PDA

View Full Version : Eine vollendete rasur.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-29-2010, 09:24
It was hardly first light when 2nd Lt. Nigel Bouncer-Smythe and I took orf for our rendezvous with the tripehound of 60 squadron over Tigre woods. We found him stooging about at about 6000 feet, and quickly climbed up to the cloud base as we headed orf for the lines. We soon started to attract Archie but not before we had spotted the Drachen which was the objective of our mission.
Unfortunately we had also now attracted the attention of two triplanes of Jasta 60 Secunden who's airfield was adjacent to the balloon. As Lts . Hans Kniescheibe and Kurt von Schoner-Tag climbed towards us, we began our run in toward the Drachen, whilst Cpt. Jack Dawes of the R.N.A.S tried to draw off the two triplanes with his own. After several passes at the Drachen we had all taken some severe damage, and were about to call it orf, when Cpt. Dawes got in a lucky shot on Hans who flamed down to a rather bumpy landing, but escaped the incinerated plane with a broken collar bone and a singed reputation. by this time the Balloon was safely down so we flat ars*d it back to the lines before the archie got us.
No casualties on our side, but a lot of repairs and a rather large dry cleaning bill for my trousers.
F.O. Kyte.

Olt^Jones
07-29-2010, 11:35
ehi Rob very beautifull report ;)
nice play

what is that thing on the left in the 1st pic?

Guntruck
07-29-2010, 12:30
Nice report Rob. I'm surprised Captain Hugh Jarce wasn't up there with you. ;)

Would that be an Archie burst? If so who makes?

Algynon
07-29-2010, 12:31
Hoorah for the RNAS, nice looker of a Sopwith. Is that your new one Rob? Mine is just in the process of being doped at the moment.Hope to take her up for a sortie soon.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-29-2010, 13:09
ehi Rob very beautifull report ;)
nice play

what is that thing on the left in the 1st pic?

Thanks for the comment Olt. The thing on the left is Archie.
Rob.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-29-2010, 13:13
Nice report Rob. I'm surprised Captain Hugh Jarce wasn't up ther with you. ;)

Would that be an Archie burst? If so who makes?

Yes indeed. You can get it at Litcoaero.com
However, the Col. is thinking of bringing some of his own out, so it may be worth waiting for his.
Rob.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-29-2010, 13:17
Hoorah for the RNAS, nice looker of a Sopwith. Is that your new one Rob? Mine is just in the process of being doped at the moment.Hope to take her up for a sortie soon.

Yep that's the girl. Being at Felixtowe, you can do R.N.A.S. home deffence against these nasty big bombers that have just come out. Chance for some different paint schemes. :)
Rob.

gregbond77
07-29-2010, 13:47
Nice report and pics.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-30-2010, 01:14
[QUOTE=Guntruck;22204]Nice report Rob. I'm surprised Captain Hugh Jarce wasn't up there with you. ;)

The good Captain is at present on Home leave. I believe that they have him earmarked for a desk job after that on account of his difficulty in fitting into the cockpit of the new Triplanes.
Rob.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-30-2010, 08:47
As you have shown so much interest in my little sortie last Saturday. Here is a picture taken from a passing " Harry Tate". It shows Lt Nigel Bouncer-Smythe and yours truly starting our run on the Sausage, having dodged the flack from Fritz. When is some enterprising young designer going to come up with "flaming onions" Col? :rolleyes:
Kyte.

Oberst Hajj
07-30-2010, 21:29
Haha, I'm honestly not sure how to do the flack and flaming onions :( I'd like to make them 3D, but I don't like how the Litko flack burst look, but I'm unsure of how to do better my self just yet.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-31-2010, 03:04
Haha, I'm honestly not sure how to do the flack and flaming onions :( I'd like to make them 3D, but I don't like how the Litko flack burst look, but I'm unsure of how to do better my self just yet.

Hi Col. I knew that you had said you did not care for the Litko flack, but I am sure that your razor sharp mind will soon come up with an answer to this little conundrum. :D:D I fancy that it is a three pipe problem.
Rob.

Goering Ace
07-31-2010, 18:31
Love the report, Rob. Nice pics too.

Scott

Aero825
09-09-2010, 14:14
Nice flying and nice report. But my big comment is...(drum roll)...nice triplane! How'd you do that?!? Keep your guns hot!

Hunter

Flying Officer Kyte
09-10-2010, 02:14
Nice flying and nice report. But my big comment is...(drum roll)...nice triplane! How'd you do that?!? Keep your guns hot!

Hunter
The "Tripe" is a Reviresco. I got it at the undermentioned store.
http://www.tin-soldier.com/cgi-bin/ustorekeeper.pl
Rob.

BeastlyHun
09-10-2010, 04:10
No casualties on our side, but ..a rather large dry cleaning bill for my trousers.
F.O. Kyte.

It is best to wear dark brown trousers! :D Excellent after-action report! Salute!