PDA

View Full Version : Comox History Made - Home Game!

OldGuy59
02-01-2014, 12:25
Well, it had to happen sooner, or later.

Friday, 24 January 2014, I hosted a Wings of Glory game at my house! It was actually due to the video (http://mowen.imgd.ca/myweb/IMG_WebDesignCert_Owen_random.html#wogtrgvideo) I produced for my college course, and two of the three guests were staff and student of the college. As all of the other players were not familiar with the game, I spent the evening teaching, not taking pictures.

Mike [Oldguy59], Andy, Brennan, Jon.

So, the actual AAR is not available, just some rough info. It was two Sopwith Triplanes and two Fokker Dr.1s on the table, in a free-for-all shoot-out. Jon shot down both Brennan (Boom card) and Andy (second pilot wound), so was the Victor of this battle. Andy started a fire on Brennan, which took out his second plane, but not counted as a victory, and shot down Jon in a mutual kill head-on attack (Jon succumbed to cumulative damage). I survived the fight with a decent margin, but didn't score any significant hits. Perhaps too busy teaching?

The Butcher's Bill looked like this:
My plane top left, Jon's top right. Brennan's two planes bottom left, and Andy's bottom right.

I hope this is the start of a bi-weekly adventure, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm thinking of a Skype/Local battle, in the future, though...

Mike :)

gully_raker
02-01-2014, 16:03
:thumbsup: Great work Mike in bringing on new Pilots. Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves.:D

Boney10
02-02-2014, 02:51
Nice report Mike, how did the new chaps enjoy the game, any recruits?

grumpybear
02-02-2014, 05:59
Good for you well done. It's allways nice to play at home, more relaxing some how

Captain Chum
02-02-2014, 09:36
Good for you well done. It's allways nice to play at home, more relaxing some how
+1 :thumbsup::)

Flying Officer Kyte
02-02-2014, 12:20
It is always good to see the game reach the parts that other games never get to.
Well done Mike.
Rob.