PDA

View Full Version : Scenario: Belgian Offensive

Hamburger
08-29-2010, 16:21
I just saw the Red Baron movie and there is a mission they fly and the Allies invade Belgium. The Brits had Handley Page 0/400's. It was a massive battle and thought it would be fun to fly in WoW. So bear with me. . .
You need a large gaming space, preferably a 4' x 4' or more table. Sorry my trans-Atlantic friends, you'll have to convert that, there is no logical hope for my illogical Texan measuring skills. Anyway, 2 or 3 HP 0/400s and any 1917 Allied planes. For the Central Powers, any 1917 planes also, preferably 7-8. This needs to be a massive battle, so round up all your friends. (yes, in Texas we say "round up." No, I don't ride a horse places, nor do I have a ranch!) The Allies start in one corner and have to use the troop cards because their infantry is advancing behind them. The German AA emplacements and troops are in their corner.
Allies Objective: Bomb the German infantry and AA posts. Allow for infantry to advance.
Central Objective: Defend infantry, take down bombers and counter-bomb Allied infantry.
Hope y'all like it.

petitbilbo
06-26-2011, 00:44
Hope y'all like it.

You forgot to say

(Yes, in Texas, we say "y'all", no, I don't charm snakes, but I do protect my neck from the sun so that it doesn't become red)

;)

petitbilbo

PS: will try your scenario (grande?) :thumbsup:
PPS: *NOT* sorry for the pun above

Tomitchoe
06-26-2011, 01:04
LOOOOL.... Great stuff... Now start your engines boys and lets play....

Bluedevil
06-26-2011, 03:07
I love it !:thumbsup: : ( :fokker: + :camel: ) x :guns: = ?

;););)

petitbilbo
06-26-2011, 07:18
42 ?

Flying Officer Kyte
06-26-2011, 08:12
I think the answer is 1917. and just for the record I don't find your countrymen offensive. The few I have met have been most charming.
Kyte.

petitbilbo
06-26-2011, 08:20
:clap:

(I really think, that the following three letters are used waaayyyy too often, but this time, they are accurate: )

LOL!

'I don't find your countrymen offensive'...

Can't stop laughing!

Thanks!

petitbilbo

PS: but the answer is still 42!

Harrier
06-26-2011, 08:33
(yes, in Texas we say "round up." No, I don't ride a horse places, nor do I have a ranch!)
But I do. You know, like a real Texan :D

In all seriousness, might be fun on a free afternoon. What's the thought on infantry advancing? How often/far can they move in a turn?

Aero825
07-03-2011, 10:38
Oh, boy. Hamburger, this has been a scenario I've ALWAYS wanted to try, or at least something similar. A large-scale Giant bombing raid is something I've been working on forever. However, I'm not eligable (did I spell that right?) for a test run because the highest amount of planes my dad and I have ever tried was 4 planes each, and the scenario tanked before we reached the 6th turn. We couldn't remember the rudder jams and all that stuff for 8 planes, let alone 17(?) planes! And there aren't any people around my area who play WOW. (MAN I wish I lived in columbus!)

Aero825
07-03-2011, 10:39
But all together it sounds like a playable mission if you can get the people to do it. We'll keep working on it,

Hunter