PDA

View Full Version : Flight of the Giants bases?

LazyEyedPsycho
07-22-2010, 21:29
Hey Col,

Just wondering if you plan on making flight stands for 1/144 bombers now that Giants has been released? If you've already answered this somewhere else I apologize, my search-fu is weak tonight. :o

LazyEyedPsycho
07-22-2010, 21:30
Specifically thinking of the Gotha... :D

Oberst Hajj
07-22-2010, 23:37
I'll look into offering them once I get my hands on a copy of FotG. I should have it this week or early next.

LazyEyedPsycho
07-23-2010, 20:54
Sweet... :D

AmesAce
07-24-2010, 18:16
I'm interested in the bases as well.

Fusilier55
07-30-2010, 13:30
as am I, I can't wait until Nexus gets around to making bombers. thouggh I will stille buy their's when they do. I am such an addict....

Flying Officer Kyte
07-31-2010, 01:50
Is there even any idea at all about when some of the bomber models will be started?
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
07-31-2010, 02:17
I think I heard next year, but don't have my emails here at work to verify that.

Desaix
08-25-2010, 16:13
I also want Fotg bases, quickly if possible... Particularly for the Handley Page...
Hajj, wipe your slaves in the factory ! :)

tuladin
08-25-2010, 17:44
I think you mean "whip your slaves in the factory."

At least I hope you do.

Oberst Hajj
08-25-2010, 18:43
It's still on my to do list. I'm going to be looking for a new laser shop or into buying my own laser as the shop I'm using now is just not reliable for getting jobs done on time. They do good work, but it's never on time.

Desaix
08-25-2010, 21:29
I think you mean "whip your slaves in the factory."

At least I hope you do.

Yes, rigth, whip hehe...

So Hajj do have any an ETA on that item in your to do list ?
Before Thanksgiving ? Christmas ?....

Oberst Hajj
08-26-2010, 04:44
Well, if I can get my laser supply issues sorted out, hopefully before Halloween!

Oberst Hajj
08-30-2010, 19:32
Okay, Nexus is only putting out the Gotha G.V and the Caproni CA.3 and I am working on those bases now. Since I don't really build any kits, can some one give me a list of what is out there that I should look at making bases for? To be considered, there has to be a kit in production/available now and the kit has to have a matching card in FoG.

Thanks.

Wrglaser
08-31-2010, 00:42
OK Colonel, I think I have an excel file that suits your need. How can I upload it here?

Flying Officer Kyte
08-31-2010, 01:54
The only one that I have in the pipeline at present is the AEG G IV.
Rob.

Dom S
08-31-2010, 02:46
There aren't very many models available - the ones that I know of are:

Skytrex
Gotha G.IV
AEG G.IV

Reviresco
AEG G.IV
Friedrichshafen G.III

Of those the AEG has no WoW card, while the WoW Gotha is a G.V, which only leaves the Friedrichshafen.... That said, given the minimal performance differences between the G.IV and G.V, it may be worth saying "near enough" and simply recommending using the G.V stats and card for the G.IV model and stand.

Dom.

(Additionally Sram make / made (it's often hard to tell with them....) a Gotha G.IV, Zeppelin Staaken R.VI, Caproni Ca.33, Friedrichshafen G.III and Handley-Page 0/400.... Unfortunately these are very fragile and expensive resin models, with patchy availability to boot, so much as I'd love to recommend them, umm, I wouldn't....)

Wrglaser
08-31-2010, 02:52
Opss.. I forgot we are talking about bombers only.
Therefore I agree with Dom.
Sergio

Flying Officer Kyte
08-31-2010, 03:22
Yes Dom is right as usual. I'm quite happy to go along with nearest fit, until someone comes along with the correct stats, and then it's back to producing the custom cards.
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
08-31-2010, 08:25
Since I'm not up to speed on my bombers very much, is there a big visual difference between the Gotha IV and V? I'm very hesitant to make bases for the IV if only a hand full of people have this kits and are sticklers for not just using the official stats of the V.

Desaix
08-31-2010, 09:05
A Gotha paper kit is easy to get and very cheap (well this is paper after all) : https://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models/aircraft/Gotha-Bombdropper.html

Maybe you can do a single base for large bombers with all the fire arcs for the Gotha and Handley so we can use and color the ones we need ?

