PDA

View Full Version : Series 2 Rolands not released...

Oberst Hajj
07-31-2014, 06:56
It appears that there was a last minute problem with the Roland C.II minis and they are not being released at the same time as the rest of Series 2. For those of you who placed orders from the AA store that include the Rolands, I would like to get feedback from you on how these orders should be handled. I my initial thoughts on possible options for you guys to think about. I also encourage you to post any options you might come up with as well.

Option 1
Treat this like any other pre-order delay and ship the entire order when everything arrives (standard AA policy).

Option 2
Allow each customer to decide if they want to have their order split into two shipments. If you opted to split your shipment, there would be a fee of $5. This fee would be to cover the cost of the extra postage (two packages cost more then one, even if both are smaller/lighter than the original one) and supplies.

Option 2 does create additional issues on the Complete Series 2 orders. Since it was just one product in my store, there is not easy way to break it apart. I can make a spreadsheet to track who still needs what, but there would be no way for the customer to track this... plus it would all be done while I'm traveling overseas by my wife.

So some things to think about and please, give me your thoughts as well.

Thank you,

Keith

Boepp
07-31-2014, 08:16
Do you know how long the delay for the Rolands will be?

OldGuy59
07-31-2014, 09:00
Keith,
Whatever is easier for you. I don't want to wait, but who says Canada Post will get them to me in a week. Otherwise, I'm good until November.

I'll take whatever comes, when I get it.

All the best on your trip. Hope the weather is awesome. You have to post pictures (like you won't).

DarrylH
07-31-2014, 10:43
I've got to go with Option 1, Keith.

Oberst Hajj
07-31-2014, 13:15
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Do you know how long the delay for the Rolands will be?

Bjoern, I'm being told that they should arrive at the warehouse around the middle of August, so not that much later really.

Suffern
07-31-2014, 13:29
We have waited this long, what is another two weeks? Send them when they come, thank you very much/

Boepp
07-31-2014, 14:28
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Bjoern, I'm being told that they should arrive at the warehouse around the middle of August, so not that much later really.

Okay thanks for the reply. I am fine with getting all planes when the Rolands are available. Just wanted to know what the time frame was :-)

Naharaht
07-31-2014, 17:16
Do we know what the problem is, please?

CH_Brun
08-02-2014, 03:36
I take option 1, I'll wait!

Air Cooled
08-02-2014, 04:07
I'm happy to wait a couple of weeks for the complete order, given the additional international postage costs. Thanks for the heads up on the delay.

gothic
08-04-2014, 19:11
It appears that there was a last minute problem with the Roland C.II minis and they are not being released at the same time as the rest of Series 2. For those of you who placed orders from the AA store that include the Rolands, I would like to get feedback from you on how these orders should be handled. I my initial thoughts on possible options for you guys to think about. I also encourage you to post any options you might come up with as well.

Option 1
Treat this like any other pre-order delay and ship the entire order when everything arrives (standard AA policy).

Option 2
Allow each customer to decide if they want to have their order split into two shipments. If you opted to split your shipment, there would be a fee of $5. This fee would be to cover the cost of the extra postage (two packages cost more then one, even if both are smaller/lighter than the original one) and supplies.

Option 2 does create additional issues on the Complete Series 2 orders. Since it was just one product in my store, there is not easy way to break it apart. I can make a spreadsheet to track who still needs what, but there would be no way for the customer to track this... plus it would all be done while I'm traveling overseas by my wife.

Thank you,

Keith

greenalfonzo
08-04-2014, 20:11
I'm skipping the Rolands anyway. The schemes are boring, and the three I have already are plenty for my uses.

Carl_Brisgamer
08-05-2014, 01:39
Hi Keith,

Thanks for the heads up, very happy to wait for the whole kit and caboodle.

Cheers,

Carl.

Pashaproudfoot
08-05-2014, 17:01

Option 1

Option 2

Thank you,

Keith

Sulring
08-08-2014, 00:54
Same here: option 1 and don't worry about it! Have a pleasant vacation in Prague.

skystalker
08-12-2014, 16:51
Option 1 for me also

Brambo
08-15-2014, 22:15
Option 1 for me Keith, I've waited this long, a bit longer is no problem, thanks for keeping us informed.:thumbsup:

Doug
08-15-2014, 23:21
I'm skipping the Rolands anyway. The schemes are boring, and the three I have already are plenty for my uses.

I have to admit that as nice (and good) the Rolands are, I have to agree with greenalfonze.

von Fustercluck
08-18-2014, 07:28
FYI, they were on sale at Gen Con last week.

Captain Chum
08-18-2014, 07:39
FYI, they were on sale at Gen Con last week.

Well that's interesting. :confused:

Oberst Hajj
08-18-2014, 09:53
Well that's interesting. :confused:

They normally express ship some in for the cons... means ours are not too far behind.

Captain Chum
08-27-2014, 20:27
Looks like Ares Games has the Rolands listed on the Upcoming & Available list with a street date of September 8th.
http://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products

Air Cooled
09-06-2014, 08:35
Any confirmed news on when we can expect these?

Boney10
09-06-2014, 14:58
Martin, IGUK newsletter yesterday said the new Roland's were in stock, price £15.99

Xen
09-06-2014, 19:17
looks like someone on ebay has them, high price for fresh releases though!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wings-of-Glory-Roland-CII-Von-Richthofen-AGS-WGF203A-/400769106963

Captain Chum
09-06-2014, 21:05
Just received my pre-order in the mail along with the one Roland that I ordered. I purchased the C.IIA (FFA 292B)....the green and brown one.

Looks like Miniature Market still has them on pre-order but Cool Stuff has them listed in stock.

Diamondback
09-06-2014, 21:55
Mine just shipped from 12-7. :)

milcoll73
09-07-2014, 00:07
the store should be receiving them tue. cant wait:thumbsup:!

Oberst Hajj
09-16-2014, 06:29
The Rolands landed at the Aerodrome late last night. They will be refueled and taking off for their home fields later this afternoon.

Carl_Brisgamer
09-16-2014, 06:41
The Rolands landed at the Aerodrome late last night. They will be refueled and taking off for their home fields later this afternoon.

Good news Herr Oberst!!

Even though I have not been able to fly any missions for almost a year (sad state of affairs!!), AND the set is a reprint, new planes inbound is cause for celebration!

Cheers,

Carl.

Suffern
09-16-2014, 08:38
Breaths a deep, deep sigh of relief...

CH_Brun
09-28-2014, 02:46
Friday I got my series 2 with the Rolands, everything is ok

Thanks Keith!!!!!