PDA

View Full Version : Foker D VII vs Siemens - Schuckert D IV

Dutchy
08-24-2010, 15:30
The aircraft point value chart has the D VII rated at 28 points and the SS D IV valued at 26 points. So far, they are the two highest rated German AC. How did their performance compare or differ?

The DeHavilland DH 4 A/A is rated at 32 points. Is this because of its double A guns or are there other factor involved in this high rating? Dutchy

Goering Ace
08-24-2010, 17:21
Hi Jerry. I haven't seen the aircraft point value chart you mention. Where is it?
I'd need to see the maneuver deck of the Shuckert to compare to the D.VII.

As far as the DeHavilland goes, its high point value is almost certainly a result of its twin A guns. Two seaters with guns like that are very deadly and thus the high rating.

Scott

Dutchy
08-24-2010, 17:34
You can find the point values chart under Files/WWI/Game Aids/WOW Comparison Point Cost. It has point values for 31 planes starting with the Morane Saulnier N to the Sopwith Snipe. The chart also has speed, maneuver deck, gun type, damage, climb rate, ceiling and service dates. Dutchy

krolik
08-24-2010, 19:44
The S-S D IV doesn't have the stall turns that the Fokker D VII has, but it does have a wide side slip. Otherwise the decks are pretty close. Also the S-S doesn't have the non-steep stall card.

Goering Ace
08-25-2010, 06:22
The S-S D IV doesn't have the stall turns that the Fokker D VII has, but it does have a wide side slip. Otherwise the decks are pretty close. Also the S-S doesn't have the non-steep stall card.

So from the sounds of it it has the same maneuvers as the Snipe, so I'm guessing it's using the 'M' deck.

Scott

David Kuijt
08-25-2010, 16:45
So from the sounds of it it has the same maneuvers as the Snipe, so I'm guessing it's using the 'M' deck.

Scott

'O' deck.

Two 90 degree turns each direction, one wide sideslip each direction, otherwise the standard set (3 straights, 3 60degree lefts, 3 60degree rights, 2 long sideslips each way, two stalls, one Immel)

But the SSD4 was the best climbing plane on the planet, pretty much.

Goering Ace
08-25-2010, 18:57
'O' deck.

Two 90 degree turns each direction, one wide sideslip each direction, otherwise the standard set (3 straights, 3 60degree lefts, 3 60degree rights, 2 long sideslips each way, two stalls, one Immel)

But the SSD4 was the best climbing plane on the planet, pretty much.

Oh, I see the difference. Two 90's each way as opposed to the 1/2 for the Snipe, and just one wide side slip each direction where the Snipe has 1 to the left and two to the right. Sounds like a very formidable plane.

Scott