PDA

View Full Version : A possibly odd question about Austrian Aces

Wolfbiter
09-02-2010, 10:04
Hello all,

In preparation for the arrival of my WWI deluxe set :D, I've been doing a bit of reading about famous pilots from the period.

This may seem like an odd question, but I'm curious...did any notable Austrian pilots fly with the German Luftstreitkrafte? Or did they all fly exclusively with the Austrian Luftahrtruppen?

Since there were some interesting pilot mixes on the Allied side (for example, the Americans who flew for France in the Lafayette Escadrille); I was just curious if there any such crossovers on the other side of the war, such as Austrians flying for Germany, or vice-versa.

Thanks!

LGKR
09-02-2010, 10:37
Hello all,

In preparation for the arrival of my WWI deluxe set :D, I've been doing a bit of reading about famous pilots from the period.

This may seem like an odd question, but I'm curious...did any notable Austrian pilots fly with the German Luftstreitkrafte? Or did they all fly exclusively with the Austrian Luftahrtruppen?

Since there were some interesting pilot mixes on the Allied side (for example, the Americans who flew for France in the Lafayette Escadrille); I was just curious if there any such crossovers on the other side of the war, such as Austrians flying for Germany, or vice-versa.

Thanks!

Godwin Brumowski flew with Jasta 24 studying German fighter tactics before taking command of Flik 41J.