PDA

View Full Version : What the forum is worth

Khargor
09-22-2010, 13:51
Don't know if any of you have seen this but there's a company that values websites and this one is on it:

http://biznut.co.uk/www.wingsofwar.org

gregbond77
09-22-2010, 15:38
Don't know if any of you have seen this but there's a company that values websites and this one is on it:

Interesting, I wonder if Keith has to declare this on his income tax?:eek:

CappyTom
09-22-2010, 18:12
Impressive WoW

Oberst Hajj
09-22-2010, 19:25
Jackpot baby!!!!! No, I don't have to claim it, it is not income until sell it and actually make the money. Not that that is ever going to happen. Lol

Flying Officer Kyte
09-23-2010, 01:29
Good publicity though col.
Rob.

gregbond77
09-23-2010, 14:43
Jackpot baby!!!!! No, I don't have to claim it, it is not income until sell it and actually make the money. Not that that is ever going to happen. Lol

So can we expect advertisements soon? Good site for Reviresco and Skytrex, plus any form of Alcohol.:D

KiltedWolf
09-23-2010, 17:42
<hand comes up from behind bar>

I vote for Dalwhinnie as our first advertiser of distinction!

Slainte!

kaufschtick
09-23-2010, 21:49

Wow, pretty slick.

I think this site is a testament to what the game Wings of War has tapped into.

As a kid growing up in central Ohio, I have had the good fortune to live my life close to the world largest military avialtion museum in the world, that being what I've always simply called the Air Force Museum, but what is now officially called The National Museum of the United States Air Force.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

I was bitten by the "thrill of flight" at an early age. Man taking to the air has shaped the world ever since the Wright Brothers and all those other early pioneers made flight a reality.

To look at the progression of mans achievements in the air is just astonishing, and it's all very recent and rapid in terms of history.

Wings of War has captured that early time period where mans ability to fly really started to make a huge impact as far as shaping human history and events.

The WWII period is just mind boggling when you stop and think about how that time period has shaped the world today, and of all the events that took place then in doing so.

Wings of War allows people, with all sorts of different interests and backgrounds, to have a kind of window with which to fire the imagination and spur the desire to learn more about the men and machines of that time.

WWII saw the birth of the jet age, and ultimately the space age. So, in terms of just purely history, each chapter of aviation is a unique stepping stone to the next.

For myself and my children, space flight and man having been to the moon has always been a given. So many things happened in such a rapid succession of time from the end of WWI; to man landing on the moon; to the leaps and bounds aviation made in conjunction with the advancement of computer technology through the end of the cold war; and on into the conflicts of the the 90's and present times with stealth, that I think for a lot of people, there just hasn't been time to reflect on the past history of aviation. The future was happening so fast that people just haven't had an opportunity to take a look at the path travelled.

That path is loaded with amazing events and achievements in both human history aviation history.

Wings of War opens a door for anyone with an interest in the WWI and WWII periods, and I think there is a huge market out there for this as a game. There is an appeal for gamers, history buffs, aviation buffs, hobbyist, modelers and collectors.

This game has something for a lot of people, and this is the best site I've seen for the game.

Ed2
09-23-2010, 23:02
Interesting, I wonder if Keith has to declare this on his income tax?:eek:

Just made a small pay pal donation. With all the work Keith puts into this site,
I don't care if he buys a beer with it.

kaufschtick
09-23-2010, 23:13
Just made a small pay pal donation. With all the work Keith puts into this site,

I'll second that thought, although it's always better to buy the drinks in person, raise a toast to the fallen who never made it home, and tip suds in good company.

Flying Officer Kyte
09-23-2010, 23:27
I'll second that thought, although it's always better to buy the drinks in person, raise a toast to the fallen who never made it home, and tip suds in good company.
Here here, and what better company can we have than this one and the ghosts of those we seek to honour, by our interest in the period.
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
09-23-2010, 23:53

Thanks for the donation, but no worries, I don't drink beer!

kaufschtick
09-24-2010, 00:10
Here here, and what better company can we have than this one and the ghosts of those we seek to honour, by our interest in the period.
Rob.

I agree, bottoms up.

Ed2
09-24-2010, 00:43
Do you guys ever sleep???

Oberst Hajj
09-24-2010, 03:18
Nope. If I did that, this site would be a lot less done than it is.

Goering Ace
09-24-2010, 07:20
Pretty cool. Now if we can just get them to add a few more zeros . . .