Dom S
08-31-2010, 09:36
Col. - moderate differences, but broadly the same airframe - the consistent one is that the G.V has rather smaller engine nacelles, since the fuel tanks were in the nacelles of the G.IV, but moved in the G.V (due to the tendency to rupture all over the hot engines starting a massive fire if you crashed on landing....) There were other differences too, but that's the big one, and most others only applied to some machines, eg. later G.Va and G.Vb had biplane tails, while the latter had improve 4-wheel undercarriages, but the original G.V had the same tail and undercarriage as the G.IV....

The basic lines of the aircraft were the same though, and in terms of what's available, the models out there are all G.IVs. (I think including the Fiddler's Green paper "G.V" linked above - the main visual identifier between the two is that the G.V's engine nacelles are between the two wings, while the G.IV's sit on the lower wing, as can be seen in the Fiddler's Green model - a prime example of how much people will take issue with using the two interchangeably....)

It therefore simply becomes an issue of "is it worth catering to the G.IV or not?" There are no G.V models out there, and performance-wise there was so little between the two that I certainly can't see any issue with using the G.V stats for G.IV models. (The only slightly notable difference was a lower rate of climb for the G.V.) The bottom line for anyone with a model Gotha is that their model is bound to be of a G.IV, so they can either use it with the G.V stats in WoW, or not use it at all. I know which option I'd go for.... :rolleyes:

Dom.

PS - Desaix - the Gotha and Handley-Page have different sized cards, and therefore bases....

Flying Officer Kyte
08-31-2010, 11:59
Apart from what Dom says, the only other factoid that I can find is that some of the GVs were up gunned to two nose guns and or twin tail guns but that can be accommodated for in the damage cards, so no worries there. I think Dom is spot on with his assessment of the situation.You pays your money and takes your choice. I know I will with the AEG. and that one is a lot more problematic. I may even have to do some real research on that one. Oh horror, gasp.
Go ahead Col. Do whatever you think is best.
Rob.

Dom S
08-31-2010, 13:10
Upgunning was fairly rare as it ate into the bombload too much, and isn't an issue in terms of the game anyway, as the cards in FOTG are for G.Vs with "B" guns fore and aft - ie. single guns just like the G.IVs had.

Oberst Hajj
08-31-2010, 15:45
Alright, it seems that most of the Gotha's had the same guns, or at least the same firing arcs and that is all that is on the base anyway. Since there are official stats out on the V, these bases will not be like my 1/144 WWII bomber bases, but like the Scout/Roland etc. (copyright stuff and all ;) )

So, we will have one Gotha base that apparently will work for both the IV and V if someone decides they just have to have a costume card and stats made, they can do it!

Desaix
09-01-2010, 09:21
PS - Desaix - the Gotha and Handley-Page have different sized cards, and therefore bases....

Yes I meant Staaken and Handley... You see the idea anyway...
That way it will be financially better for Hajj to produce bases for Fotg...

mr7q
09-01-2010, 15:12
I was hoping to get most of the bombers flying myself, as I really like them on the tabletop for some reason.

The Handley Page is available in a relatively easy to construct paper model (as is the Gotha). Additionally, the Caproni Ca.3 is in a relatively cheap and available paper model as well, but it's what I would consider an expert build (about halfway through, finally got the craft wire I was waiting for). I'll review that kit upon completion. Additionally, I've got a pair of Reviresco Friedrichschaffen GIII's in the construction queue.

I have plans on finishing up my paper Zeppelin Staaken after completing the modelling of the Ca.3 and Friedrichschaffen. If I could find someone that did skinning work in photoshop, it'd go a whole lot faster, but I'm plodding along with the GIMP. If that actually turns out, I may do the Felixstowe/Curtiss as well. Wouldn't get hopes up for that happening soon, though, as I have work that I need to do that sadly takes priority as it tends to pay for these hobbies. :(

In short, if all the bases were available, I would in all likelyhood (assuming the price wasn't exorbitant, which I have no expectation that it would be) purchase two for each plane in FOTG.

