo my messed-up pre-order, and the blue tray foam bottom option was no longer available. So, Keith may have run out of that color,

Toothless9
07-11-2015, 23:40
Wow, I pre order in April. If the blue bottom is out, that would be a disappointment.

Oberst Hajj
07-12-2015, 10:42
I am out of blue and black bottoms at the moment.

There is also a size issue with one of the cutouts on the Dual Heavy Bomber, B-25 and He111 trays. I Will be having those re-cut and will of course replace any of the incorrect ones.

Wow, I pre order in April. If the blue bottom is out, that would be a disappointment.

Don, sending you a PM now...

john snelling
07-20-2015, 19:40
I have over 200 aircraft stored in many different ways and these trays are simply the best way to store them. You will not regret this buying choice.

AshDOG
07-21-2015, 05:47
Any word on when more restock of these trays will be available?

fast.git
08-13-2015, 10:02
I have over 200 aircraft stored in many different ways and these trays are simply the best way to store them. You will not regret this buying choice.

Agreed. I've got a number of several different tray types: pluck foam trays, the older Aerodrome trays, and the newer ACE ones... the ACE trays are far superior to the other options. The foam is dense, but the sides are smooth so they're easier on your models.

I will be purchasing more when Keith gets them back in stock.

Oberst Hajj
08-13-2015, 12:32
Thanks guys, I'm glad you like them. The restock foam I order should be shipping out to me on Monday, so hopefully they will be all back on the site at the end of next week or the start of the next.

Furuta
08-26-2015, 12:41
Any updates on when the hangar trays will be in stock?

50+ poor planes need a safe home. ��

Oberst Hajj
08-27-2015, 04:51
Any updates on when the hangar trays will be in stock?

50+ poor planes need a safe home. ��

Not until I return from my trip in late October :( I already have them on hand, but I will not be excepting orders for the Hangar Trays while I'm gone since I have to hand assemble them per order.

Toothless9
08-28-2015, 11:02
Any word on the Dual Bombers, B-25, and He-111 remakes?

Oberst Hajj
08-29-2015, 11:00
Yes there is! Anyone that is waiting on a replacement B-25, He111 and/or the Dual Heavy Bomber trays, your trays are being assembled today and will ship first thing on Monday. Thanks for your patience and understanding on the issues with these designs.

fast.git
08-29-2015, 11:02
Yes there is! Anyone that is waiting on a replacement B-25, He111 and/or the Dual Heavy Bomber trays, your trays are being assembled today and will ship first thing on Monday. Thanks for your patience and understanding on the issues with these designs.

Outstanding news, Keith... thank you!

Oberst Hajj
12-05-2015, 07:06
I'm now taking pre-orders (http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/storage/hangar-trays.html) for both the Zeppelin Staaken and Handley Page 0/400 giant bombers. If you place a pre-order between now and December 31st, you will same $2.00 off each tray!

Zeppelin Staaken layout
http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=182910&d=1449233308

HP 0/400 layout
http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=182909&d=1449233308

Shots of some of the other Hangar trays in the flesh to show off the material these are made from

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=160291&d=1426471868

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=160288&d=1426471863

Darknight
12-05-2015, 12:13
Awesome....pre-order placed.

Maverick
12-06-2015, 13:37
Well no guesses as to the uneducated with this question.....
but no so i am told no question is a stupid question...so here goes..:confused:

The Hanger trays are 7.5" x 13"
There fore these will not fit the current KR Multicase boxes...?
I have measured the KR inserts and the 1/2 tray inserts are 7.5" x 11.5"

So please,,,,,give me a clue...what carry cases are these intended to fit?
which one's and who from?

Thanks for the 'heads up':thankyou:

Maverick...

Oberst Hajj
12-06-2015, 17:22
Well no guesses as to the uneducated with this question.....
but no so i am told no question is a stupid question...so here goes..:confused:

The Hanger trays are 7.5" x 13"
There fore these will not fit the current KR Multicase boxes...?
I have measured the KR inserts and the 1/2 tray inserts are 7.5" x 11.5"

So please,,,,,give me a clue...what carry cases are these intended to fit?
which one's and who from?

Thanks for the 'heads up':thankyou:

Maverick...

Army Transport (http://www.saboldesigns.net/armytransport.html) by Sabol
Sword Bag (http://us.battlefoam.com/bf-sword-bag-empty/) by Battle Foam
Portable Warfare (http://www.portablewarfare.com/products/) by Blu Foam

And there are others out there. The Sword bag is the highest quality, but I think the Army Transport is the best bang for your buck. Sabol also has the most bag options that fit my trays. Those companies all offer pluck foam for the bags... but honestly, they all pale in comparison to the quality and protection my trays offer (that's the whole reason I make trays... and all of my products).

Toothless9
12-30-2015, 22:17
Does the pre-order price already reflect the $2.00 discount or will that be applied after the order is placed. I didn't see any price reduction after the order was placed.

Oberst Hajj
12-31-2015, 03:40
The listed price includes the discount already.

AshDOG
01-25-2016, 05:36
Are the HP 0/400 layout trays still for sale? I can't find them on the store website.

Oberst Hajj
01-25-2016, 15:13
I've pulled them from the site while they are being manufactured. Once I have them actually in my hands, they will go back up on the site for normal orders.

Ken at Sunrise
02-28-2016, 14:57
They have been out of the small tray (http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/storage/hangar-trays/fast-fighters-ace-hangar-tray-639.html)s for some time.

Does anyone know when they will be in?

Oberst Hajj
02-28-2016, 17:42
Any time now. They finished up production this past week, so now it's just the shipping up to me.

Oberst Hajj
03-03-2016, 17:43
The foam for these arrived today. They are still pretty waterlogged from the water jet, so they are going to need several days to dry out before I can start assembling everyone's orders. Just wanted to give you guys an update and let you know it will not be long now. Thanks for your patience.

grumpybear
03-03-2016, 18:59
Thank you sir

fast.git
03-03-2016, 19:52
The foam for these arrived today. They are still pretty waterlogged from the water jet, so they are going to need several days to dry out before I can start assembling everyone's orders. Just wanted to give you guys an update and let you know it will not be long now. Thanks for your patience.

Great news, Keith. Thanks for the update... it's most appreciated.

Ken at Sunrise
03-04-2016, 04:56
If I missed the post I apologize. Are there any plans to come out with foam storage for the two giants? Preferably one tray with both the HP and Zeppelin.

tuladin
03-19-2016, 12:57

Are they dry yet?

