PDA

View Full Version : Bf110 Question

DAKorps
01-30-2015, 05:34
I am a Wings of War WWII player and have just got a Wings Of Glory Bf110, I have down loaded the Wings of Glory Rules and can not see any rules for twin engine Aircraft

I have some rules questions

1 What happens when a Bf110 gets its first engine hit?

2 What happens if both engines have one hit?

3 What happens if one engine is knocking out by fire?

Can any one enlighten me

Thanks

Gotham Resident
01-31-2015, 14:37
Hi DA, I don't have my 110 yet, it arrives Monday I think.

But I saw this thread., but I think the new rules address it. I still have to get the new accessory pack with them in it.
http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?11749-Multi-engine-rules-help

DAKorps
01-31-2015, 15:16
Thanks Gotham

I had the same sort of dirty rules just glad that I am the only one who could not find the rule

Marechallannes
02-01-2015, 05:39
I'm afraid, the link above is not helpfull, because it's a houserule, Ian. :surrender:

For a Bf.110 one engine hit does not affect anything.
A second engine hit slows the Bf.110 to slow speed only.
The third one finishes the flight - let the plane crash down.

3 What happens if one engine is knocking out by fire?

Fire has no effect on engines.
You simply are not allowed to plan/fly straight maneuvers (maneuvers with a blue straight arrows on it).

For twin/multi engined planes you can use a special set of tokes form the new Rules & Accesoire Pack. Your plane get the engine hit, you choose a token that shows you a value from 1 - 2 and you suffer that much engine damges for your plane. Means that a second engine hit can shot down a twin engined plane, too.

To spend the money for a WGS Rules & Acessoire Pack would be the best decision. The rule book on the Ares Games homepage is not actual.

DAKorps
02-03-2015, 12:32
Thanks for your help

Boney10
02-09-2015, 00:53
A bit late, but here goes.
1. After first engine hit,you can't choose fast speed option anymore.
2. Both engines gone, down you go, you removed from game
3. Fire in one engine then you can't fly straight until it's out unless you doing overdrive, I think you can still do this Manouvre in WW2, I'll check

Just re- checked my rules book.

1. first engine hit, no effect
2. Two engines then you can't use fast speed, third engine hit and down you go
3. Fire is standard rules, no straight Manouvre unless it's part of overdrive

Marechallannes
02-17-2015, 05:38
Fire has still no influence on the engine. ;)

No rulebook at the hand at the moment, but I'm shure, that multi-engine planes in WGS are excluded from the "no straight maneuver when on fire" rule.

Found it:

Page 32 of the WGS rulebook: ...multi-engine airplanes can still plan straight maneuvers when on fire.

twr
05-05-2015, 00:22
I didn't realise there were differences between the original Wings of War (WWII) version and the Wings of Glory pack that can be downloaded.

In the original rule book I don't believe there are any restrictions preventing the playing or planning of straight manoeuvres. What is this restriction supposed to represent?

Boney10
05-05-2015, 05:03
Yep Marchellannes is correct, twin engine, or multi engine can still plan straight moves.

Keith, with single engine aircraft, you cannot plan a straight Manouvre when on fire, I believe this is to simulate the pilot jinking trying to put out the fire

Boney10
05-05-2015, 05:08
Keith there are a few minor differences between the old WoW and WGS rules.
Fire being one, another being two smokes active on the same plane turns into a fire