PDA

View Full Version : Altitude Stands

Yenwing
01-21-2015, 16:03
Will the Altitude Stands work with all WW2 bases? does it just fit over the base? Does anybody have any pictures of them being useds?

http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/altitude-stand.html
Thank you

Oberst Hajj
01-21-2015, 16:10
Yes, they will work with both WGF and WGS. They were designed to sit next to the player, but they will fit over the official bases. But if you are going that route, you might as well go with the full flgiht stands instead. Not only is everything built in, but they are much easier to pick up then the official bases.

Yenwing
01-21-2015, 16:16
Yes, they will work with both WGF and WGS. They were designed to sit next to the player, but they will fit over the official bases. But if you are going that route, you might as well go with the full flgiht stands instead. Not only is everything built in, but they are much easier to pick up then the official bases.
Ok, that makes sense. I was getting confused, which happens a lot more lately with a 4yr old running around :)

Flying Officer Kyte
01-22-2015, 01:21
You can see some full bases over the official ones here Rodney.
The one on the right with the black dial is the old style base so don't take any notice of that.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=152126&d=1417425257

Rob.

Yenwing
01-23-2015, 07:14
You can see some full bases over the official ones here Rodney.
The one on the right with the black dial is the old style base so don't take any notice of that.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=152126&d=1417425257

Rob.
Thanks for the pictures Rob.

Flying Officer Kyte
01-23-2015, 11:07
No problem Rodney.
I hope they were of some help to you.
Rob.

Yenwing
01-23-2015, 11:12
Next question, where are the flight stands on AA? The only ones I can find on AA are the plane specific ones.

Flying Officer Kyte
01-23-2015, 11:26
Next question, where are the flight stands on AA? The only ones I can find on AA are the plane specific ones.

Look here Rodney.

http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/flight-stands/ww.html

The top two are generic for most WW1 and two aircraft.
Rob.

Yenwing
01-23-2015, 11:33
Look here Rodney.

http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/flight-stands/ww.html

The top two are generic for most WW1 and two aircraft.
Rob.
I see that now. I didn't even look in the WWI area. Thanks for the help

Flying Officer Kyte
01-23-2015, 11:44
My pleasure.
Rob.

guthroth
04-06-2015, 01:44
Where can I buy these in the UK ?

Oberst Hajj
04-06-2015, 03:43
Hello Peter,

I do not have a UK distributor, but I'm sure the other UK members will chime in that more shipping is quite reasonable and almost never any customs fees.

Boney10
04-06-2015, 04:08
Where can I buy these in the UK ?

Hi Pete, we can't get these in the UK. You can get ones like, from Figures in Comfort and these are the Litko flight stands.
However for this method you would need to buy a pack of bases, a pack of flight pegs, a pack of conversion toppers to fit WoG aircraft and a pack of altitude markers.
Personally I prefer the AA bases which came with all you need, except for the pegs, if you go with this it also helps to have a small rubber gromet to keep all in place, you can get these off ebay.
I have a number of the Obersts bases and have found that if you keep the number below 10 then customs normally let them through. If ordering just bases use the large packet shipping option and it is reasonable and doesn't ad too much extra to the base cost.
They look prettier in my opinion too

guthroth
04-06-2015, 05:49
Sorry, but I seriously object to the way our govt scams us for this sort of thing so I simply will not buy from outside the EU.

Risk or cost is irreleveant, it is an objectionable tax I will not pay.

As a person from a country founded on the back of not wanting to pay unjust taxes I am sure you agree.

Oberst Hajj
04-06-2015, 06:11
I can relate, but then, I'd have issues with letting my govt. suppress what I bought and how I bought it. lol And of course there is the the part about if you buy within the EU, you are going to pay VAT tax. Ordering via the AA store and you aremost likely not have to pay any taxes ;) So not paying any import duties or VAT is really sticking it to them with a Win-Win. :guns:

guthroth
04-06-2015, 06:29
VAT is now unavoidable, but non-EU imports can attract duty and a handling charge which is added to the declared value of the goods before VAT is added.

The situation is potentially made much worse with sales from the US because there is sometimes an inability on the part of some sellers to distinguish between the invoice price (which will include postage) and the value of the goods.

The govt taxes my earnings, my savings interest, my pensions interest, my pension income and virtually all the goods I purchase and I refuse to contribute any more than I have to in order to live. That excludes my hobby.

Sorry, no EU outlet, no sales. :(

Marechallannes
04-06-2015, 06:42
If you ever want to try a test run, Peter - choose Aerodrome Acessoires.

Best service, fiar shipping cost and a great service to Germany.

I read about the extra tax, Royal Mail is able to demand for non EU sendings that reach the Island. 8 GBP, if I remember correct.

Maybe you askt the UK Wing Commander for his experiences with Keith's service.

I think with TTIP the EU get rid of all those problems. (...if the UK is still part of the EU when TTIP becomes valid)

guthroth
04-06-2015, 07:13
Off topic, but it would have been nice to be asked if we wanted to join the EU.

All I ever wanted was a Common Market .....

flash
04-06-2015, 08:30
... non-EU imports can attract duty and a handling charge ...

They can Peter but they don't always ... seriously, you need to try AA :slysmile:

Boney10
04-06-2015, 12:34
Fair do Pete if that's the way you feel.
I also only voted for a Common Market not EU membership.
So then your option is Red Eagle miniatures who do a flight base similar to WOG or Litko from Figures in Comfort.
Red Eagle is the old Skytrex Range

guthroth
04-06-2015, 13:26
Yeah, once I decide what I want from Shapeways (apart from an Avro 504)

I'll be at Salute, so I might pre-order what I want FiC

Xen
04-27-2015, 16:46
You know, I bought these years ago, but haven't actually managed to really use them. I mean I've used them, but the other players were like 'nah lets just leave altitude out for this game' (again...)
I still don't know the 'feel' of how they work, I wonder has anyone made a video of them in use? to show a bit of the flow and potential tactics altitude creates? I know its an ongoing constant topic. Maybe a video of some people using altitude well and with good accessories would help demystify it?