PDA

View Full Version : About new minitures

PanzerRanger
09-02-2010, 10:15
I asked this question to FFG a couple of days ago:

Me and my friends really enjoy Wings of war WW2 editions. But lots of the aircrafts are missing as models like the Yak, Me 109 E7 and E6 versions and the Reggiane for example. Are you planing on making these or some of the others.:

And this is the answer:
A miniature of the Re.2001 will be in WW2 Series 3 Miniatures, to be hopefully released within the year; the same Series 3 will include the Yak . No plans for other Reggiane or Yak, at the moment.
The Me.109 E-7 cards are in the "Eagles of the Reich" booster pack - no miniatures, but the statistics are just the same of the E-4 version and you could use the E-4 miniature for that (or an E-3 giving it one more point of substained damage, raising the total to 18). At this scale, we are not always able to put in the model the very tiny differences from one version to the other, since the differences are not so relevant in 1/200 scale. In the case of the E-4 and the E-7, the only difference was in the fact that the first was often added the possibility to bring a 300 lt. external fuel tank or a 500 kg bomb, while the E-7 had it directly from the factory: so identification of the version is even hard on the real plane!
You could also use the available Me.109 miniatures for the E-5 and E-6, the photo-recon version, even if our illustrator and historian Vincenzo Auletta did not find any documented and interesting plane of that version to be inserted in the booster or made as a miniature (it is again hard to identify them on the photographs): they would bot fire at B (A at long range) and while the E-5 would sustain 18 points of damage, the E-6 would just take 17 of them (making it the same of the E-1, that's in the "Eagles of the Reich" booster).

Thanks a lot and all the best!

Andrea

Enjoy :)

Hanomag
09-02-2010, 13:20
Thanks for posting the info. Makes sense what Andrea says. I guess the same goes for other planes like the B-25 Mitchell, while there were half a dozen or so mass produced versions, the differences at 1/200th would not be much.

Though a few were made to VIP transports for Eisenhower and some others. That variant would make for some fun protect/attack missions.

-H

Oberst Hajj
09-02-2010, 16:26
Yes and from a business stand point, they can't make 4 or 5 of the same type of aircraft minis when it would be much easier for us gamers to just sub in one they already have. That gets us more planes in the long run!

PanzerRanger
09-02-2010, 22:58
Got to ask to get to know

I think the models makes for a more fun gameplay :)