However, if there were blank bases of both the large and small sizes available for a reasonable cost, I would purchase them and then just use a sharpie to draw on them. I looked at using Litko's custom base maker, but it looked like there was a minimum order of 10 each, which I really didn't need.

Desaix
09-01-2010, 17:04
Martin, if you could provide your links to the paper models, it would be great ...

mr7q
09-01-2010, 20:44
Caproni Ca.3 ($7):
http://ecardmodels.com/product_info.php?products_id=720

Handley Page 0/400 (Free!)
http://www.bobscardmodels.com/page3.htm

Gotha G.V/IV ($8.50)
https://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models/Aircraft/Gotha-Bombdropper.html

As for my own, they're not quite ready for prime time! Hopefully, soon, though. Sadly, I get really anal about these things and get frustrated when the lozenge pattern on the side of the fuselage doesn't match up with the top or bottom! I may just put a flat texture on that thing and be done with it! :)

Hope this helps! The nice thing about paper is that scale doesn't matter. Just figure out the conversion to 1/144, and print away! The 0/400 is a great kit to start with, and not too complex, and the price is definitely right if one's not sure one is capable of seeing the project through.

Oberst Hajj
09-01-2010, 23:03
I was thinking about making "complete" bases for the Gotha and Caproni and then offering blank bases in the two sizes. These bases would have the altitude rings and dials like the rest of my bases, just no firing arcs. Then you could place it over the FoG card and use a Sharpie to draw them on.

Flying Officer Kyte
09-02-2010, 01:40
I was thinking about making "complete" bases for the Gotha and Caproni and then offering blank bases in the two sizes. These bases would have the altitude rings and dials like the rest of my bases, just no firing arcs. Then you could place it over the FoG card and use a Sharpie to draw them on.

Sounds Ideal to me Col.:)
Rob.

Desaix
09-08-2010, 21:54
I have received my 1/144 Handley Page, I am ready to order the stand... :)

http://images.boardgamegeek.com/images/pic803569_md.jpg

Oberst Hajj
09-09-2010, 00:17
I hope to have the prototypes in hand this week to approve. If every thing looks good, and I expect it to, they should be on the site next week.

Wrglaser
09-09-2010, 02:47
Hello Desaix,
where did you find the 1/144 model? I was looking for it since long....

Wrglaser
09-09-2010, 02:48
I'm sorry guys, I guess the answer to my question was just 2 mails above....

Desaix
09-09-2010, 09:57
It is a home made balsa shape sold on ebay by this vendor: http://stores.cafr.ebay.ca/jsmwarplanes. He is also doing commissioned orders I think...

Hajj, what will be the peg to go into the giant base ? The large ones from the balloon or regular small one? I vote for balloon one....

Snowy
09-09-2010, 19:30
It is a home made balsa shape sold on ebay by this vendor: http://stores.cafr.ebay.ca/jsmwarplanes. He is also doing commissioned orders I think...

Hajj, what will be the peg to go into the giant base ? The large ones from the balloon or regular small one? I vote for balloon one....

Desaix, Thanks for sharing. I have to admit, that is the first Handley PAge I have seen in 1/144th scale. It is huge!

I was wondering if you could share the measurement of the wing span on your model. I have created a rough plan for building the Gotha, but I had no reference for the Handley page. In mm would be great.

For those who haven't seen the Gotha: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1852
I warn you it is rough though, but it does get a mini in the game.

Col, you don't know of any Top view art work available of the Handley Page do you? If I can get a good pic, I can do the same type of model plan.

I have seen plenty of side profiles, but not from the top.

Martin, thanks for the links, that is a great reference. If I get some time I might try some of those.

Wrglaser
09-10-2010, 00:40
I scratch built a Friedrichshafen (you can find the pictures under Photos, title: "My planes") and - if I don't find alternatives - will do the same for Caproni Ca 3 and 4 and Handley Page O/100 and 400.
An option could be the 1/72 paper model of the link further above, simply halving the print sizes.