Oberst Hajj
03-19-2016, 15:32
If I missed the post I apologize. Are there any plans to come out with foam storage for the two giants? Preferably one tray with both the HP and Zeppelin.

Yes, there are ACE trays for both the new Giants. Once all the pre-orders ship out, I'll put them back on the site for everyone else to order them.

Are they dry yet?

For the most part. At the start of the week they were still wet, so I had to adjust some things so that at least the pre-orders would be dry for me to assemble them this weekend. So I've spent the last 3~4 hours assembling trays today. I've still got a half dozen or so to assemble, but they were not dry enough. I'll have to get them tomorrow.

I'm going to give these a day or two to bond and shipments should start rolling out of here on Monday or Wednesday.

Jager
03-21-2016, 15:51
Keith;
can you advise us which trays will fit the latest WGS planes coming out? I need to order more trays :erk:
Karl

Oberst Hajj
03-21-2016, 18:54
Keith;
can you advise us which trays will fit the latest WGS planes coming out? I need to order more trays :erk:
Karl

As soon as I have some in hand to test out, I'll post here and update the product pages.

Jager
03-22-2016, 12:33
As soon as I have some in hand to test out, I'll post here and update the product pages.

Thanks; I put in my pre-order in yesterday :money::money::money::money::money::money:

Karl

tuladin
03-28-2016, 18:46
The Giants hangar trays arrived today (I had pre-ordered them in December). Very solid, very clean, perfect fit, beautiful work!

And the were absolutely dry!:D

Oberst Hajj
03-29-2016, 06:18
The Giants hangar trays arrived today (I had pre-ordered them in December). Very solid, very clean, perfect fit, beautiful work!

And the were absolutely dry!:D

Thanks Larry, I'm glad you are happy with them. Kind of beefy aren't they!

Ken at Sunrise
03-29-2016, 07:41
Are there trays for the Giants? I haven't seen them.

tuladin
03-29-2016, 13:14
Are there trays for the Giants? I haven't seen them.

If you read this thread starting at post #99 you'll get the whole story. Briefly, in December the Aerodrome offered them for pre-order, the pre-order period ended at the end of the month, last week they sent out the pre-orders, and soon they will be back up for regular sale on the Aerodrome site.

And yes, they are quite beefy.

Ken at Sunrise
03-30-2016, 09:31
I'll look for them.

Thanks,

Oberst Hajj
04-06-2016, 19:56
All ACE Hangar Trays have been restocked and the Giants are now up on the site as well. For those that do Sails, the Dry Docks are up too.

Canestri10
04-06-2016, 21:02
All ACE Hangar Trays have been restocked and the Giants are now up on the site as well. For those that do Sails, the Dry Docks are up too.

Keith when will the Giants themselves be available for purchase?

Ken at Sunrise
04-07-2016, 05:32
This look great.

Are the Giant's trays the same dimensions as the Hanger trays 7.5" x 13"

Oberst Hajj
04-07-2016, 07:14
Keith when will the Giants themselves be available for purchase?

I'll be adding a few to the site tonight ;)

This look great.

Are the Giant's trays the same dimensions as the Hanger trays 7.5" x 13"

Yes they are... but much deeper of course.

tuladin
04-07-2016, 12:23
Yes they are... but much deeper of course.

And beefier.;)

Canestri10
04-07-2016, 17:55
I'll be adding a few to the site tonight ;).

Sitting here refreshing the drome store page every 15 minutes haha. Gimme some Giants!

Anyone got any tips on buying either the Blue or Green Staaken? What are the main differences? Is the blue one a night bomber?

I'm definitely getting the 0/400 with red engines as it is a very nice looking bird and pops out more on the table.

Oberst Hajj
04-07-2016, 19:01
Sitting here refreshing the drome store page every 15 minutes haha. Gimme some Giants!

They are up on the site... but quantities are limited.

Ken at Sunrise
04-13-2016, 17:14
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Keith "Oberst Hajj"? I tried to purchase about 12-14 hanger trays but couldn't get the order to go through. I PM'd him a few times and that doesn't seem to be working. Now several items I had on order are no longer available.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oberst Hajj
04-13-2016, 20:45
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Keith "Oberst Hajj"? I tried to purchase about 12-14 hanger trays but couldn't get the order to go through. I PM'd him a few times and that doesn't seem to be working. Now several items I had on order are no longer available.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Ken, sorry but I've just not had the time to sit and try to sort this out for you. I'll PM you here in a few.

Ken at Sunrise
04-14-2016, 05:01
Hi Ken, sorry but I've just not had the time to sit and try to sort this out for you. I'll PM you here in a few.

Awesome thank you. ;)

Ken at Sunrise
04-28-2016, 09:07
I was looking as several options. When I was going over the options, my wife liked these since the planes, maneuver decks and flight stands stay together.

I received my Hanger Trays and have to say I love them.

Two planes are a bit too tight for me. The Airco DH.4 is very tight. Makes me concerned about taking it in and out. Also it looks like it may stick up just a bit. I tried flipping it upside down but that was worse as the wheels poked out much higher. The other is the Fokker Eindecker III. They fit but the wings are wider than the slots. I don't want to force them but if the cutouts were just 1mm on each side that would do it. Most likely the same for the DH.4 but length wise. Other wise they fit everything else perfectly. I bought a couple extras, just in case. Of course my wife looked at me and smiled saying 'so you're getting more planes?'

Well if balloons come out of course. Can't wait.

Oberst Hajj
04-28-2016, 16:53
I was looking as several options. When I was going over the options, my wife liked these since the planes, maneuver decks and flight stands stay together.

I received my Hanger Trays and have to say I love them.

Two planes are a bit too tight for me. The Airco DH.4 is very tight. Makes me concerned about taking it in and out. Also it looks like it may stick up just a bit. I tried flipping it upside down but that was worse as the wheels poked out much higher. The other is the Fokker Eindecker III. They fit but the wings are wider than the slots. I don't want to force them but if the cutouts were just 1mm on each side that would do it. Most likely the same for the DH.4 but length wise. Other wise they fit everything else perfectly. I bought a couple extras, just in case. Of course my wife looked at me and smiled saying 'so you're getting more planes?'

Well if balloons come out of course. Can't wait.

Glad you like them Ken.

The DH.4 should be a near perfect fit. Two of mine have about 1mm free space in front of them and the other just touches in the front. None of them protrude from the top of the foam. The E.IIIs are a tight fit in the wings, but I did not what the cut out too loose for other planes. When taking them in and out, try slightly bending the tray on the long edge and it should open the cutout enough to make taking them in and out much easier.

