PDA

View Full Version : BRF Malta scenario 5: Chaos on The Ground January 5, 1941

Barkmann
09-09-2014, 19:04
Hey Guys,

I tried to create another scenario for the Mediterranean Campaign which im playing. This is my forst Briefing so things may go wrong.
Well the scenario is based on a German bombardment on a British airfield. Its NOT historically accurate.
So the Axis side consist of: Two Stukas and a fighter ( the player chooses the latter and it can italian too, so as one of the Stukas ).
Their objective is to bomb an Airfield. There they will encounter a Bomber ( I used a Lancaster, but you can use any other medium or heavy British bomber ), defended by two Allied fighters, two A troop cards and one AA gun (D damage). This way, the Stukas should bomb the British bomber and get back to base. I did the mission this way: if the bombers could drop their bomb in the Lancaster ( the picture of the bomb ) this counts as 1 hit. The bomber can take 2 hits. If just a part of the card reaches the Lancaster, this counts as 0,5 hit. Both bombers have 2 bombs each. The Lancaster can be strafed too. Using this method the damage the Bomber can take is his total, for example: A Lancaster have 1 hit (did by bomb). This way if he is going to be strafed, his "life" will be 15 (the total of the Lancaster is 30).
So to the positioning of the planes:
The Axis planes start in one edge of the table. The distance between them are something like one cm and one base as you can see in this pic:
The Allies start in the other edge:
The distance between them are somewhat like 2 cm and the front edge of the last plane base lined up with the pegs of the first plane.
The table where I played, the one in the photos, is 1m for 1m and 17 cm. Its small, but this mission fitted very well in it. But im sure a bigger measurement will be better.
Well, i guess this is it. If you think something is wrong, or you want to make a suggestion, please do this. This helps me in creating better scenarios.
Thanks

Nick

Blackronin
09-10-2014, 00:56
Creating missions is always good, Nick.
This seems to work just fine.
Maybe instead of a Lancaster, a flying boat mooring in the harbor, to be more accurate?

Flying Officer Kyte
09-10-2014, 05:33
Remember that AA fire from Malta was always severe, so you should always include it in any scenario over the land or harbour.
Looks an interesting game to try. I have only strafed fighters on the deck, never a bomber.
Rob.

Barkmann
09-10-2014, 09:13
Creating missions is always good, Nick.
This seems to work just fine.
Maybe instead of a Lancaster, a flying boat mooring in the harbor, to be more accurate?

Thanks Joaquim. A Flying boat os surely better, but i dont have any mini so for me the Lancaster is the option.

Nick:)

Barkmann
09-10-2014, 09:14
Remember that AA fire from Malta was always severe, so you should always include it in any scenario over the land or harbour.
Looks an interesting game to try. I have only strafed fighters on the deck, never a bomber.
Rob.
Thanks Rob. So maybe one AA (D) and one troop card (A)? Because those D AA have a strong firepower.:)

Nick

Barkmann
09-30-2014, 07:38
Im going to play this scenario now and probably will post the AAR. Im going to use 1 D AA and two A troop cards.
But first test image.

Barkmann
09-30-2014, 07:38
YAY they work!:D

tikkifriend
09-30-2014, 11:17
looking good Nicolas. :thumbsup:

Lt. S.Kafloc
09-30-2014, 15:48
Nicolas could you re-title this as Malta scenario 5: then add your scenario name and a date in Jan 1941 please.

Neil

Flying Officer Kyte
10-01-2014, 00:21
Hi Neil.
I will be ready to post my generic Malta scenario in a week or so too. It will also include an attack on an airfield but with a bit of a difference.
Rob.

Barkmann
10-01-2014, 09:53
Ok, changing now.:)

Flying Officer Kyte
10-01-2014, 11:18
Ok, changing now.:)

All I can say is thank you Nick for adding to the scenarios specific to Malta. We now have a game to fit Jan 41 and it will herald the arrival of the first German presence over the Island, so it could not be better timed. I look forward to playing it.
Rob.

Barkmann
10-01-2014, 14:04
Thanks Rob!;)

flash
10-03-2014, 11:01
Nicolas could you re-title this as Malta scenario 5: then add your scenario name and a date in Jan 1941 please. Neil

Want me to post this in the ETO collection Neil ?