Cheers

Oberst Hajj
09-10-2010, 01:52

Currently I have them using the regular peg for a couple of reasons. First, not everyone has the Balloon Busters expansion. This means they will not have the larger pegs. Also, using the larger pegs would require that I either drop the altitude ring from the base, or create and stock a larger set of dial just for these bases. If sells of these bases are any thing like the 1/144 scale WWII bomber bases I offer, I will not sell enough of them to make it worth my time to do a larger dial set.

All that being said, it is really going to come down to how sturdy the mini/base combo is on the gaming table. Tony is building me a Gotha, when I get it I'll be able to determine with peg they need to have (but this will not be any time soon).

Desaix
09-10-2010, 09:00
Yes, stability is the main issue, they are so big that I doubt they can be stable with a single small peg... Particularly if the model is mad of metal...
I have a Fe2b in metal (reivisico, around 1/3 of the size of a Handley page) et cannot stay on a small peg with magnet and ball as he is too heavy...

Oberst Hajj
09-10-2010, 21:43
I'll look in to it once I have my Gotha in hand.

tonyc206
12-03-2010, 07:37
The HP and Staaken will need the larger pegs and a much larger base (I'll put a photo of my HP up). The Gotha and all others can use the standard pegs and an intermediate sized base (like a fighter base but 3x width).

Tony

squiggie
12-03-2010, 14:13
I have the Handley Page on a small peg. I drilled a hole in the fuselage before painting and inserted a peg. The base is a colour photocopy on a 3mm mdf base bought off of ebay. Although not clear, it is still fairly easy to use. The pegs get a little unstable over 3 , which I have improved by glueing a few together to make longer pegs. Will put on pics if anyone interested.

MayorJim
12-03-2010, 14:22
The HP and Staaken will need the larger pegs and a much larger base (I'll put a photo of my HP up). The Gotha and all others can use the standard pegs and an intermediate sized base (like a fighter base but 3x width).

Tony

These look so big that you'll need a garden stake to hold them up :D

Bluedevil
12-04-2010, 01:19
I have a question... It may be very obvious for most people here but what exactly is a "sharpie" :confused:
I can imagine a lot and have a fair idea of what it is but well...a picture would be nice.:o

The Cowman
12-04-2010, 01:31
A "Sharpie" is a brand of felt tipped permanent marker that comes in various sizes and colors. I hope this does not violate Forum rules but take a look at this page: Sharpie Products (http://www.sharpie.com/enUS/Products/Pages/AllProducts.aspx)

Hope that helps!

Bluedevil
12-04-2010, 09:33
Ok:)
Thanks, now I know what I am looking for : they do sell similar markers here but of course under another brandname :p

The Cowman
12-04-2010, 10:11
Ok:)
Thanks, now I know what I am looking for : they do sell similar markers here but of course under another brandname :p

I figured that was the case. Glad I could help!

tonyc206
12-04-2010, 10:19
These look so big that you'll need a garden stake to hold them up :D

The HP fits nicely on a ballon base turned sideways. I'll try to get a photo up here asap.

tonyc206
12-05-2010, 05:50
Here they are:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=303&pictureid=6114http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=303&pictureid=6115
http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=303&pictureid=6116

First photo shows the larger peg that I fitted. It's perfect for the Balloon pegs, but could do with a smaller base (with fire arcs too, of course).

Flying Officer Kyte
12-05-2010, 09:07
They look fine Tony. I will have to get my finger out now, and send for the acrylic that my son found a supplier for the day after the Handley was releases. the bit of paper with the contact info on it has been on my desk ever since. Thanks for the spur on.:)
Rob.

tonyc206
12-05-2010, 10:07
They look fine Tony. I will have to get my finger out now, and send for the acrylic that my son found a supplier for the day after the Handley was releases. the bit of paper with the contact info on it has been on my desk ever since. Thanks for the spur on.:)
Rob.

No problems mate. You sound about as organised as me - lol :D

Boney10
12-07-2010, 13:27
Hi Col, any update on your bases for the big bombers for WW1?
I know that the official models have not been released yet, but I do know a few people seem to have Skytrex, Handley page, gothsa and now the new Staaken?
Will you be making any or is it not viable

Oberst Hajj
12-07-2010, 22:23
I have the prototypes for the Gotha G.V and Caproni CA.3 bases on my desk. I've just not had time to modify my Gotha to check it (Tony did a very nice job building and painting it, so I don't want to mess it up by rushing it). The prototypes match the cards in size and use the standard WoW flight pegs.