Ken at Sunrise
04-29-2016, 05:27
Glad you like them Ken.

The DH.4 should be a near perfect fit. Two of mine have about 1mm free space in front of them and the other just touches in the front. None of them protrude from the top of the foam. The E.IIIs are a tight fit in the wings, but I did not what the cut out too loose for other planes. When taking them in and out, try slightly bending the tray on the long edge and it should open the cutout enough to make taking them in and out much easier.

They are really great.

My DH.4 is definitely tight. I do pull back the foam to get it in and out but it is very snug so one has to be careful to be sure or the upper wing will snap off. As for the height it is right on the edge. If you look closely the upper wing is right on/over of the edge. Should matter, but I'm concerned about transport that the paint doesn't get worn off. The E.III are not nearly as tight as the DH.4 but one needs to be careful there too. It's just the wing tips. I've thought of notching the propeller of the DH4 and the tips of the E.IIIs. I hate doing that but may be best.

Otherwise this is fantastic. I keep everything together, decks and planes. I also got the Ground Crew ACE Hangar Tray and have all of my cards, A, B, C and D damage decks; Pilot Careers and Abilities; the other ability decks; the plastic smoke and flame; and even the AA, bomb cards, trench, etc... I have everything in trays except the counters.

Now I think I should have gotten another one for those. Too bad I didn't think of this before I ordered.

Oberst Hajj
04-29-2016, 06:13
Your DH.4s should not be that snug... something is off here. One thing you might try doing is to break loose the adhesive just at the front of the DH.4 cutouts and see if you can push it out just a little and reset it. You might be able to gain the little bit of space you need here. But just to verify, you do have your DH.4s in the Large Two Seater trays correct?

Ken at Sunrise
04-29-2016, 07:26
Your DH.4s should not be that snug... something is off here. One thing you might try doing is to break loose the adhesive just at the front of the DH.4 cutouts and see if you can push it out just a little and reset it. You might be able to gain the little bit of space you need here. But just to verify, you do have your DH.4s in the Large Two Seater trays correct?

Yep, they are in there with my Bristol and Hanover CL.IIIa.

Jager
05-01-2016, 06:17
A different question: has anyone tried to label the sides of these trays yet. I was thinking about label paper, but I don't know if it will stay.
Karl'

Oberst Hajj
05-01-2016, 06:34
A different question: has anyone tried to label the sides of these trays yet. I was thinking about label paper, but I don't know if it will stay.
Karl'

I don't think it will stick Karl, but I have both here and will try it for you.

Oberst Hajj
05-01-2016, 07:07
Humm, at least initially, the label adheres pretty well. I thought it would just curl right off, but I actually had to pick at it to get it to lift a little bit. We'll need to see how it does long term though.

CH_Brun
05-01-2016, 16:06
Do you know witch tray will fit with the series 9 planes?

Oberst Hajj
05-01-2016, 18:52
Do you know witch tray will fit with the series 9 planes?

Sorry, I can't confirm anything until I have the new minis in hand.

Jager
05-04-2016, 07:42
Humm, at least initially, the label adheres pretty well. I thought it would just curl right off, but I actually had to pick at it to get it to lift a little bit. We'll need to see how it does long term though.

Thanks Keith.
My plan is to store the bulk of my collection in clear tubs (see: Hanger Tray Storage Option (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?24049-Hanger-tray-storage-option) )
and load up what I need for each game day/week. This will make the organization job easier....I pray! :pray:

Karl

Mudman2001
06-12-2016, 19:57
Has anyone tried them with the Game Plus bags from MM? It says that the tray dimensions are 7.5" x 13".

Toothless9
06-13-2016, 00:03
Has anyone tried them with the Game Plus bags from MM? It says that the tray dimensions are 7.5" x 13".

Yes, they will fit. I have four of these bags with the trays.

Mudman2001
06-13-2016, 06:02
Yes, they will fit. I have four of these bags with the trays.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Toothless9
06-13-2016, 07:40
The trays are so sturdy, the bag does not have to have a plastic skeleton for support like a Battle Foam or the original hangar bag.

Mudman2001
06-13-2016, 08:15
I was more worried about the fit, they had one of the bags on sale. I didn't want to buy it just to find out the trays wouldn't fit.

Toothless9
06-13-2016, 11:07
I bought three on sale a couple of months ago. At 18" tall, they will hold quite a bit of foam. Leave about 1/2" of room at the top if you don't want to stress the zipper. There is a gentle curve at the front of the bag. With these tray, the rigidity will come from the tray. If you want toppers, you can goe them from Battlefoam. They also have this tray size for their economy line. It will fit their Sword bag.

Ken at Sunrise
06-13-2016, 12:13
Hopefully I haven't already said this but I used the Ziploc Weathertight Storage Trays. You can put lie two trays down and stack fairly high. Much less expensive than backpacks, and weather proof, plus I put the rules, such along the sides.

Toothless9
06-13-2016, 13:00
Which model ziploc weather tight storage tray are you using?

Ken at Sunrise
06-13-2016, 13:40
I would have to check which one exactly but I think this is one of them:
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/721949/Ziploc-Weathertight-Storage-Box-44-Qt/

They make different ones. This larger one (if it is the right one) can take about 2 stacks of 10+" of foam each. There is a shorter one that is just under 6". One of each and you have over 27" of foam storage and room for rules and such. The rules, I printed scenarios and put them in a little binder, the thing for your plane's maneuvers and damage, other cardboard and plastic goodies and I have plenty of room for balloons when they come out. Plus I hope to get at least a few planes with rockets and no need for additional boxes.

I have my plano for damage decks, tokens and litko stuff. It too fits right in the box. Since it isn't as tight as backpacks but still not terribly loose everything fits fine. I wouldn't turn it upside down though.

Ken at Sunrise
06-13-2016, 13:42
P.S.
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/581915/Ziploc-Weathertight-Storage-Box-265-Quart/

They stack well too.

Jager
06-26-2016, 15:20
OK, here's what I found today about WGS series 6 and AA trays:
The Thunderbolt and the Bf-109K use the Fast Fighter tray (of course). The Karl is a bit loose, but you need the poker-sized cards slots for the maneuver deck.
Both the Judy and the Dauntless fit in the Small 2-seater tray.

Karl

Canestri10
06-26-2016, 15:35
Thanks for the info Karl

Ken at Sunrise
09-08-2016, 14:07
I've been away for a bit so I may have missed it. The new WWI planes. Do they fit in existing Hanger Trays? If you can, can you update the descriptions in the store.

