PDA

View Full Version : What Allied planes to add?

Wolfbiter
09-14-2010, 15:15
Greetings all,

I wonder if I could ask some vets for a few suggestions. Wings of War has been a success with my family and friends (yay). :D So I've decided to pick up a few more planes so more people can play.

I lucked out and found an additional Fokker Dr.I (Rahn) at my FLGS, and ordered Schafer's D.VII for my wife because she really liked the colors. (The fact that it is an awesome plane will not help her opponents at all!).

When Series 4 comes out, I plan to get a Rumpler C.IV for recon and bombing missions.

But it seems to me that leaves the Allies outgunned! So I feel I should look at getting some more Allied planes to balance out the sides.

Now, the Breguet and SE5a from Series 4 seemed like good choices. But any suggestions for a third? I'd love another Spad or Camel, but how about the other Allied planes available. Thoughts?

Coog
09-14-2010, 15:41
The Snipe is the best Allied plane in the game. It was only used the last three months of the war and does not seem to have the popularity of older and more widely used aircraft such as the SPAD or Camel, particularly with players interested in historical accuracy.

Oberst Hajj
09-14-2010, 17:22
I'd say the Snipe to balance out the D.VII or the DH.4 to give the allies a hard hitting 2 seater... double A damage guns can hurt!

Wolfbiter
09-14-2010, 20:54
Thanks!

I ordered a Snipe (Ryrie), Se5a (Boudwin) and Breguet (Duke) to round out our Allied squadron.

For my Jasta, we have the Albatros D.Va (Udet), 2 Fokker Dr. Is (Richtofen and Rahn), Fokker D.VII (Schafer) and I ordered a Rumpler C.IV for recon missions.

Desaix
09-15-2010, 00:19
Se5a is by far the best allies plane...
Spad XVIII are very strong and you should get one if you don't have any as they are very different to play...

Wolfbiter
09-15-2010, 08:11
Se5a is by far the best allies plane...
Spad XVIII are very strong and you should get one if you don't have any as they are very different to play...

Thanks! I do have a Spad...I think it's quite cool. :)

VonHope
09-17-2010, 07:02
The Se.5a is by far the best airplane.