PDA

View Full Version : Solo play with Burning Drachens

stevenh
09-08-2010, 22:02
I've been thinking about buying WOW: Burning Drachens, mainly because the game calls for 1-2 players. Is it really possible to play this game by yourself. Since I don't have anyone close by who plays WOW, this would be an opportunity for me to get some time in to the game.

What do you folks think?

IRM
09-08-2010, 22:22
The single player scenarios in BD are just one or two planes attacking a balloon or ground target with no enemy aircraft present. There's rules for using ground fire if you're playing solo (or would usually have a third player control the ground units).

You can play WoW solo, with some workarounds.

I've got solo campaign rules in the files section which include a simple system for handling enemy aircraft (basically a set of guidelines for picking targets and general movement, and a set of cards used for generating evasive moves for enemy aircraft in certain situations).

Dutchy
09-09-2010, 07:04
I started with Watch Your Back and then added Burning Drachens. If I were to start over I would begin with the delux set since it comes with four planes (two for each side) and all the maneuver cards for those planes. I would then download the solo campaign rules and have at it. I have played a months worth of the solo campaign and find that it is a lot of fun. The rules allow for dogfights, balloon missions, airfield attacks, trench attacks and more. Dutchy

Aero825
09-09-2010, 09:26
I've seen those solo missions but I've never bothered to play them. In my opinion, playing WOW by yourself would be boring, but thats just me. I like to have some kills under my belt after I've won:D. That's all for now!

Hunter