Of course if I missed the announcement please forgive and simply point me to it.

Thank you,

Oberst Hajj
09-08-2016, 16:10
I've been away for a bit so I may have missed it. The new WWI planes. Do they fit in existing Hanger Trays? If you can, can you update the descriptions in the store.

Of course if I missed the announcement please forgive and simply point me to it.

Thank you,

Nope you did not miss it, I've just not got around to checking them. But, you post prompted me to do so....

Both the Sopwith and Albatros minis have to go in the Large 2 Seater tray. The Sopwith is a loose, but still safe. The Albatros is snug because the prop and the rear wing tips slightly touch the edges.

The Nieuport fits in the Fighter and the Phönix is a snug fit in the Large Fighter. It's wing tips touch the edge, but not so much as to harm it. The Phönix will also fit in the 2 Seater tray. I think it fits better in the 2 Seater tray, but I'll probably keep mine with the Larger Fighters.
I'm off to update the product descriptions now.

zenlizard
09-08-2016, 17:26
I missed out on getting the standard size two-seater trays (got a couple of large 2-steater trays instead). But I did measure the Sopwith vs the Roland C-II. Seems like if the Roland would fit in the standard 2-seater tray, so should the Sopwith. Is there another issue, aside from size here?

Oberst Hajj
09-09-2016, 05:32
I missed out on getting the standard size two-seater trays (got a couple of large 2-steater trays instead). But I did measure the Sopwith vs the Roland C-II. Seems like if the Roland would fit in the standard 2-seater tray, so should the Sopwith. Is there another issue, aside from size here?

It's the width Sopwith's wings from front to back. From the leading edge of the top wing to the trailing edge of the bottom wing, the Sopwith is 2~3mm wider then the Roland. You can physically make the Sopwith fit into the standard Two Seater tray, but it will not actually sit into the cutout. The tail has to be pushed down in there first and then the wings have to pressed down until they are wedged into the wing openings. Doing this means it is supported only by the tail and wedged in wings... the landing gear do not touch at all.

They would probably be safe like this, but I'm not sure how years of rubbing the wings on the foam would effect either the leading edge paint or the cutout of the tray.

zenlizard
09-09-2016, 06:38
Oh, of course...cord and stagger. Should have thought of that. Thanks for the clarification.

CH_Brun
11-03-2016, 15:40
Does a new batch is scheduled?

Oberst Hajj
11-03-2016, 16:24
Does a new batch is scheduled?

Yes, sometime in December they should be restocked.

Boreas
11-04-2016, 01:35
Yes, sometime in December they should be restocked.

HUzzah!

Oberst Hajj
12-27-2016, 06:19
Some of the trays are now back in stock. I'm still waiting for the manufacture to cut my last order of tray tops.

zenlizard
12-27-2016, 10:23
WooHoo! Thanks for the update, Herr Oberst.

Bobby D
12-27-2016, 14:00
Hoping to get some hanger trays for my Handley Page and Stakken. They are still showing 'Out of Stock'. Soon Come?:pray:

Oberst Hajj
02-03-2017, 16:06
Just an update, the trays are still in production at the factory :( I sent them some new designs (for a different game) and they have had some issues with the files. So that has held up the whole order.

zenlizard
02-04-2017, 11:54
Ah, well, these things do happen.

Oberst Hajj
02-24-2017, 09:28
All ACE Hangar Trays are back instock (http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/storage/hangar-trays.html)!

zenlizard
02-24-2017, 12:37
Woo, and also Hoo!

Jager
02-24-2017, 15:07
Now if I only had some cash! :(
Karl

Stumptonian
02-25-2017, 10:42
Woo and Hoo and Order Placed
:thumbsup:

Bobby D
02-25-2017, 16:17
Woo and Hoo and Order Placed

Ditto! Thanks, Keith!

surfimp
04-20-2017, 07:33
One thing I didn't see on any of the hangar tray product pages: the size of the trays themselves?

I know they're mostly 1.25" thick, but the length and width dimensions are a mystery to me.

I have standardized on the Battlefoam large tray (12" x 15.5") for all my storage boxes, but have need to purchase more WoG foam. Was hoping to finally get some now that they are in stock at the same time as I need some storage.

EDIT: I dug around more in the various threads and found an old post that indicates they are (probably?) 7.5" x 13". Is that correct?

EDIT EDIT: Has anyone tried these in Battlefoam Stacker Boxes? I measured mine and it appears to be 13.5" x 16" or so on the inside, so hopefully just enough to fit two of these trays side-by-side. Would be very nice, as I've already got a number of those boxes and despite their offensive price, they're quite nice to use.

Oberst Hajj
04-21-2017, 08:11
One thing I didn't see on any of the hangar tray product pages: the size of the trays themselves?

I know they're mostly 1.25" thick, but the length and width dimensions are a mystery to me.

I have standardized on the Battlefoam large tray (12" x 15.5") for all my storage boxes, but have need to purchase more WoG foam. Was hoping to finally get some now that they are in stock at the same time as I need some storage.

EDIT: I dug around more in the various threads and found an old post that indicates they are (probably?) 7.5" x 13". Is that correct?

EDIT EDIT: Has anyone tried these in Battlefoam Stacker Boxes? I measured mine and it appears to be 13.5" x 16" or so on the inside, so hopefully just enough to fit two of these trays side-by-side. Would be very nice, as I've already got a number of those boxes and despite their offensive price, they're quite nice to use.

Hi Steve,

My trays are indeed 13x7.5 inches. Do you have the large or medium Stacker Boxes?

surfimp
04-21-2017, 08:58
Hi Steve,

My trays are indeed 13x7.5 inches. Do you have the large or medium Stacker Boxes?

The large ones (http://us.battlefoam.com/battle-foam-large-stacker-box-empty/). I'm thinking I'll order some of your trays and see if they fit! :)

I have "designed" a custom tray layout (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=2460) that works nice for the Battlefoam large trays and holds 10 planes with their cards, but Battlefoam is asking $31 for each one - ouch!!

I can get almost 3 of your trays for that money, with much better foam and a much nicer person/company to deal with.

Thanks sir!

Oberst Hajj
04-21-2017, 09:12
The large ones (http://us.battlefoam.com/battle-foam-large-stacker-box-empty/). I'm thinking I'll order some of your trays and see if they fit! :)

I have a custom tray layout that works nice for the Battlefoam large trays and holds 10 planes with their cards, but Battlefoam is asking $31 for each one - ouch!!

I can get almost 3 of your trays for that money, with much better foam and a much nicer person/company to deal with.

Thanks sir!

