PDA

View Full Version : Mediterranean Campaign - Background

Barkmann
09-05-2014, 18:44
Germany, 04/26/2006
" So sir Werner Leam right? "
" Yes Mister "
" Do you remember the day you enlisted? "
" Oh yes. My mother always told me stories about the Great War. I loved them. But she didn't know the reason. She said that war was horrible. But just to imagine flying machines above clouds. It was marvelous. So when the War raged at the doors i didn't think twice. I knew it was dangerous. I knew what i would face. But i wanted to go. Wanted before anything. So I enlisted myself to the Luftwaffe. "
" And what about your training? "
" The training was equal as any. We flew biplanes with two seats, learned how to shoot, special maneuvers and how to avoid being shot down. I dealt with it with seriousness. By this time The Spanish Civil War was going on. Some of us were sent there to fight with the Condor Legion, and never came back. I wasn't sent there, anyway. "
" Where were your first battles "
" My first battles were over the English Channel in the Battle of Britain. But i didn't take much part on this battle. My plane always had problems and I had to return to base.
The real "thing" happened in the skies of Malta...."

Lt. S.Kafloc
09-05-2014, 21:28
Oh, come on Nicolas. You can't open like that and leave us hanging.......I want to read more. Now it will have to wait until after Border Reiver!

Barkmann
09-05-2014, 22:31
If you want...:http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?19997-Mediterranean-Campaign-quot-He-who-runs-away-lives-to-quot-Malta-variation&p=307846#post307846
First Mission flow!

Blackronin
09-06-2014, 00:59
Ah! So it begins... Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.