PDA

View Full Version : Con in NJ

Banor58
09-02-2010, 05:13
The Warstore has a Con planned for Oct at the Meadowlands in NJ. I am considering running an event, but don't want to get in over my head. Can you chaps give me an idea of what you would want to see if you were going to play at a Con?
Thanks...

Coog
09-02-2010, 12:10
As an experienced player, I would like to control more than one aircraft and use altitude and most optional rules. But if your going to run a game at a con, you might want to consider the number of and experience level of players that will participate. If you are expecting this to be an introductory game for several players, stick to the basic rules but add a little optional stuff, like a bombing or observation mission with a two seater for each side, to make the game interesting.

Flying Officer Kyte
09-02-2010, 12:52
We used to run two games. One for novices, followed by one for more experienced players alternating throughout the day. This also helps avoid the tedium of repeating the same game add infinitum for the organizers.
Rob.

Goering Ace
09-05-2010, 16:30
I'd like to have the chance to go up against experienced pilots like myself, head to head, just to see how I'd fare. I'd like to have a go with and without altitude rules against these pilots. I also would like to fly more than one plane at a time, but would be fine flying just one in a multi-plane mission. In addition I think it might be fun having a random draw to see what plane you have to fly against an opponent.
Those were just a few things that came to mind.

Scott

Aero825
09-07-2010, 15:17
I've always wanted to go up against people other than my dad:). I wonder what it's like.
Happy Flying!

Hunter

Oberst Hajj
09-07-2010, 22:40
What is/are your time slot(s)? That will help us work out some game stuff for you.