With just about everyone of my products, I tried other companies first and decided that their quality to price ratio was not as good as I could make my self... so I started making them my self. This applies to the foam trays as well. Battlefoam has some nice (if expensive) bags, but their trays are no better than the average tray out there and they are way to expensive.

Based on your measurements above, it looks like you will have .5" left on the long side and 1" left on the double stacked side. If you think you need or want them, I have blank trays that are 1" thick and two of the tray bottoms would make up the .5". We can work out a price for those extras if you decide you want to go that route.

surfimp
04-25-2017, 10:14
Based on your measurements above, it looks like you will have .5" left on the long side and 1" left on the double stacked side. If you think you need or want them, I have blank trays that are 1" thick and two of the tray bottoms would make up the .5". We can work out a price for those extras if you decide you want to go that route.

Sadly I just re-measured and the bottom of the stacker boxes is only 12.5" across (by about 16" long). So it looks like it won't work out after all (surely to Battlefoam's delight).

Is there a current recommendation for a side-by-side bag or stackable/packable box for your trays?

Ken at Sunrise
04-25-2017, 10:36
Sadly I just re-measured and the bottom of the stacker boxes is only 12.5" across (by about 16" long). So it looks like it won't work out after all (surely to Battlefoam's delight).

Is there a current recommendation for a side-by-side bag or stackable/packable box for your trays?

I have two 44 Qt Ziploc® Weathertight Storage Boxs (http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/721949/Ziploc-Weathertight-Storage-Box-44-Qt/). I can fit double stacked trays. It isn't terribly snug which is great since I use the extra room for the rules, player boards, etc... That even leaves room for a Plano box which I keeps my damage decks, tokens, Litko AA guns, etc. Really with my collection I only needed one box but, oops, I got a little carried away. So now I keep my balloons, giants and heavy bombers in a separate box. I had a custom tray made at Battle Foam that will hold four balloons so if/when Ares releases balloons I have room. :D so really the second box has plenty of room. If you needed them snug I'm sure you can work something out with Keith but the only need is if you turn them upside down, which I try not to do. They don't really jostle around.

P.S. I should have said that I use Keith's Aerodrome hanger trays in the Ziploc container so we're on the same page. :)

P.P.S. Old age must be setting in. I didn't realize I said the same thing a few posts up. Sorry for the double post.

Oberst Hajj
04-25-2017, 15:43

The only side-by-side bag that I know of is the Army Transport line.

Setarius
09-27-2017, 08:24
Keith,
Any idea on when you will be getting more trays in. It shows you are out of fighter trays and I'm think about ordering more Spitfire MK1 and Hurricane MK1 for repaints.
I'll be putting these in Game plus bags so your trays should fit.

shigleym
01-01-2018, 18:57
Keith: I am also waiting with baited breath for your next batch of trays. Are you still making them? At a minimum, I'll be looking for a fighter, large fighter, two-seater, large two-seater, O/400 and Zeppelin Staaken trays. If you sell accompanying bags, I'd be interested in that as well.

Oberst Hajj
01-02-2018, 04:38
Yes, I'm still making these and they should be fully restocked soon. I'm just waiting on the different colored bottoms to come in. I've added what I have (no blacks, a few blues, and several reds and lots of yellows) to the site, so if you just need a few of certain colors, you should be able to get those now. As soon as the colored bottoms come in, I'll update this thread.

Guntruck
01-02-2018, 06:19
Will you be restocking Stuka bases any time soon?

shigleym
01-02-2018, 08:28
Great! I've placed an order! The color of the base is not all that important to me, I just don't want to break a plane while placing/removing it from it's box. I'm also hoping that this will enable me to store all my stuff in a manageable space. Thanks!

Oberst Hajj
01-02-2018, 15:26
Will you be restocking Stuka bases any time soon?

I'll try and get some of those this weekend.

Setarius
01-02-2018, 19:21
Base color doesn't matter to me either, I currently have a pink Game Plus bag empty for my odd planes.

Oberst Hajj
01-08-2018, 15:53
Red, Blue and Black tray bottoms restocked!

BwanaJoe
01-16-2018, 11:40
For those of you who have the trays, whose bags are you using and which version of the bag? Thanks.

Ken at Sunrise
01-16-2018, 11:48
44 Qt. Ziploc Weather Shield Storage Box in Clear (https://www.homedepot.com/p/IRIS-44-Qt-Ziploc-Weather-Shield-Storage-Box-in-Clear-394009/300735803?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-VF-PLA-D59%7c&gclid=CjwKCAiA4vbSBRBNEiwAMorER30-0CcBcZpRbnfYjjb9sMIupKdGlD-N7Zj8laUtDcLJk90Ag5GUVBoCl18QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CN6k7Zud3dgCFRmxTwodPWcHWg)

P.S. actually I have two. One just for my giants and balloons (with room left over), the other has all of my planes and a plano of tokens.

BwanaJoe
01-16-2018, 11:58
Thanks. Never thought of the tote. I was thinking Sabol or Battlefoam type of stuff. How many can you fit in there Ken? Side-by-side and top to bottom?

Ken at Sunrise
01-16-2018, 12:24
Around 65 planes (not giants or balloons) plus rules, maneuvers boards (10), printed booklet of player aids (from here), printed booklet of scenarios and good matchups. Plano box (full of tokens, damage/target/bombing cards, flame and fire plastic), another tray of damage/target/bombing cards and skill from aerodrome, and two printed landing strips all fit in one box.

I can check tonight if you want.

P.S. I was going to go with a bag for the trays, but with the number of planes I ended up with that would have been multiple bags, so I opted for the totes. I do use Battle Foam for my X-Wing stuff.

BwanaJoe
01-16-2018, 12:44
Oops, I hadn’t read ALL of the posts. I see above you said two stacks of 10+ inches of foam. Think I’ll order one.

Ken at Sunrise
01-16-2018, 13:14
Oops, I hadn’t read ALL of the posts. I see above you said two stacks of 10+ inches of foam. Think I’ll order one.

Just so you know, the giants and balloons do fit, they are just in another box.

Also I use the Aerodrome trays. I like them; bBut something to note. Not everyone keeps each maneuver deck and base with each plane. If you just keep enough maneuver decks and generic bases for what you play, you might save a lot of space using different trays; ones that are just for planes.

Me I use the Aerodrome trays and keep the maneuver cards and most relevant skills with each plane and pilot. Since they are together you can simple grab a plane, it's deck, base and pegs without looking in different places. But, as I said, storing the cards and bases that way uses up about half of your storage space that you could have used for more planes. Other people may want to share their thoughts on this.