Not sure if I will get around the the HP 400, as I have to have a miniature to work with to produce and test the bases with. since I don't have the time to build one, chances are one will not get made :(

Flying Officer Kyte
12-08-2010, 00:05
I have the prototypes for the Gotha G.V and Caproni CA.3 bases on my desk. I've just not had time to modify my Gotha to check it (Tony did a very nice job building and painting it, so I don't want to mess it up by rushing it). The prototypes match the cards in size and use the standard WoW flight pegs.

Not sure if I will get around the the HP 400, as I have to have a miniature to work with to produce and test the bases with. since I don't have the time to build one, chances are one will not get made :(
Guess we will just have to source our own then col.:(
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
12-08-2010, 00:31
Unless one of you gents wants to build and paint one for me for... compensated of course in Aerodrome Accessories ;)

The Cowman
12-08-2010, 00:36
Unless one of you gents wants to build and paint one for me for... compensated of course in Aerodrome Accessories ;)

Hmmmm I would consider giving it a go... Could be fun to build! Can someone point me to the link to purchase one? ( or two... so I have one for me as well) :D

Flying Officer Kyte
12-08-2010, 01:19
Hmmmm I would consider giving it a go... Could be fun to build! Can someone point me to the link to purchase one? ( or two... so I have one for me as well) :D
Skytrex. If you have problems finding the address P.M. me. However, I dont think they are in competition with our sponsor as they are the only source of these monsters.
Rob.

The Cowman
12-08-2010, 01:26
Skytrex. If you have problems finding the address P.M. me. However, I dont think they are in competition with our sponsor as they are the only source of these monsters.
Rob.

After looking at the price, I think I am going to have to pass... they are a little too steep for my Dec. budget... maybe after the New Year though! :o

tonyc206
12-08-2010, 03:18
I've just not had time to modify my Gotha to check it.(

I've already done my Gotha G.IV and it works fine on the regular pegs I'll try to post a pic or two later.

I'd be happy to build a HP for you, but the problem would be possibility of damage during shipping.

tonyc206
12-08-2010, 13:48
Here it is as promised

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=303&pictureid=6225

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=303&pictureid=6226

MayorJim
12-08-2010, 14:18
The model looks great...would love to see it painted??

The Cowman
12-08-2010, 15:19
Here it is as promised

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=303&pictureid=6225

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=303&pictureid=6226

I know this is a "hobby question" but out of curiousity, what do you prime with? Whatever it is it seems to cover well without mudding up the detail...

tonyc206
12-09-2010, 01:24
I know this is a "hobby question" but out of curiousity, what do you prime with? Whatever it is it seems to cover well without mudding up the detail...

I use 'Halfords' (a UK cyclists and motorists store) grey spray 'car' primer. It works on just about any material and gives an excellent fine covering.

Flying Officer Kyte
12-09-2010, 01:35
I use 'Halfords' (a UK cyclists and motorists store) grey spray 'car' primer. It works on just about any material and gives an excellent fine covering.
Also a lot cheaper than another well known brand of spray primer!;)
Rob

The Cowman
12-09-2010, 05:27
Hmmmmmm I am wondering what the decent American equivalent of that would be... I am not happy with the primer I have right now... :(

tuladin
12-09-2010, 07:32
I've known people who've used Krylon - a U.S. car primer - and had good results.

The Cowman
12-09-2010, 07:37
I've known people who've used Krylon - a U.S. car primer - and had good results.

There are a lot of different kinds of Krylon primer out there, can think of which one off the top of your head?

tuladin
12-09-2010, 07:47
I think it was something like outdoor/indoor gray primer. It worked equally well with metal or plastic.

The Cowman
12-09-2010, 07:57
I think it was something like outdoor/indoor gray primer. It worked equally well with metal or plastic.

Thanks Larry I will look for it! :)

Sorry for hijacking this thread - we return you now to the original subject of the pending Aerodrome Bases and the models for Flight of the Giants...

