PDA

View Full Version : TC WOW League

Mac
09-08-2010, 01:47
Missed founding member Charlie but gained a new one. We now have two Jeff's, two Don's and Two Johns.
Only got two missions in last night. Fighter on fighter, with a Albatros DVa and a Triplane against two Camels. Late Arrivals took another Camel and a D7. After much furious action the D7 was the last plane standing. I decided to skidaddle after getting mauled in my DVa with 13 points.
Mission two saw some bombers returning from action and a chance meeting with minimal fighters showing up. In the end the bombers made it home. . .the fighters did not.

LGKR
09-08-2010, 05:01
I really miss shooting Charlie down. Hopefully he'll be back on day shift soon.

Charlie3
09-08-2010, 05:56
Sorry you blokes MISSED me! Guess I will have to paint a bigger target on my @$% for you. Never fear I am improving my flying skills and am looking forward to finding you both in my sights again.

thyme71
09-12-2010, 11:22
Was glad to join and will be there every week I can in the future. Current mini's stock is 2 Sopwith Camels, 1 Sopwith Snipe, 2 DV's, 2 DH4's, and 2 RE8's. Got 2 Fokker triplanes, a Spad XIII, and a DVII in the mail hopefully arriving tuesday afternoon.
Had fun last tuesday. Helped bag the the triplane with my Camel, and downed the DVII in a tense turning battle. The bomber battle was fun too. Didn't fear the rear guns.

thyme71
09-12-2010, 11:24
. After much furious action the D7 was the last plane standing.

Correction on that, British High Command confirmed the D7 plowed into Flanders fields under the guns of the Sopwith Camel.

thyme71
09-12-2010, 11:40
Late Arrivals took another Camel and a D7. After much furious action the D7 was the last plane standing. I decided to skidaddle after getting mauled in my DVa with 13 points.

Correction on the last plane standing. British Command that the D7 was shot down over Flanders fields with the Sopwith flying away victorious. Was good to join and I will be there every week. Was fun :)

Jeff

Mac
09-13-2010, 10:30
Ahem, er, ah, Fog of war and all that sir.
As I am anything but High Command, I defer to them!
Good Kill and in the words of George Peppard:
"CONFIRMED".

Charlie3
09-13-2010, 20:24
Ahem, er, ah, Fog of war and all that sir.
As I am anything but High Command, I defer to them!
Good Kill and in the words of George Peppard:
"CONFIRMED".Ah! but did he bring back the piece of the covering? or was it just a victory for the Fatherland?:rolleyes:

Charlie3
09-13-2010, 20:27
Was glad to join and will be there every week I can in the future. Current mini's stock is 2 Sopwith Camels, 1 Sopwith Snipe, 2 DV's, 2 DH4's, and 2 RE8's. Got 2 Fokker triplanes, a Spad XIII, and a DVII in the mail hopefully arriving tuesday afternoon.
Had fun last tuesday. Helped bag the the triplane with my Camel, and downed the DVII in a tense turning battle. The bomber battle was fun too. Didn't fear the rear guns.Sorry I was unable to be in the air with you Jeff. Although I believe I played WoW with you and a significant other at Gaming for a Cure. (I think it was just the three of us) Good hunting!

Mac
09-14-2010, 01:35
We don't need no stinking serial numbers!
Besides it was Tory he shot down, after a mid air replacement of David.

LGKR
09-14-2010, 04:54
We don't need no stinking serial numbers!
Besides it was Tory he shot down, after a mid air replacement of David.

Oh! He shot down Tory the flying elf, that doesn't count. I could do that flying a weather balloon firing a sling shot. :D

Mac
09-15-2010, 01:36
Overheard at the table yesterday: "I love your nail polish."
"Thanks, my daughter picked it out. . ."

Yes Charlie, Rachel was playing and the newest flyer Renee as well. though she insists cards do not like her. (Looking through the deck. . .she may be right.) But I exploded with only 2 points of damage from a ground shot. Very depressing.
But the Bomber got through, a fact the Allies didn't seem to grasp.

Mac
09-23-2010, 07:10
Woohoo! Got 4 sortees in. Two in an SE5 and Two in a Pfalz.
No ladies present this time, just Ab.:)
Looking over my number of missions VS KIA I think I will start to hightail it out of the area at 7 damage from now on. . .

LGKR
09-23-2010, 08:25
Woohoo! Got 4 sortees in. Two in an SE5 and Two in a Pfalz.
No ladies present this time, just Ab.:)
Looking over my number of missions VS KIA I think I will start to hightail it out of the area at 7 damage from now on. . .

7 points! Then I should have left the table after the first pass in that 3rd game. Drew a 4 and a 5 from one plane, a 1 from another. I stayed in and got 2 kills and survived with 4 points.

Charlie3
09-23-2010, 09:54
7 points! Then I should have left the table after the first pass in that 3rd game. Drew a 4 and a 5 from one plane, a 1 from another. I stayed in and got 2 kills and survived with 4 points.Yeah but you have a better poker face than Mac.:D

He :eek: when he draws something bad, :( when he has to start counting, :rolleyes:when he draws a zero, and :D when he draws a jam.

Sorry Mac, now everyone knows how to read you:D:D

Hamburger
09-23-2010, 13:25
:(:( I feel so left out :rolleyes:

Mac
09-29-2010, 01:30
Well three missions went into the log book yesterday, not one KIA for me in a Camel for two and an SE5 for the last. Though forced to land on mission 2 I managed to survive,and one Kill brought me to a tie with my own mortality.
Sadly though, the Allies didn't fare well, allowing the Central Powers to freely Photo Recon, and then Bomb a target to worthless cinders. AND. . .even with Three planes (3)! We couldn't manage to bring down newbie Jessie in his Pfalz. . .which was on fire!
Still a great evening.

Charlie3
09-29-2010, 07:25
Sounds like you ALL need to go back to gunnery school! I hope the newbie had fun

Hamburger
11-04-2010, 18:10
Is Ab a player?? Sounds like a good league!

LGKR
11-04-2010, 18:26
Is Ab a player?? Sounds like a good league!

Ab is John Abernethy, our Ace of Aces. A 50 something gamer and tactician that consistently kicks everyones rear end on a regular basis. :D

rrodrick
11-05-2010, 00:34
This sounds like fun! Great fun! My games are more catch as catch can with the gaming group. A league like this would be nice.

Then again, any WoW game is a great game!

Mac
11-05-2010, 01:26
Just do not offer to be Ab's wingman and fly off. . .

LGKR
11-05-2010, 07:46
Just do not offer to be Ab's wingman and fly off. . .

...or cut off his shot, or fly the periphery, or hang back while he soaks up all the damage, or leave the board with half damage, or... :D

In fact all these things enrage me too. :mad:

Mac
11-05-2010, 10:05
:D
I know! The other John was quite upset I didn't tear at the enemy head on! He usually does not, so I decided to try and get in a side shot, i.e. live a bit longer.
And where was he at the end? Running for his life. . .with 8 damage!!

Charlie3
11-08-2010, 16:45
This sounds like fun! Great fun! My games are more catch as catch can with the gaming group. A league like this would be nice.

Then again, any WoW game is a great game!Maybe this winter you can cut across the lake after it freezes and join us for a few flights:rolleyes:

If you are ever in our neck of the woods pm one of us...we play nearly every week all year long.;)