Atharil
02-08-2018, 00:53
Just got my order, and am very happy with the trays! Thanks, Herr Oberst :)
Ordered trays for all of my bombers and am very impressed with the sturdy design and good overall quality.

driph
10-17-2019, 03:25
Love the tray designs! Will the out of stock trays be making a return?

I was planning to cut my own trays to fill the pair of T&T boxes I’ve got, but your designs look great and will save a ton of trial and error time fitting planes to slots!

Any thoughts on tripod storage?

Oberst Hajj
10-17-2019, 03:40
Love the tray designs! Will the out of stock trays be making a return?

I was planning to cut my own trays to fill the pair of T&T boxes I’ve got, but your designs look great and will save a ton of trial and error time fitting planes to slots!

Any thoughts on tripod storage?

Yes, I'll be restocking the other tray designs. I will also be working on some trays for the tripods. With the manufacturing process on the trays, I would imagine it will be sometime in Nov or Dec when I finally get them in.

Ken at Sunrise
10-18-2019, 16:13
Yes, I'll be restocking the other tray designs. I will also be working on some trays for the tripods. With the manufacturing process on the trays, I would imagine it will be sometime in Nov or Dec when I finally get them in.

These trays sound interesting. I wonder will the trays will fit in the T&T game box. I'm saving up and waiting for a few other releases to place the order for everything.

KiltedWolf
11-29-2019, 19:03
Looking forward to the tripod trays!

Any chance of trays for BSG?

Cheers!

Oberst Hajj
11-29-2019, 19:42
Looking forward to the tripod trays!

Any chance of trays for BSG?

Cheers!

I'll have to design some up for both games for an early 2020 production run. I also need to decide how to do the tripod trays... the Mk. IV is really tall!

KiltedWolf
11-29-2019, 19:54
I'll have to design some up for both games for an early 2020 production run. I also need to decide how to do the tripod trays... the Mk. IV is really tall!

Outstanding! It would be great to have all my Ares minis in your foam. (Ok, that may sound weird...)

Cheers!

Oberst Hajj
02-23-2020, 06:32
The ACE Hangar Trays are on on Pre-Order on the AA site (https://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/product/ace-hangar-tray-top). Place your pre-order before March 8th and save $1 per tray!

JediSmurf
02-23-2020, 09:06
Great! My whole collection so far is WGS. There are some planes that aren’t listed specifically and I want to be able to put yhem in trays too:

Yokosuka D4Y3 and D4Y1
B-25s (I have 2: is it one or two to a B-25 tray?)
B-17G bit of lace and Avro Dambuster (are these heavy bombers for the trays?)

Does the color of the bottoms matter? Do people color code?

Oberst Hajj
02-23-2020, 09:52
Great! My whole collection so far is WGS. There are some planes that aren’t listed specifically and I want to be able to put yhem in trays too:

Yokosuka D4Y3 and D4Y1
B-25s (I have 2: is it one or two to a B-25 tray?)
B-17G bit of lace and Avro Dambuster (are these heavy bombers for the trays?)

Does the color of the bottoms matter? Do people color code?

Large fighter for the Yokosuka (I just updated the description on the site to include that one, thanks)
Two B-25s per tray (He-111 is the same)
Yes, the B-17 and Lanc use the heavy bomber tray. One mini per tray.

The colors do not matter from a function stand point. I personally put Allies in blue trays and Axis in red trays. That just makes it easier for me to find things in my bag.

JediSmurf
02-26-2020, 13:56
Thanks! That’s very helpful. If I’m sleeving movement cards, is there enough allowance to use the spaces provided in the hangars? If not, is there a planes only option? I’m sold on the concept.

driph
07-02-2020, 01:37
Heya Keith, when will the WGF and T&T trays be returning to the store?

camelbeagle
07-02-2020, 05:29
These trays are nice. What size of storage box does everyone use?

Ken at Sunrise
07-02-2020, 07:45
I keep my tripods in the big game box. I'd like to find pluck foam, or something nicer, for that. The box is plenty tall enough and with the Tripods out of their individual boxes there's more than enough room. and I have two plus of each tripod.

driph
07-02-2020, 10:53

There are a handful of different bags designed to hold 7in x 13.5in gaming miniature trays. I have yet to settle on one, but the Army Transport Mark II, the Sword Bag, and the Portable Warfare bag are a few that I've seen mentioned here so far.

Oberst Hajj
07-02-2020, 16:44
Heya Keith, when will the WGF and T&T trays be returning to the store?

I'm expecting an update from the foam factory either Tuesday or Wednesday.

I keep my tripods in the big game box. I'd like to find pluck foam, or something nicer, for that. The box is plenty tall enough and with the Tripods out of their individual boxes there's more than enough room. and I have two plus of each tripod.

I had some T&T trays designed and offered them for pre-sale, but no one ordered any :(

driph did a good job covering the size and what bags will fit these trays.

Stumptonian
07-02-2020, 17:38
Great - I will be ordering 2 or 3.
There is no Order Button - can you update this thread when they are available for order?

driph
07-03-2020, 00:01
I'm expecting an update from the foam factory either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Looking forward to it!

I had some T&T trays designed and offered them for pre-sale, but no one ordered any :(

Oh no! I was hoping to order a T&T tray along with the rest of em, but I didn't want to preorder as I hadn't decided on a storage solution at the time. Does this mean the T&T trays were scrapped, or are you still going to stock a few?

Ken at Sunrise
07-07-2020, 05:43
[...] I had some T&T trays designed and offered them for pre-sale, but no one ordered any :(

Your trays fit the T&T box? If they fit my tripod count I'm sorry I missed that. :cry:

Oberst Hajj
07-07-2020, 15:10
Great - I will be ordering 2 or 3.
There is no Order Button - can you update this thread when they are available for order?

The pre-order period is over and since I do not have any in stock right now, I'm not taking order for them. It messes up my inventory levels and I can't risk over selling these as they take so long for me to get them.

Looking forward to it!

Oh no! I was hoping to order a T&T tray along with the rest of em, but I didn't want to preorder as I hadn't decided on a storage solution at the time. Does this mean the T&T trays were scrapped, or are you still going to stock a few?

I did not have any produced in this round of manufacturing. The profit margins on the trays is really low and I can't afford to be sitting on trays that are not going to sell. I might be able to add a few to the order if they have not finished it up yet. I was expecting a call from them today, but it never came. I'll try contacting them again tomorrow to see what's up.