Oberst Hajj
01-04-2011, 09:24
Some progress... slowly but surly.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7521&d=1294159914

Looking at February for a release date.

Flying Officer Kyte
01-04-2011, 09:28
Sold to the man in the peaked hat. I can wait till Feb.
Rob.

Boney10
01-04-2011, 10:05
Ill take one of those in Feb too, possibly 3 if its works for the AEG too

vacca rabite
01-04-2011, 10:18
These look fantastic.

Flying Officer Kyte
01-04-2011, 12:47
Ill take one of those in Feb too, possibly 3 if its works for the AEG too

Good call Chris. I'd forgotton my AEG. Make that two please Col.
Rob.

Boney10
01-04-2011, 13:04
Winco will PM you ref a Handley

Boney10
01-05-2011, 05:00
Hi Col, can you confirm, sorry if already done, what pegs are used? Standard or the Balloon type?
Oh and looks like they will work for my AEG so it will be 3 for me in Feb :)

Oberst Hajj
01-05-2011, 05:05
They use the normal pegs. I don't have the cards in front of me, does the AEG have the same firing arcs and card size as the Gotha? If so, these would work... however, they do have Gotha etched into them on the bottom of the stand. Would be easy enough to make one up with the AEG name on it though.

KiltedWolf
01-05-2011, 10:19
Awesome job Colonel -- looking forward to them!

Cheers!

Boney10
01-06-2011, 06:11
Had a look at stats of AEG. Speed, armament comparable to Gotha, span & length different.
But AEG bigger & heavier than Roland, Rumpler etc, so for me the Gotha base is about right.
got to work out which deck is all, think there has been a thread here somewhere.
soooo yep 3 Gotha bases for me

Oberst Hajj
01-06-2011, 13:57
Is there no official card for the AEG?

Flying Officer Kyte
01-06-2011, 15:04
No Col.
There is an unofficial one which I have a copy of.
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
01-06-2011, 22:05
Does it use the same firing arcs, or are you guys just after that size of base?

Flying Officer Kyte
01-07-2011, 00:08
Does it use the same firing arcs, or are you guys just after that size of base?

The firing arcs are so close that it isn't worth worring about. After all, all these arcs are only a best guess. Remember the debate over the Fee.
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
01-07-2011, 01:11
Good enough for me then.

Boney10
01-07-2011, 13:29
Yep looks about right. I tried my AEG on a single base as per the other two seaters and although looked ok something didnt look right when thinking about the size.
I suppose we should be looking at a size between the single & Gotha, but I think the Gotha base will look ok, if not, darn I have to buy a couple more gothas...sad eh

Oberst Hajj
02-08-2011, 09:21
Another shot of the Gotha base in action.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8974&d=1297185547

tonyc206
02-08-2011, 11:05
Cool. I'll take 6 please

Doug
02-08-2011, 12:12
There are some nice models in this thread. At the moment I only have one Bomber that being a S....... AGE. G.IV I used a Rolland C.II stand and the stats from this sight. I agree the S.......... struts are prity feeble so I repaced them with brass rod which produce a far stronger model.

Boney10
02-08-2011, 13:37
So Col does this mean they are ready for sale now? Just looked but nothing in Aerodrome Accessories. My gotha & AEG's are itching for a maiden flight :)

Oberst Hajj
02-08-2011, 22:50
Not quite yet. That is the prototype that works out just great. They will be made with all of the other products here in the coming weeks.

MayorJim
02-09-2011, 14:39
Keith...nice looking stands (and models)...if you're driving, will you be bringing any product to Columbus Origins?

Oberst Hajj
02-09-2011, 15:43
Jim, not going to be driving out... it would add 4 days to my trip :( I plan to have a local store there that is also going to have a booth have some of my stuff at the Con. So, I'll either be packing it out there or shipping some stuff ahead of time. I'm going to have to get the Zeppelin out there some how as well :(

MayorJim
02-09-2011, 17:32
I don't know...the base size looks alright to me...these are BIG birds...the larger base probably keeps them more stable. I agree that fire arcs would "complete" the model...but overall, pretty darn good!!

