PDA

View Full Version : What's happend to the Rep power?

Guntruck
09-08-2010, 06:12
Yesterday I have a reputation of 6, now it's back to 1. What's going on???

Oberst Hajj
09-08-2010, 06:29
Just more changes in the works to make the site a little better. The way the points are calculated was adjusted.

gregbond77
09-08-2010, 15:15

Mine is still a 9, thanks to your wingman, Rob. Somehow I find this quite ironic.:D

Guntruck
09-09-2010, 04:20
Mine is still a 9, thanks to your wingman, Rob. Somehow I find this quite ironic.:D

:D:D:D:D:D

It's not what you know.....

Goering Ace
09-09-2010, 06:58
How do you even check the number of your reputation? :confused:

Scott

Wait, I think I found it. Not even sure how I found it or exactely where in the site I was when I found it, but I did. :)

Flying Officer Kyte
09-09-2010, 10:38
How do you even check the number of your reputation? :confused:

Scott

Wait, I think I found it. Not even sure how I found it or exactely where in the site I was when I found it, but I did. :)

Just go to the Home page and there it is.
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
09-09-2010, 15:01
There is also a Rep tab in your profile with all the details.

Goering Ace
09-09-2010, 15:30
OK. I'm confused (again). What is the difference between Rep Power and the Reputation tab on my home page. My rep power is 1 but when I click the reputation tab it says I have 22 points. :confused:

Scott

Oberst Hajj
09-09-2010, 23:26
Rep Power: This is the amount of reputation points you give to someone.
Rep Tab: This shows you what reputation points you have received from other members, their comments, the date and post you got the reputation points for.

Guntruck
09-10-2010, 01:06
Rep Power: This is the amount of reputation points you give to someone.
Rep Tab: This shows you what reputation points you have received from other members, their comments, the date and post you got the reputation points for.

So if 6 people have given you a point each, it should show as 6 on the rep power on your user CP?

Oberst Hajj
09-10-2010, 01:41
Yes, if their rep Power is 1. As an Admin, I have more Rep power and there are ways that normal members can increase their rep Power as well. The system also has means to keep people from giving Rep Points to the same other person over and over.

Guntruck
09-10-2010, 03:47
Yes, if their rep Power is 1. As an Admin, I have more Rep power and there are ways that normal members can increase their rep Power as well. The system also has means to keep people from giving Rep Points to the same other person over and over.

So, ignoring the duplicates that Rob has given me, I should have a rep power of 4 n'est ce pas? - one from Kyte, one from NeilCford, one from LGKR, and one from your good self (thanks by the way).

Oberst Hajj
09-10-2010, 04:15
Well, it's a little hard to work out. The duplicates from Rob would still give you points, and his and mine I know give quite a bit more then a point each (a lot more before I made the tweaks two days ago). Also, over time people's Rep power can go up, so some of the ones from Rob could have been more then another one from him.

The Rep system is pretty complex and factors a lot of things in.

AlgyLacey
09-10-2010, 04:58

As my old Ma kept telling my sister - "Once your reputation's gone - it's gone" ;)

Oberst Hajj
09-10-2010, 05:02
So if 6 people have given you a point each, it should show as 6 on the rep power on your user CP?

You know, I just reread your post and I answered it wrong. If 6 people each give you a point each, your Rep Points would be 6 and show up on the profile tab. Your Rep Power is controlled by your activities here on the site... other members do not really effect that number.

Guntruck
09-10-2010, 08:34
I think I've just lost the will to live :(

Oberst Hajj
09-10-2010, 08:37
???

Flying Officer Kyte
09-10-2010, 10:54
I think I've just lost the will to live :(

I've had that feeling when dealing with Reps myself.:D
Rob.

Coog
09-10-2010, 12:32
Maybe this is the attitude Steve needs to take?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RAQXg0IdfI

Guntruck
09-10-2010, 12:50
Maybe this is the attitude Steve needs to take?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RAQXg0IdfI

Works for me Bobby! I'm old enough to have seen her on tour :D:D:D

There again, I do have this as one of my ringtones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdDl7MSFYuQ&feature=related

Attila57
09-10-2010, 13:04
“Reputation is an idle and most false imposition; oft got without merit, and lost without deserving.”
-William Shakespeare Quotes

... but a reputaion of three was so nice! :D:D:D

Attilio

Coog
09-10-2010, 13:19
Maybe we could get "Bad Reputation" points. Keep alive the tradition of pilots like Mannock, Luke, or Boyington. Maybe even create a "Black Sheep" squadron....or would a "Flying Penguins" squadron be more appropriate.

Oberst Hajj
09-10-2010, 15:26
Oh, you can give out bad Rep as well if you do not like what someone says in a post. As the CO, I would warn everyone to be very careful about dinging someone for no good reason though. If you thought Guntruck had to peel a lot of potatoes, think again.

Coog
09-10-2010, 17:55
Oh, you can give out bad Rep as well if you do not like what someone says in a post. As the CO, I would warn everyone to be very careful about dinging someone for no good reason though. If you thought Guntruck had to peel a lot of potatoes, think again.

My apologies to Guntruck and others if I came across that I was dinging him. My intention was to find some humor in the Rep thing, not ding anyone, and any misunderstanding is my fault for not presenting things better.

Oberst Hajj
09-10-2010, 20:21
Oh, no worries Bobby. I did not think you were dinging anyone at all... was just a warning to anyone that might think to do so with out reason is all.

It's all good!

Flying Officer Kyte
09-11-2010, 00:16
Maybe we could get "Bad Reputation" points. Keep alive the tradition of pilots like Mannock, Luke, or Boyington. Maybe even create a "Black Sheep" squadron....or would a "Flying Penguins" squadron be more appropriate.

Yes, and you can leave our penguins out of it. They fly all their missions in the Officers club.:D As for Black Sheep, baa.
Rob.

Attila57
09-11-2010, 11:07
No problem Bobby! :)

Guntruck
09-11-2010, 15:47
No worries Bobby, I didn't take it that you were dinging me ;)

All part of the banter here.

Anav
09-23-2010, 22:55
I dont have a reputation tab!

Flying Officer Kyte
09-23-2010, 23:08
What is far more important, is do you have a bar tab.;)
Rob.

Anav
09-23-2010, 23:35
I learned a long time to pay has I go!

Oberst Hajj
09-23-2010, 23:54

Look around in your Options and such via the User CP up top... I'm sure you just have the setting turned off. Or you have not received any Rep yet.