Your trays fit the T&T box? If they fit my tripod count I'm sorry I missed that. :cry:

No, my trays were designed to fit the standard 7.5"x13" bags like all the rest of my trays.

driph
07-07-2020, 23:23
I did not have any produced in this round of manufacturing. The profit margins on the trays is really low and I can't afford to be sitting on trays that are not going to sell. I might be able to add a few to the order if they have not finished it up yet. I was expecting a call from them today, but it never came. I'll try contacting them again tomorrow to see what's up.

Thanks for the update! If you're able to get the T&T trays produced, I'm in for one, but totally understand if not.

Ken at Sunrise
07-10-2020, 05:20
No, my trays were designed to fit the standard 7.5"x13" bags like all the rest of my trays.

Okay thanks. Let me know if you do have one from the T&T box. It is plenty big enough to hold several.

driph
08-10-2020, 13:15
Keith, any new tray news from the manufacturer?

Oberst Hajj
08-11-2020, 09:41
Keith, any new tray news from the manufacturer?

I just exchanged some emails with them. They are finally running at full speed and are trying to catch up on their back log of orders. Some of the trays are schedule to be cut in the next week or so, but a few of the new designs need some tweaks. I'll keep this thread updated as I find things out.

Thanks to everyone for hanging in there with me on these pre-orders.

Mike Wyant
08-27-2020, 10:07
I will definitely be ordering some of these once production gets caught up!

camelbeagle
08-28-2020, 05:30
Agreed! I think I may buy quite a few!

Diamondback
09-20-2020, 17:38
I need to check how many of these I need before next time, then run down the checklist to see how many I'm short of each. Herr Oberst, do you still have records from the old AA store back in '15?

Oberst Hajj
09-25-2020, 08:08
I need to check how many of these I need before next time, then run down the checklist to see how many I'm short of each. Herr Oberst, do you still have records from the old AA store back in '15?

Sorry, I don't :(

camelbeagle
09-25-2020, 08:12
Any update. Would love to get some of these!

Diamondback
09-25-2020, 13:29
Sorry, I don't :(
Found it in old email, thanks. Working what I got then against a full set now to figure out the catch-up...

Oberst Hajj
10-13-2020, 04:49
The Hangar trays are now back on the site for normal ordering.

Stumptonian
10-17-2020, 16:45
Order placed - thanks.
:sAprvd:

camelbeagle
10-17-2020, 22:04
Has anyone used the Ace Trays with KR, feldherr, or Battlefoam boxes. I would like to get some, but I am having issues finding storage boxes to put them in. I don't want any gamer bags. I would like some type of stackable box that can "Store" my minis in.

Diamondback
10-17-2020, 22:25
Has anyone used the Ace Trays with KR, feldherr, or Battlefoam boxes. I would like to get some, but I am having issues finding storage boxes to put them in. I don't want any gamer bags. I would like some type of stackable box that can "Store" my minis in.

Check out scrapbooking cases. This one looks like it might be good for 4 trays:
https://www.michaels.com/scrapbook-case-by-recollections-/10158883.html

This box which I used in my War at Sea days for storing my Horde Fleets might hold 8-10 in 2 stacks:
https://www.joann.com/artbin-double-deep-with-removable-dividers/1492669.html

camelbeagle
10-17-2020, 23:07
Diamondback, thanks! I will check those out.

On the drop down selection. For the Caproni, Gotha, Handley, and Staaken. The drop down doesn't match the product description on the product page. There is dual heavy and dual medium. But the item descriptions says only 1 handley or staaken per tray. Just want to make sure I order the right thing.

Thanks!!!

Von Scharf
10-18-2020, 15:51
Review of airplane storage trays from Aerodrome Accessories

If you ever wondered about the ACE Hanger Tray storage system available on the Aerodrome Accessories site, then this review is for you.

Let’s start with the basics. Each storage trays is 7.5" wide by 13" long. They consist of the tray, made from high density foam with cutouts for your stuff, mated to a bottom that comes in a variety of colors. Be sure to read and follow the ordering instructions. This is the voice of experience. Deviation will result in Herr Oberst having to engage you in at least one email clarification and a delay to your order. I’m a bad man.

The tray height depends on the type/size of plane being stored. No “one size fits all” here. As the planes get larger and taller, so do the trays. I can attest that the tray height is exactly as tall as it needs to be. Maximum density of planes per tray and minimum stack height were obviously design goals for this storage system.

The majority of the trays hold six airplanes each - plus their flight stands, maneuver decks, and even flight pegs if you so desire. They will accommodate Keith’s custom flight stands with altitude dials attached. Each tray is designed to hold the same size of aircraft, with sizes ranging from small fighters to large double seaters and even the full gamut of giant bombers. As the size of the aircraft increases, the trays hold a lesser number of aircraft. Captain Obvious… alive and well.

There is an exhaustive list of which aircraft fit into each size of tray. Read it and plan your order to match your needs. I found that every plane in my collection fit as advertised.

Ok, so what makes these storage trays special? After all, there are cheaper storage systems out there. I hear you. Hey…Von Scharf… I’m like Donna Summer– she works hard for the money.

Here’s why these trays are worth it:

1) The high density foam
It holds its shape and doesn’t compress much. Precision cut, top shelf protection. Dare I say frickin’ laser cut? Well I don’t actually know how he makes them, I just know that I wish I had this stuff in my Pelican weapon and photography cases. No Pick N Pluck approximations need apply. I bet you could sit on a stack of these trays and not break a plane. Let’s try it – at Tim’s house with some of his planes. He’ll never miss them if I’m wrong. ROAD TRIP!

2) Stackability
Because the foam has grip and doesn’t compress much, these things stack like <insert non-PC simile here>. Once stacked, they act as one. Much like an F1 car at Hockenheimring, you have to make a dumb move to overwhelm the grip. Which means they are fantastic for loading into a soft side carrying case, such as those made by Battle Foam, Feldherr and KR Multicase, etc. Or just put them in a plastic tote. You don’t need tops, because the bottom of one tray acts as the top for the one beneath it.

3) Color coding
Are your eyes getting any younger? Rhetorical. Looking into a black bag, inside a bunch of grey foam… blindly groping around. It’s like prom night up in there. Sorry, I’m a bad man. Herr Oberst allows colored tray bottoms for your organizational pleasure. Entente planes in blue? Central Powers in red? Not saying I did… just saying you could.

There is my review. I have 13 of these trays now, and I’ve discarded other storage methods. Keith set out to make the best storage trays, and I think he has. Buy these and put your empty boxes in the plastic tote up in the attic. Some pics:

A troupe of tripes:

A flock of Fokkers:

A pandemonium of Pflazes:

Did I mention they really stack?