MayorJim
02-09-2011, 17:36
I don't know...the base size looks alright to me...these are BIG birds...the larger base probably keeps them more stable. I agree that fire arcs would "complete" the model...but overall, pretty darn good!!

Umm...this reply really was to go to Tony re: his bomber build...not sure what I did to get it posted here ???

...bottom line, Tony, nice job!

MayorJim
02-09-2011, 17:39
Jim, not going to be driving out... it would add 4 days to my trip :( I plan to have a local store there that is also going to have a booth have some of my stuff at the Con. So, I'll either be packing it out there or shipping some stuff ahead of time. I'm going to have to get the Zeppelin out there some how as well :(

You're bringing a zep??!! This I have to see... :-0]

Oberst Hajj
02-09-2011, 19:21
Yeah, I'll be bringing a 1/144 scale Type P zeppelin. I figured that would get some attention sitting on the table! I've got games set to use it on Friday and Saturday nights.

Skullduggery
02-09-2011, 22:30
Awesome !
Does this mean we will be able to pick up some flame and smoke counters :):)

Oberst Hajj
02-09-2011, 22:49
Yeah, if you wait all the way until June!

Diamondback
02-09-2011, 23:15
You built a Zep? I wanna know more... from blueprints, guess from photos and known dims, semi-freelanced? Curious minds want to know... especially curious minds that want to build a dual-purpose Zeppelin miniature/transport-case.

Oberst Hajj
02-09-2011, 23:35
It is not built yet... heck, not even cut out yet! I'll be using the design work of Stoff (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=9) and it will be laser cut most likely from 2mm Depron foam (http://www.rcfoam.com/index.php?cPath=42&osCsid=c6fb3a2a7571e67d5527ee95b8de6da1) and covered in Koverall (http://www.sigmfg.com/cgi-bin/dpsmart.exe/MainMenuFV5.html?E+Sig).

But this topic is better suited to PM or a separate thread.

jbmacek
02-10-2011, 04:59
Separate thread! That will push Zach over the brink and he will have to build one too!

Oberst Hajj
02-10-2011, 05:49
I'll start a new thread on it when I actually start that project.

Diamondback
02-10-2011, 15:22
OK, will wait--I've got a few thoughts, which are in your inbox. Found the downloadable plans, BTW--the P and R Types should make a nice complement to the X that I'm "up-scaling"...

vacca rabite
02-12-2011, 10:31
This might be old school, but what about making it from Balsa and doped tissue (or monokote) instead of foam?

Man, and I was just going to cut one out of blue insulation foam from the Home Despot that had been laminated together. This is really upping the ante....

Zach

Madboyo
06-04-2011, 23:02
Another shot of the Gotha base in action.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8974&d=1297185547

Did these ever appear. They look really cool and as I have 2 AEG on order..... I need them NOW! :p

Flying Officer Kyte
06-05-2011, 01:27
Patience dear Chris. These bases are subject to the same criteria that all the other stock is. As soon as the Col gets his re supply from his new producer, they will go ahead.It has just taken a bit more time than he anticipated. I had also decided that it would do for my AEG. as well. It may even be O.K. for the Short Bomber.
Rob.

Boney10
06-05-2011, 07:19
Dont worry Chris, you not alone waiting. I also after a gotha base and like the wingco got a couple of AEG just wating to fit on them. So I'm after three bases as soon as they arrive in stock

Madboyo
06-05-2011, 09:35
Well there will be quite a demand for bases now with the new model source. Lets hope the new manufacturer can manage some good quality constructs.

http://images.zaazu.com/img/iwish-i-wish-wish-hope-smiley-emoticon-000268-large.gif

Oberst Hajj
12-23-2011, 09:27
I have just added 4 new Giant bases to the Aerodrome Accessories site (http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/) at the bottom of the Wings of War Flight Stand page. Sorry, no photos of them yet as I don't have the models to go on them! However, they are made and look identical to my other bases, just with the new names and fire arcs on them.

Boney10
12-23-2011, 09:53
Ok Herr Oberst just ordering, did I not see you mention an AEG base too ?
Also Handley Page ?

Oberst Hajj
12-23-2011, 17:00
AEG will come a bit later, the HP 0/400 is up now.