PDA

View Full Version : Where do you play?

Aero825
07-27-2010, 13:43
Me and my dad mosly play large missions in our sunroom, but we play duels and double-duels on our coffe table. My dad has a friend at a hobby shop, but I've never seen him play there.

Hunter

Olt^Jones
07-27-2010, 13:59
hi Hunter i usually play on my livingroom table.or when i go to my friends house we play on tables also.
i am preparing to build a particular table like the warhammer battlefields, but not with tridimensional structures.

Willi Von Klugermann
07-27-2010, 18:17
My daughters and I play on our kitchen island which is large with a speckeled
blue corian top. They say it looks like ths clouds and tend to prefer the German planes because of the different color schemes.

Guntruck
07-28-2010, 01:03
Our club uses a meeting room in a recreation centre, so we can put together a large area of tables when we play

CappyTom
07-28-2010, 02:35
I play at friends, home and at the hobby store.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-28-2010, 03:55
Mostly at home but also at friends houses, and when camping at events.
Rob.

missaak
07-30-2010, 00:09
at work (we have perfect meeting room) and online

Attila57
08-02-2010, 10:06
At home (with my cats permit :D) or at friends houses.

Bruce
08-02-2010, 11:21
I and my group usually play in my basement recreation room. I have 4 tables and two larger hinged plywood playing surfaces (5' x 5' and 4' X 4') with 3 home-made play-mats (felt-like material). My gaming "stuff" is in my "Games Room" which was a basement bedroom beside the recreation room. My "Games Room" is not big enough when we play multi-player (4-8 player) games, so we move into the recreation room. My wife encourages me to move the gaming tables back into the Games Room immediately after a multi-player gaming session.

One of my brothers and my father also host WoW games or "Pirates" games once or twice each year to give us a change. In addition, another of my brothers hosts Battle Mech and Lord of the Rings games several times each year.

I have not-yet played at the local game-shops. I suppose this is because I am satisfied with what and where I play now. My family and a few friends are a good gaming group.

BUT, for the first time (this summer) I played an E-mail game (42 aircraft) over a 7 week period (2 turns per week). It was very good fun. I think that I would play E-mail games any time that I can find them.

Anav
08-07-2010, 16:26
Either my patio or at work (onboard a submarine).

Aero825
08-12-2010, 06:54
Hey Mis sak! Where do you play online:confused::confused:?!?! I MUST know:mad:!!!

Hunter

Wolfbiter
09-20-2010, 20:19
The great thing about this game is its portability. We've played on our kitchen table, DaveZee's kitchen table and at our FLGS, Emerald Knights Comics and games.

DaveZee
09-20-2010, 21:45
The great thing about this game is its portability. We've played on our kitchen table, DaveZee's kitchen table and at our FLGS, Emerald Knights Comics and games.

What he said...

:D

Von Pupp
09-21-2010, 00:30
I usually play in our dinner room that has a large table

Pope
10-13-2010, 06:20
I play aganist my son normally on the kitchen table or in the living room using either the large or small rugs located in it.
While I tend to play games against adults at my LGS using either one or two 4 x 6 foot tables depending on numbers. But tonight for the first time I will be going to Shaun's house along with Scotty and TrenchBucket for a game. Via the forum Shaun and I worked out we live about 5 minutes walk away from each other.
I think its one of the great aspects of WoW that you can manage to play in just about any location you find yourself in.

g.paoletti
10-14-2010, 02:01
Usually we play at my home, or at my friend Daniele's home (d@niele).

On the balcony (we both have a large one) during spring and summer days.

Never been in a shop, but maybe we will try at (Games Academy) in the future.

G.

Von Rotherham
10-27-2010, 10:37
I alternate between my house and my friend's house. His wife is becoming suspicious that we are turning their dining room into our gaming room...

Dom S
10-27-2010, 10:47
Sometimes club, occasionally conventions, sometimes at my dad's house. I've also been known to play it in the pub, but only when accompanied by loud Scotsmen - far too self-conscious myself.... :rolleyes:

MayorJim
10-27-2010, 16:29
Well...I voted for different locations...but need to explain. There's the kitchen, the dining room and then there's the rec room. The deciding factor is a close proximity to "liquid refreshment"...as well as a good distance from the wife's AA cat!

Jon
10-28-2010, 01:20
I play on any flat surface i can find, and my local games storm/club house here in Cardiff. I'm just very lucky that the club, joined the games store, best of both worlds for me :D:D

tonyc206
10-28-2010, 05:04
Down at our local Games club in Kingston. It's upstairs in the function room of a pub ;-) I started with 3 other players and am now increaseing the numbers and some have even started buying there own planes.