Stumptonian
10-18-2020, 19:31
Nicely done, Jeff.
I stick with black so I can mix and match as necessary.
Got 10 trays in 4 different sizes on the way to store my BoB Spitfires and Me109s, my Merit Dauntless and Devastator flights, and a few other 'homeless' stragglers.

Oberst Hajj
10-18-2020, 20:02
1) The high density foam
It holds its shape and doesn’t compress much. Precision cut, top shelf protection. Dare I say frickin’ laser cut? Well I don’t actually know how he makes them, I just know that I wish I had this stuff in my Pelican weapon and photography cases. No Pick N Pluck approximations need apply. I bet you could sit on a stack of these trays and not break a plane. Let’s try it – at Tim’s house with some of his planes. He’ll never miss them if I’m wrong. ROAD TRIP!

Thanks for the nice review Jeff. As a matter of fact, you can sit on a single or multiple trays and not damage the planes inside. I've tested it up to 150lb :thumbsup:

Dan-Sam
10-19-2020, 00:21
I can confirm Keith is right - there were even repaints inside:

Flying Helmut
10-19-2020, 03:15
I bet you could sit on a stack of these trays and not break a plane. Let’s try it – at Tim’s house with some of his planes. He’ll never miss them if I’m wrong. ROAD TRIP!

A flock of Fokkers:

Jeff.............

once again..............

:smack:

I see you managed to acquire some Jasta 18 repaints after all - I'm happy for you; just sorry I couldn't oblige personally.

I've got a stack of Hangar Trays in transit at the moment, to house my BSG minis.
Your review has certainly fired up my anticipation for their arrival.

Von Scharf
10-19-2020, 09:28

THAT makes my heart race and my palms sweaty! The Great Hajj sitting on part of his collection! I've seen what he carries in that bag. I need to breathe into a paper sack for a bit....

Von Scharf
10-19-2020, 09:49
I see you managed to acquire some Jasta 18 repaints after all - I'm happy for you; just sorry I couldn't oblige personally.

Thank you, sir. The Jasta 18's are part of my Great Artists of the Aerodrome collection. I have some pieces by TeaTicket and Oberst Hajj in my collection. Still don't have one from you... though you could help me fix that! ;) Sell me a repaint and help fund some more Ace Hanger trays! Private Message proposals accepted 24x7.

Enjoy your BSG trays.

Oberst Hajj
10-19-2020, 15:37

LOL, I remember you about having a hart attack when I set on my bag full of planes for that photo! And so that other know, that bag has no support other than the trays inside. I can also sit on a single tray without damaging the planes inside it.

Dan-Sam
10-19-2020, 22:45
There are some things you do not want to see, even when they tell you it is safe :p :D And good you tested by yourself and did not ask me about it ;)

I remember also your previous experiment with a drill, also quite interesting.

Gemmas Brother
10-20-2020, 04:01
Diamondback, thanks! I will check those out.

On the drop down selection. For the Caproni, Gotha, Handley, and Staaken. The drop down doesn't match the product description on the product page. There is dual heavy and dual medium. But the item descriptions says only 1 handley or staaken per tray. Just want to make sure I order the right thing.

Thanks!!!

Camelbeagle did you get a reply on your question? As I was wondering the same thing.

driph
10-20-2020, 12:29
LOL, I remember you about having a hart attack when I set on my bag full of planes for that photo! And so that other know, that bag has no support other than the trays inside. I can also sit on a single tray without damaging the planes inside it.

Hah, I don't think I've ever seen a better sale pitch for miniature trays.

Diamondback
10-20-2020, 21:36
Perchance, are there trays for the Ju88 and Do17 in development?

JediSmurf
10-30-2020, 16:06
Can you confirm that my order is still active in your records and will be processed? I was part of the spring preorder.

Oberst Hajj
10-30-2020, 19:39
Can you confirm that my order is still active in your records and will be processed? I was part of the spring preorder.

Hi Will, I've been trying to email you about your order but never got a reply and I did not know what your username was on here. I'm going to shoot you a PM about it now.

JediSmurf
12-07-2020, 21:31
Very happy with the trays so far.

Just one issue: The Beaufighter and the Bf-110 absolutely don't fit in the Large 2-seater tray for a couple of reasons. First, the twin propeller engines take up too much horizontal space for the space near the nose of the plane. If the foam were cut to accommodate the propellers, we'd be good: the rest of the plane fits. Second, those planes also use larger bases, like the fast fighters, so that part doesn't fit in the small card spaces.

They do fit into the B-25 tray, however, and the larger bases fit into that tray as well. So if I ordered another B-25 tray, I'd be ok, but I'm stuck right now not being able to move the Beaufighter and Bf. 100 into trays.

Let me know if I'm mistaken here. If I'm right, it might be good to change the recommended hanger tray for those two planes.

driph
07-09-2021, 12:26
Will there be new stock of the WWI trays?

(and additionally, I'm in for tripod trays if you end up with a few!)

Brak Morn
07-10-2021, 13:30
.......I was wondering the same myself. Keith? Any chance of WWI restock?

Flying_Corpse
09-14-2021, 16:07
Hi All

I understand Aerodrome Accessories is no longer trading but I'm very keen to pick up 1-2 "sold out" Solo Play Templates (https://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/product/solo-play-template) as I'm playing the majority of my games solo at the moment. Does anybody know where I can pick up at least 1, but up to 2, examples? I've searched on Google but Aerodrome Accessories appears to be the only place you could get them. I appreciate I can make my own zone marker but I'm very keen on this transparent product.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Cheers

Rhys

OldGuy59
09-15-2021, 07:48
I started with, and continue to use, printed paper cut-outs. I then glued the paper to bristol board. (Or hard card stock).

I shamelessly adapted the template for Battlestar Galactica.

Flying_Corpse
09-16-2021, 03:50
Thanks Mike. I’ve “hacked” a 12-zone marker from an original six-zone marker template to use with the WoG Solo System app but agree using the Battlestar Galactica template achieves the same outcome much more neatly! If I can’t source a transparent Solo Play Template/s I’ll probably borrow your idea for a more robust, semi-permanent 12-zone marker.

Cheers

Rhys

flash
09-17-2021, 02:27
Richard simplified his 12 zone template to a six zone for WGF but he kept the WW2 template as 12 zone if that helps any Rhys. Been using paper & card version about 10 years now.
https://herkybird.tynesidewargames.co.uk/download/wowtemplateWW2.pdf