PDA

View Full Version : AAR Wings of Glory: Dawn of the fighters (Wreath laying)

WWIflyingace
03-08-2014, 07:44
Aussies found the body of the pilot I shot down the previous day. As I had done before after my previous mission where a foe had died I secured a pass to travel into town. Leaving the Aerodrome I first stopped at a church along the way.

After a brief prayer I continued on. I purchased the wreath from the same kind woman I had before and then called upon miss Faye.

Miss Faye was a comely woman who happened to be able to read and write in German. I had her write a brief message, "To the family of a brave and chivalrous pilot. He died as I'm sure he lived. Well. My condolences."

I thanked miss Faye and returned to base. The next morning before sunrise with Smithy flying with me I took off and delivered my gift. We had a general idea where the German base was and arrived with little in the way of interference. I dropped the wreath and we headed for home. The sun was just beginning to peak up over the horizon.

We made it back over to our lines without incident after paying homage to a fallen foe.

MoonSylver
03-08-2014, 08:40
Very nice pictures & nicely written. :salute: I'm playing catch up for the past couple of days worth of posts so I need to go & read up on your latest exploits. ;)