I hope to start my new campaign in the new year and get at least 6-8 regular players

Occaisionally play at home on games overlay that I built for the dinning room table (6' x 4')

Canuck
11-04-2010, 08:42
I and my group usually play in my basement recreation room. I have 4 tables and two larger hinged plywood playing surfaces (5' x 5' and 4' X 4') with 3 home-made play-mats (felt-like material). My gaming "stuff" is in my "Games Room" which was a basement bedroom beside the recreation room. My "Games Room" is not big enough when we play multi-player (4-8 player) games, so we move into the recreation room. My wife encourages me to move the gaming tables back into the Games Room immediately after a multi-player gaming session.

One of my brothers and my father also host WoW games or "Pirates" games once or twice each year to give us a change. In addition, another of my brothers hosts Battle Mech and Lord of the Rings games several times each year.

I have not-yet played at the local game-shops. I suppose this is because I am satisfied with what and where I play now. My family and a few friends are a good gaming group.

BUT, for the first time (this summer) I played an E-mail game (42 aircraft) over a 7 week period (2 turns per week). It was very good fun. I think that I would play E-mail games any time that I can find them.

This is the second reference to email or online play. Just how does that work, exactly?

grumpybear
04-15-2013, 05:35
I play at Sentre Box in Calgary, and at homeon 4x8 table

TGalante
04-15-2013, 06:33
At home on a coffee table. I need to get something better but for now it'll do. Kills my back though

Flying Officer Kyte
04-15-2013, 07:06
I can now modify my answer to, everywhere I get the chance.
Rob.

Nightbomber
04-15-2013, 07:10
Usually at my home, upstairs where I have my Gaming Space with large table 2*1m exclusively for gaming and modeling purposes with mats laid down one over another (to get them flat).
If we throw a party we also use the same size table in the living room for the mens' games, while girls occupy sofas;)

Casey
04-15-2013, 07:42
At home, in the "office" where I have a large table around 1m x 2 m that I use mainly for wargaming.

Lt. S.Kafloc
04-15-2013, 09:08
Look for the skype thread in the forum. We have played 3 games so far. I have participate in 1. Very good. Better than email.

This is the second reference to email or online play. Just how does that work, exactly?

We usually play at our club, Newbiggen Sports Centre, my dining table, school (when we take it in for them to play), other peoples houses and at shows.

OldGuy59
04-15-2013, 10:10
I play against my son normally on the kitchen table ...
I think its one of the great aspects of WoW that you can manage to play in just about any location you find yourself in.

I usually play in our dinner room that has a large table

I play at Sentre Box in Calgary, and at homeon 4x8 table Lucky dog!

Look for the skype thread in the forum. We have played 3 games so far. I have participate in 1. Very good. Better than email. ...

My dining room table, with the rig for the overview webcam. Even my solo games are played here, as this table is 2x1 meters (6x3-ish feet):

I have tried to introduce the game in a few local locations, including the remaining LGS (which was refused. Admittedly, they don't have a gaming area, either), with the Officer's Mess being a small success, but no new local recruits, yet.

So, most games are in the same place - all over the world, from my dining room table (Thanks tikkifriend, Skafloc, and others to come).

Skype Players Forum - WWI (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?13916-Skype-players-forum)

Skype Players Forum - WWII (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?14471-Skype-Players-Forum-WSG-Version)

Mike :)

Nick_ace
04-16-2013, 20:28
I usualy play in my central table, close to my PS3.Sometimes I play in my grandmother's house.
;)

Nick

Baron Rolf
04-16-2013, 21:56
I usually game at home or at Hayden's house, there's been talk of trying to organise a suitable venue for us to use, there's no local hobby shop for me so it's our dinning room table that's used or our lounge floor when the table is occupied.

Пилот
04-17-2013, 01:59
Dining 'drome when I'm home,
tabletop in hobby shop :)

gully_raker
04-17-2013, 03:35
:D Regularly at our games club & Cancon in Canberra but also at friends places when the opportunity occurs.

itchy
04-17-2013, 07:51
At home ,local wargames clubs ,a friends house and occasionally put games on at my LGS and this may be hard to believe but once when we had a nice warm ,sunny day with no winds we played in my back garden , ah those long lost days when the UK had summers that didnt involve snow ,floods and gales .

Flying Officer Kyte
04-17-2013, 10:54
At home ,local wargames clubs ,a friends house and occasionally put games on at my LGS and this may be hard to believe but once when we had a nice warm ,sunny day with no winds we played in my back garden , ah those long lost days when the UK had summers that didnt involve snow ,floods and gales .

Really Richard! You don't look that old.;)
Rob.

milcoll73
10-06-2014, 00:53
wherever,whenever, however i can:p!!! we have regular game nights at a friends house and working at the flgs has its benefits;)