PDA

View Full Version : Top Down Ship art

Charlie3
09-21-2010, 09:55
Hey! I am working on a scenerio project for the DoW side. I need some artwork for PT style boats for Germany, Japan, and Great Britian ( I have the US one already) I would also like a basic fishing trawler. I haven't had time to do an extencive search, and was wondering if anyone could help.:)

Pooh
09-21-2010, 10:37
If all you need is line drawings, often times generic sources such as Jane's Fighting Ships or Conways have top and side views. Also looking up the specific ship type on Wiki could help.

Pooh

swarbs
09-21-2010, 11:30
There are also line-drawings at theblueprints.com, which is a pretty decent web-site. If you're looking for art I'm not sure where to point you.

Oberst Hajj
09-21-2010, 21:59
If you can give me exact ship names, I can search through all the Osprey book's artwork online for you.

Guntruck
09-22-2010, 04:17
This any use?

AlgyLacey
09-22-2010, 08:08
This any use?

E boat?

Charlie3
09-22-2010, 15:43
This any use?Very Nice! I take it this is a German E Boat?? If you can find more like this it would save me some color work. My PT boat does'nt look as good as your illistration. Did you do that yourself or find it somewhere? Thank you :D

Charlie3
09-22-2010, 15:53
If you can give me exact ship names, I can search through all the Osprey book's artwork online for you.Sorry I don't know what the Japaneese called theirs, or what the allies called them. I am also no sure what Great Britian used, my Naval history is lacking I'm afraid. I know the basics but not much in the way of specifics:(

Guntruck
09-22-2010, 16:12
E boat?

Yep. The file name is a bit of a giveaway :D

It's one of the later S-Boats with an armoured bridge. It came from a part-work called War Machine about 20-odd years ago. Sadly it's the only top-down view they did.

Guntruck
09-23-2010, 00:44
Charlie,

Is this type of line drawing any use? If so I can let you have several German S-Boats and possibly a few others. You'll have to clean them up by removing the centre line

Charlie3
09-23-2010, 10:06
Charlie,

Is this type of line drawing any use? If so I can let you have several German S-Boats and possibly a few others. You'll have to clean them up by removing the centre line

Yes those will work great, I should be able to clean them up and color them without too much trouble. I really only need one of each nationality so that players can adjust the game to match whatever theater of the war and combatants they are playing.

Guntruck
09-23-2010, 12:28
Charlie,

Look here:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=270

No Japanese I'm afraid.

Charlie3
09-23-2010, 21:04
Charlie,

Look here:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=270

No Japanese I'm afraid.I knew if I asked someone would pull a rabbit out of a hat:D
Thanks for the work!! As far as the Japanese boats I seem to remember them being called a shore boat in a movie ( from the deepest darkest reaches of his shallow mind:rolleyes:) but I still have had no real luck looking this up. I may just use a German E boat of a different kind and call it good.;)

Padi
11-10-2010, 00:53
Here, you have some ships. I hope that you will find something useful.

http://www.mo-na-ko.net/lode-monografie.htm