PDA

View Full Version : None: An intrview

Angiolillo
03-11-2014, 03:40
Thanks to the Asociación Cultural Jugamos Tod@s and Jesús Torres Castro, here a detailed article with an interview about Wings of War/Glory and Sails of Glory in Spanish:
http://www.jugamostodos.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4812&Itemid=47
The part with the interview is translated here:
http://www.jugamostodos.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4813&Itemid=24

All the best,

Andrea

Oberst Hajj
03-11-2014, 08:43
Thanks for the link Andrea, a good read. I guess everyone is expecting the Spanish Inquisition now!

Boney10
03-11-2014, 08:58
Noobody expects the spanish Inquisition !!! but after reading the interview I am pleased to see the line "Another thing is: Stay tuned, Spanish ships of the Napoleonic era will arrive soon."

now that I will look forward to

kaufschtick
03-11-2014, 21:45
Thanks to the Asociación Cultural Jugamos Tod@s and Jesús Torres Castro, here a detailed article with an interview about Wings of War/Glory and Sails of Glory:
The part with the interview is translated here:
http://www.jugamostodos.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4813&Itemid=24

All the best,

Andrea

A great read, thank you so much for sharing this with us here! Also, from across an entire ocean, a half a world away, thank you Andrea for creating such a special game! Next to Memoir 44, WoG is a game that I have enjoyed with my friends and family alike, from playing with my children to my father. You have created a very special game indeed!

The miniature planes are quite spectacular, igniting a fire inside anyone with an interest in aerial history. Best of luck to you and continued success from Columbus Ohio, United States! :clap:

monse
03-12-2014, 01:47
Has everyone noticed this information in the interview ?

Waiting for an official Ares announcement ?

JT@: Now WoW is returning as Wings of Glory. What will be new?

Wings of Glory has been around for some time now and it already brought several news. There are new miniatures for new planes, including multi-engine bombers for both WW1 and WW2: More will follow soon with the huge four-engine planes as the B-17 "Flying Fortress", the Lancaster, the HP O/400 and the Zeppelin Staaken.

Flying Officer Kyte
03-12-2014, 02:02
Thanks for clearing some more of the Fog of War for us Andrea.
It looks as if we are in for a lot more great models in the future.
Thanks once more for bringing such an entertaining game to us all.
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
03-12-2014, 05:14
Has everyone noticed this information in the interview ?

Waiting for an official Ares announcement ?

JT@: Now WoW is returning as Wings of Glory. What will be new?

Wings of Glory has been around for some time now and it already brought several news. There are new miniatures for new planes, including multi-engine bombers for both WW1 and WW2: More will follow soon with the huge four-engine planes as the B-17 "Flying Fortress", the Lancaster, the HP O/400 and the Zeppelin Staaken.

We had that tid bit from Roberto at the beginning of 2013 I think it was? There is no release dates yet though.

fast.git
03-12-2014, 09:26
:eek: Missed that one... those will be big. Will need to find room... ;)

horsepyre
03-12-2014, 10:28
Thanks for posting, Andrea. This is the first interview I've read of any of the game designers (not counting, obviously, your many excellent posts on this site), and I really enjoyed hearing your perspective.

In particular, I loved how you explained "hidden complexity." My friends ask me what I love so much about WOG and I always seem to struggle to find exactly the right answer, but I think those two words pretty much sum it up. For as thin as the rulebook is, it's an incredibly deep and complex game. You should be immensely proud of it.

Oberst Hajj
03-12-2014, 12:01
Thanks for posting, Andrea. This is the first interview I've read of any of the game designers (not counting, obviously, your many excellent posts on this site), and I really enjoyed hearing your perspective.

In particular, I loved how you explained "hidden complexity." My friends ask me what I love so much about WOG and I always seem to struggle to find exactly the right answer, but I think those two words pretty much sum it up. For as thin as the rulebook is, it's an incredibly deep and complex game. You should be immensely proud of it.

Austin, if you have not already read it, I think you would enjoy the interview (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?284-An-Interview-with-Andrea-Angiolino)I did with Andrea back in 2009.

horsepyre
03-12-2014, 12:03
I have not read it! Thanks for the link, Keith, I'll give it a look on my next break.

Nightbomber
03-12-2014, 12:09
Thanks for posting it, Andrea:)

Naharaht
03-12-2014, 19:04
Yes, thank you for posting the interview and having it translated.

Angiolillo
03-12-2014, 23:35
More than translated, I answered in English and they translated into Spanish.
So my sentences could be awkward...