PDA

View Full Version : Simple Tournament

Hamburger
08-26-2010, 18:31
In our tournaments, 1 player can enter as any one plane, be it a single-seater. We make a simple bracket and play them out 1 on 1, or teams. Team tourneys are quicker because a lack of adequate players. But groups with many players this shouldn't be a problem.
Round 1: Dogfight. Simple, Clean dogfight.
Round 2: Bombing. Each of the players take turns bombing and then defending. In the event that they "tie" (both players bomb successfully or the other way around) Simple have them keep going and going until someone is the victor.
Round 3: Capture the flag. Each player gets 1 wingman and attempts to steal the other's flag and make it back to their flag. There are re-spawn points where your flag was originally.
Round 4: All-Star match. Being the MLB fans we are, we decided toward the end there should be a team game that keeps everyone who got out early interested and kept from whining, not going to point any fingers or names... Jameson. It can be any game type you can think of.
Round 5: Dogfight. Generally our last round, the 2 top aces face off. Just like round 1.
Well, hope you guys like 'em.

KiltedWolf
08-27-2010, 22:08
Always up for new ideas. I am going to try and run a tournament at our local gaming convention this year.

Thanks,
KW

Hamburger
08-28-2010, 06:33
Sounds like fun!

Goering Ace
08-30-2010, 09:17
I like that idea. It's something Hunter and I could do on a rainy day. Thanks for sharing.

Scott

Charlie3
08-30-2010, 13:40
Sounds like a well rounded day of flying. I like the combinations of missions.