PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer: Another Monday night of mayhem on the sea

Biggles downunder
06-23-2014, 17:13
Baxter and I convened for our normal Monday night 'shoot-out' and decided to replay our previous encounter with a few changes.

We decided to incorporate the coast map plus one inland map as well as our trusty blue felt.

We set up three targets - two colliers at anchor and a munitions dump in the port. The attacking force comprised two Felixstowes, the defending force was a pretty mixed bag - Seimens-Schuckert plus Aviatik.

The AA fire was pretty devastating on the two large targets with the attacking fighters taking their toll of crew. The Felixstowes soon got themselves in a bit of a tangle.

It didn't take long for one Felixstowe to 'bite the dust', crashing just short of the port.

The other one, after an unsuccessful bomb-drop on a ship, did manage to hit the ammunition dump in the port, despite fierce AA fire.

Unfortunately as it turned away and began a run-in for a second attempt at a ship, it too was shot down.

This gives some idea of the imbalanced damage taken by the combatants (guess which is which!).

Again, a lot of fun and much hilarity at the frequent changes of fortune through the encounter!

Hm, on looking back at the photos, I'm not sure I got the sequencing quite right, but hopefully you get the idea :)

When I was proof-reading this post for errors I was amazed at how 3D-like the game mats look when photographed from certain angles (or have I been imbibing again!!)

Baxter
06-23-2014, 22:53
Not since Jutland has our fleet suffered such a loss! Warehouses of sausage and schnapps totally destroyed!! How can we continue the war mein kameraden?

flash
06-23-2014, 23:32
What a punch up - nicely done Wayne !

Baron Rolf
06-23-2014, 23:44
What an amazing AAR Wayne :thumbsup:

Flying Officer Kyte
06-24-2014, 12:04
"When I was proof-reading this post for errors I was amazed at how 3D-like the game mats look when photographed from certain angles (or have I been imbibing again!!)"

Probably Wayne.

However, it is amazing how easy it is to lose cards on the terrain, and taking photos of some of the camouflaged aircraft over the table don't half confuse the focusing on the camera.
Rob.

gully_raker
06-24-2014, 18:12
:thumbsup: Nice set to there chaps.
Love those Felixstowes!

(Note to self!---must get a couple)

Biggles downunder
06-24-2014, 19:19
:thumbsup: Nice set to there chaps.
Love those Felixstowes!

(Note to self!---must get a couple)

They came courtesy of Baxter from Ebay. I think this is the link:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wings-of-War-1-144-British-FELIXSTOWE-F2A-Sea-Plane-Aircraft-/111182109538?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item19e2f85b62&_uhb=1

Blauer Baron
06-25-2014, 00:47
Thanks for the ARR and the Ahh as I saw what you meant with the 3D effect. There was nothing in the tea I drank just now...so it must be real..:dazed: Wait... I will fetch the 3d viewing glasses I have somewhere....
mmm cannot find them..
maybe its better I didn't.:sick: