PDA

View Full Version : WW2 Campaigns Macro Groups: Western Theater of Operations (WTO).

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-25-2014, 14:21
Would anyone interested in taking part in the WTO part of the WW2 Campaigns Macro Groups please indicate in this thread their intention to take part and which side ALLIED or AXIS.

calm
01-25-2014, 14:24
As the commander of the Tomato Wing, I must serve for the Axis forces.

But I am not against playing some scenarios for the British, too, to try to smash thoose damn tomatoes :D

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-25-2014, 17:03
That's the spirit Carlos. Are you OK with a squadron of 12? Of course not all will fly at the same time but it gives room for progression and replacements are mainly there to begin with. I'll re-post the rules that blackronin devised for Midway and you'll see how it goes.

Neil

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-25-2014, 17:05
Just so everyone is playing on the same sheet I propose the following to save back tracking/time traveling pilots and enables players to play in all areas of the WTO.

I will co-ordinate a spreadsheet record like the OTT campaigns.

Once we have a specific list of players I will ask for volunteers for scenario's. I will post the first 2-3 to kick start the campaign.

General scenarios - that can be played during all the war, in all theatres. Dogfights, bomb runs, interceptions, target attacks, etc.
Specific scenarios - that can be played in one or two specific theatres and with specific planes. Carrier attack, convoy attack, dam destructions, etc.
Unique scenarios - that are... unique! Sink the Bismark, attack on Taranto harbour, destroy specific target, etc.

Scenarios could always have a header with information about availability.

Time Frame (example 1940, 1941, 1942 or 1943)
Historical Reference if any
Type: (General, Specific or Unique)

So that someone skimming the Scenarios could easily choose the most favourable one.

1. Just to add France surrendered on June 22nd 1940, the Med/Mid East kicked off proper on 10 Jun 1940 when Italy entered the war on Germany's side. So, not detracting from the Poland/Fall of France campaigns which were very one sided, I propose to kick start the WTO in Sept 1940 with BoB plus, a little later than it did, the Med/Mid East.
2. Players will have a complete squadron, which may fictional or historic. Squadron's may be dispatched to different theaters as and when each player wishes. It may be possible for allied squadrons to switch from WTO to the ETO.
3. As in the case of the Midway Rising Campaign I would like to include Joaquim's campaign rules:

1. The Campaign
The Campaign simulates, throughout the length of # scenarios, the WTO 1940-194#.
This Campaign has only one or two simple campaign rules. The rest is scenario driven.
The Campaign management comprehends only two aspects: Squadron maintenance and pilot evolution.

1.1. Allied vs. Axis
Each player chooses if he wants to belong to the Allies or to the Axis.
Players choose 12 pilots that will pilot whatever models the players have available:
1 Ace with one Ace ability and the Evasion Ability;
3 Veteran pilots with the Evasion Ability;
6 Standard pilots and;
2 Rookies that have the "take two damage counters and choose the smaller Rookie Ability". Rookies stop being rookies after 2 combat missions where they successfully fire against the enemy or shoot down a plane.

1.2. Pilot Evolution
Pilots that survive battles and take down enemy planes evolve during the campaign.
A pilot gains abilities and looses the rookie ability by flying missions and taking down planes.
Each successful mission flown gives the pilot 1 Experience Point (XP). Successful missions are those where the pilot is not shot down and fires with success against at least one enemy plane.
Each plane shot down gives the pilot 2 Experience Point.

The first plane shot or the second successful mission erases the Rookie ability.
Three successful missions and a pilot becomes veteran with the Evasion ability.
Per 3 XP's a pilot can choose an ace ability.
When a pilot gains 5 kills he can chose an ace ability.

1.3. Squadron Management
This is pretty straightforward. Here we manage what happens to wounded pilots, shot down planes and replacements.

Wounded Pilots (roll 1D6):
1-3 - Out of Action;
4-6 - Just a bruise. Some iodine and I'm ready for action.

Modifiers:
Ace +2;
Veteran +1,
Rookie -1;
Bailed out/crash-landed -1

Shot Down Table (roll 1D6):
1-3 - KIA;
4-6 - Bailed out/Crash-landed.

Modifiers:
Ace +2;
Veteran +1,
Rookie -1;
Explosion -1

Pilot Replacement Table (roll 1D6)
1-2 - Rookie
3-5 - Regular
6 - Roll again: 1-5 - Veteran, 6 - Ace with 1 ace ability

Replacement pilot and plane will arrive (1D6):
1-3 - In time for the next battle;
4-5 - After the end of the next battle;
6 - Not in time to take part of the action (scratch one plane from your squadron)

2. Scenarios
The Scenarios will be written down as the Campaign evolves. We only need the first to start.
The scenarios may be played differently if you are Allied or Axis. In the scenarios the different rules will be specified.

Marechallannes
01-26-2014, 02:34
I'm playing for Axis at the western front, too.

calm
01-26-2014, 04:08
That's the spirit Carlos. Are you OK with a squadron of 12? Of course not all will fly at the same time but it gives room for progression and replacements are mainly there to begin with. I'll re-post the rules that blackronin devised for Midway and you'll see how it goes.

Neil

Neil, I think 12 is ok for me, if I had 12 tomatoes I would try to put them all in the air at the same time :embarrass:

I'm playing for Axis at the western front, too.

Welcome Kamerad !!! :salute:

Marechallannes
01-26-2014, 12:08
I have to think about a roster and the pilots.

I need a Jagdgeschwader.

...and a few Stuka, He.111 and Bf.110 pilots with squadron names that fit to France/BoB.

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-26-2014, 13:19
I think for the Axis combining sq into a mixed air group would be acceptable, ie Fighter, JU87, HE111 operating within the 12 man group. Each player decides on his own breakdown but within the constraints indicated (ie Ace, Vet, Rookie etc). Or they can just be attached when required.

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-26-2014, 13:44
The basic spreadsheet is here and will/should follow the same format as OTT campaign. I am going to add in experience if that rule is included for advancing pilots.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am3I2owHUyGgdFhSQkJaRTFvd04tdkdvemx4ajFaT0E&usp=sharing

RichJ
01-26-2014, 13:51
I'll play Allied (or axis at a push)
Rich J

Marechallannes
01-26-2014, 14:19
I think for the Axis combining sq into a mixed air group would be acceptable, ie Fighter, JU87, HE111 operating within the 12 man group. Each player decides on his own breakdown but within the constraints indicated (ie Ace, Vet, Rookie etc). Or they can just be attached when required.

I'll create an extra roster thread for my pilots anyways like in the OTT Late War campaign. ;)

Enlistment in the spreadsheet shouldn't be a problem, too.

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-26-2014, 14:43
I've sided with allies so at present its 2 Axis v 2 Allied for BoB

Blackronin
01-26-2014, 16:18
I'll play for the Allies in WTO:
BoB, Malta and Eastern Front.
I'll play Japs when PTO is available.

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-27-2014, 05:36
3 Allies v 2 Axis. Sheet edited to show info to date.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am3I2owHUyGgdFhSQkJaRTFvd04tdkdvemx4ajFaT0E&usp=sharing)

Thomatchef
01-27-2014, 05:53
Looks great but at this moment I just don't have the time to join this Solo campaign. I'm looking forward on reading your AAR's!

calm
01-27-2014, 06:02

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am3I2owHUyGgdFhSQkJaRTFvd04tdkdvemx4ajFaT0E&usp=sharing)
Now I supose I have to edit the sheet to name the pilots and asign planes for each one. Is that correct ?

In the case of my bombers, how about the rest of the crew ? I expect to have some ace gunners :D

fast.git
01-27-2014, 06:02

I'll play either for BoB, but would like Allies for PTO.

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-27-2014, 06:13
I'll play either for BoB, but would like Allies for PTO.

Ok Chris I'll add you to the BoB sheet. I think Sven maybe running the PTO.

Allies 4 v Axis 2

fast.git
01-27-2014, 07:53
Ok Chris I'll add you to the BoB sheet. I think Sven maybe running the PTO.

Allies 4 v Axis 2

Neil, as I'm currently playing a parallel campaign as an RAF pilot, I can play German in this campaign if needed to even things out.

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-27-2014, 08:11
If that's OK I'll move you across to the Luftwaffe, let me know if this is OK and I'll amend the sheet.

Neil

Neil, as I'm currently playing a parallel campaign as an RAF pilot, I can play German in this campaign if needed to even things out.

fast.git
01-27-2014, 08:16
Sure thing. I'll happily strap into an Emil. 'Course, this means I need to look into acquiring a couple Freidrichs... and some appropriate RAF targets.

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-27-2014, 08:31
Consider it done, I've moved you to the Luftwaffe.
Allies 3 v Axis 3.

Neil

Sure thing. I'll happily strap into an Emil. 'Course, this means I need to look into acquiring a couple Freidrichs... and some appropriate RAF targets.

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-27-2014, 11:54
Carlos let me know the breakdown of your 12 planes, any bombers will have 1 of the picks for experience, you can put him where you want. The remainder of the crew will all be S. (Have to keep it simple otherwise it gets too large to handle).

Neil

PS: I would imagine for starters the majority of your squadron would be all fighter types, and an even split for the remainder between 2 seaters and bombers.

Now I supose I have to edit the sheet to name the pilots and asign planes for each one. Is that correct ?

In the case of my bombers, how about the rest of the crew ? I expect to have some ace gunners :D

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-27-2014, 11:55
Having re-read Carlos' post I'm going to work through some simple rules for picking the crews. Some might want to play a bomber squadron rather than a fighter (single seat) squadron.

calm
01-27-2014, 11:59
Having re-read Carlos' post I'm going to work through some simple rules for picking the crews. Some might want to play a bomber squadron rather than a fighter (single seat) squadron.

That is exactly my case, Neil ! :salute:

Flying Officer Kyte
01-27-2014, 12:58
Also from Malta the pick up rate of both Allied and Italian pilots was very good. That is the main reason for my getting a Sunderland from Clipper.
Rob.

Nightbomber
01-27-2014, 13:16
I see it's getting hot here;)
Polish 303rd Squadron reporting combat readiness for BoB WTO.
The pilot roster is ready. Historical names. :salute:

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-27-2014, 13:43
Jolly good show FO Kyte, toppo, just toppo.

Also from Malta the pick up rate of both Allied and Italian pilots was very good. That is the main reason for my getting a Sunderland from Clipper.
Rob.

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-27-2014, 13:44
Andrej can you pm me your roster and I'll add it to the sheet, cheers.

Neil

I see it's getting hot here;)
Polish 303rd Squadron reporting combat readiness for BoB WTO.
The pilot roster is ready. Historical names. :salute:

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-27-2014, 13:50
Scores on the doors:

BoB Allies:
Skafloc
Blackronin
RichJ
Nightbomber

BoB Axis:
Marechallannes
Calm
fast.git

Med Allies:
FO Kyte

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-27-2014, 14:30
To cover different squadrons I would like to propose the following:

Crew choice:

1. Aircraft crew Types:
1. Single seat fighter.
2. Single/double engine, 2 man aircraft.
3. Multi-engined, 3+ crew.

2. Each players has at the start:

1. Min 1 Ace pilot.
2. Min 3 Veteran pilots.
3. Min 6 Standard pilots.
4. Min 2 Rookie pilots.

3. Start Examples:

12 aircraft Single Seat Fighter (12) Squadron:
2 Ace
3 Veteran
7 Standard
12 aircraft Twin seat squadron: Pilot (12)/Rear (12)
2 Aces
4 Veteran
12 Standard
6 Rookie
12 aircraft Multi-Engined 3+ crew Squadron: Pilot/Crew (as req’d)
Total crew/24=Aces min 1
Total crew/12=Veterans
Total crew/6=Rookies
Remainder crew=Standard

i.e. HE III squadron of 12 bombers each with 7 crew

= 84 total crew made up of 3 Aces, 7 Veterans, 60 Standard, 14 Rookies

4. Mixed squadrons will have different ratio’s worked out before campaign start.

5. All replacements will be Rookies.

RichJ
01-27-2014, 14:31
OK tell me what to do next as I arrive at dispersal - do I fill in anything online or just get my Hurricane equipped squadron ready on paper.

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-27-2014, 14:39
Forward me the Sqn number, MK of Hurricane (IIB?), 12 pilots in descending order ie Ace, 3 Vets, 6 Standard and your 2 rookies. (These totals may change if they do I'll adjust from the top down).

RichJ
01-27-2014, 14:47
OK will do

Flying Officer Kyte
01-27-2014, 14:53
Will send you a PM tomorrow Neil.
Rob.

calm
01-27-2014, 15:43
Will send you a PM tomorrow Neil.
Rob.

I will try to do the same, with the Tomato wing rooster.

Nightbomber
01-27-2014, 15:49
303rd roster will be pm tomorrow, Neil. Thanks for moderation.

calm
01-27-2014, 15:57
Neil,

I am planning to send you a file with 12 crews, so you just put Bomber Crew 1, Bomber Crew 2, etc... On the Pilots/Crew sheet, and control the crew member individualy. What do you think ? is it practical from your side, to control the crew members that way ? Would it be too much work ?

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-28-2014, 00:16
OK, we're talking 5 crew positions on the card that comes with the model. 1 pilot and 4 gunners. That's 60. Lets try it out, if it works it works if it doesn't in don't and we can figure something else out.

Neil

Neil,

I am planning to send you a file with 12 crews, so you just put Bomber Crew 1, Bomber Crew 2, etc... On the Pilots/Crew sheet, and control the crew member individualy. What do you think ? is it practical from your side, to control the crew members that way ? Would it be too much work ?

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-28-2014, 00:23
Here's my idea for the multi engine squadron choice:

12 aircraft Multi-Engined 3+ crew Squadron: Pilot/Crew (as req’d)
Total crew/24=Aces min 1
Total crew/12=Veterans (Only pilots gain evasion skill)
Total crew/6=Rookies
Remainder crew=Standard
i.e. HE III squadron of 12 bombers each with 5 crew
= 60 total crew; made up of 2 Aces, 5 Veterans, 43 Standard and 10 Rookies
4. Mixed squadrons will have different ratio’s worked out before campaign start.
5. All replacements will be Rookies.

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-31-2014, 03:39
Ah, as Rob pointed out to me the other day...multi engine 3+ crew what about single engine 3 crew?
Damn there's always something you forget to do.

The squadron just follows the single/double engine 2 crew roster as posted above amended to:

12 aircraft Single engine Triple crew squadron: Pilot (12)/Mid (12)/Rear(12)
3 Aces
6 Veteran
15 Standard
12 Rookie

Brambo
01-31-2014, 07:01
Neil your doing a fantastic job here, when do you plan to start this Campaign?

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-31-2014, 07:29
Once I have crew/squadron rosters in and all are happy with those little things like ACE skills, shot down rules etc.
So I'm quite happy to start ASAP, as I see those little things can be utilised from OTT campaign bits, added in when necessary or whatever. Are you joining in? Axis is a bit light. I'm actually thinking of fielding an Axis force for the Med as wll as RAF for the BoB part. Gives young Kyte something to fly against.
So, so far we have:

BoB Allies:
Skafloc
Blackronin
RichJ
Nightbomber

BoB Axis:
Marechallannes
Calm
fast.git

Med Allies:
FO Kyte

Med Axis:
skafloc

Neil your doing a fantastic job here, when do you plan to start this Campaign?

Brambo
01-31-2014, 07:48
Ok I will give it a go. Could I fly for BOB Allies please, and if possible would like to form a Beaufighter Sqn.

Marechallannes
01-31-2014, 08:18
Ok, I'm ready with my squadron structure:

I./JG 27 (Jagdgeschwader) Major Neumann - Messerschmitt Bf.109 - Guines / Pas de Calais (12 pilots = 2 Aces, 2 Veterans, 6 Standart, 2 Rookies)

IV./LG (Lehrgeschwader) Major Willy Schneider - Junkers Ju 87 - Saint-Omer / Pas de Calais (4 x crew with pilots = 2 Veterans, 2 Standart) + 4 gunners

II./LG (Lehrgeschwader) Hauptmann Richard von der Wüst - Messerschmitt Bf 110 - Saint-Omer / Pas de Calais ( 4x crew with pilots = 1 Ace, 1 Veteran, 1 Standart, 1 Rookie) + 4 gunners

Stab/KG 53 (Kampfgruppe) Oberst Waldo Pütz - Heinkel He. 111 - Lille-Nord (3x crew with pilots = 1 Veteran, 2 Standart) + 12 gunners

I will deliver the names as soon as possible.

Gunners need no names in the spreadsheet.

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-31-2014, 10:29
Sven your basic squadrons details have been added. I've included the HE III gunners as I want to try this part out. If it is too unwieldy then I'll cut the gunners out.

Brambo
01-31-2014, 10:46
Will PM you my Sqn list tomorrow Neil.

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-31-2014, 11:31
Spreadsheet has been amended with all details to date.

Brambo
01-31-2014, 14:15
Here is my Squadron Neil, do you need anything else?

Marechallannes
02-01-2014, 02:19
Nice Trev. :thumbsup:

Neil, I hope it's ok if we transfer parts of this concept to the Pacific side. :confused:

Flying Officer Kyte
02-01-2014, 04:16
Great visual Trev.
I am going to do the same for the Bulldogs if you don't object.
Rob.

calm
02-01-2014, 04:30
Neil, my Squadron Sheet is ready, how can I send you the file ?

Just sent you a dropbox link. If any member of this campaign wants to have a look at the Tomato Wings personel, just let me know and I will post the link here, for all to download it.

calm
02-01-2014, 04:46
Great visual Trev.
I am going to do the same for the Bulldogs if you don't object.
Rob.

Good Idea ! Maybe I will do something like this, too. If Trev doesn't object, of course :thumbsup:

Brambo
02-01-2014, 05:28
Rob, Carlos I have no objection, quite the opposite, I'm honoured, thanks guys, looking forward in seeing them :thumbsup:

Marechallannes
02-01-2014, 05:34
Just a proposal for the solo campaigners.

You can desing your own roster thread beside the spreadsheet. Just a proposal if you want to make it more personal and colorful.

An example (scroll down a little bit and you'll see what I mean):

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?11297-VF-8-Fighter-Squadron-based-on-the-USS-Hornet-June-1942-%28Marechallannes%29

Makes sence as soon as we have our subforum.

Blackronin
02-01-2014, 05:39

You can desing your own Rother Thread beside the spreadsheet. Just a proposal if you want to make it more personal and colorful.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?11297-VF-8-Fighter-Squadron-based-on-the-USS-Hornet-June-1942-%28Marechallannes%29

Agreed!

Blackronin
02-01-2014, 05:51
Here is my Squadron Neil, do you need anything else?

Do you have 12 Beaufighters?! :eek:

Blackronin
02-01-2014, 05:53
Battle of Britain

111th Squadron

Flight A - Red Section
Sqn Ldr Kinnison Lisbon - Perfect Aim + Evasion - Hawker Hurricane (Ace)
PO Andrzej Oppeln - Evasion - Hawker Hurricane (Veteran)
PO Robert Kenson - Rookie - Hawker Hurricane (Rookie)

Flight A - Yellow Section
Flt. Lt. David Gloucestershire (Flight Leader) - Hawker Hurricane (Standard)
PO Chris Boney - Hawker Hurricane (Standard)
PO Eric Seveneat - Rookie - Hawker Hurricane (Rookie)

Flight B - Blue Section
Flt. Lt. Christopher Gitfast (Flight Leader) - Evasion - Hawker Hurricane (Veteran)
PO Carl Brisbane - Hawker Hurricane (Standard)
PO Barry Moruya - Hawker Hurricane (Standard)

Flight B - Green Section
Flt. Lt. Paul Brittany (Flight Leader) - Hawker Hurricane (Standard)
PO Kenneth Sheffieldlake - Hawker Hurricane (Standard)
PO Zoe Barton Bridge - Evasion - Hawker Hurricane (Veteran)

P.S. If you don't mind I'll start my missions still over Dunkirk.

calm
02-01-2014, 05:55
Do you have 12 Beaufighters?! :eek:

Joaquim, my squadron is comprised of 12 He-111s, and I only have 4 of them to field at any time. Will this be a problem ?

If so, I can make a mixed group, with some stukas (I have 2), bf-110s (2, too) and/or bf-109s (5).

I wasn't planning to fly the entire wing in any game. Have I got the idea wrong ?

Blackronin
02-01-2014, 05:57
Joaquim, my squadron is comprised of 12 He-111s, and I only have 4 of them to field at any time. Will this be a problem ?

If so, I can make a mixed group, with some stukas (I have 2), bf-110s (2, too) and/or bf-109s (5).

I wasn't planning ti fly the entire wing in any game. Have I got the idea wrong ?

No, no, Carlos!
I was joking with Trev!
I'll play with a 12 Hurries Squadron but I only have 6.

Brambo
02-01-2014, 06:29
No, no, Carlos!
I was joking with Trev!
I'll play with a 12 Hurries Squadron but I only have 6.

Thank goodness for that Joaquim ;) I don't have 12 of anthing :D

calm
02-01-2014, 06:36
The Tomato Stafell.

Hope it will be covered with glory !

Brambo
02-01-2014, 06:40
Looking good Carlos, I will have to follow Joaquim's example and put mine into Flights, forgot about that part. Also it adds to the story as each Flight develops :thumbsup:

Brambo
02-01-2014, 06:42

You can desing your own Rother Thread beside the spreadsheet. Just a proposal if you want to make it more personal and colorful.

Sven that sounds like a great idea, it will be like writing your own book :thumbsup:

calm
02-01-2014, 06:53
Looking good Carlos, I will have to follow Joaquim's example and put mine into Flights, forgot about that part. Also it adds to the story as each Flight develops :thumbsup:

Will have to do the same :D

Still learning the campaign thing :embarrass:

Blackronin
02-01-2014, 07:48
Battle of Malta and North Africa

HMS Eagle (28 Airplane Complement)

Carrier Aircraft Complement (Complete Complement except stored planes)

1/2 Squadron (801 Squadron)

Red Section
Sqn Ldr Nicolau Lisbon - Sniper + Evasion - Martlet (Ace)
PO Brian Tunbridge Wells - Evasion - Martlet (Veteran)
PO Lee Bromley - Martlet (Standard)
PO Robert Laurel - Rookie - Martlet (Rookie)

Yellow Section
Flt. Lt. David "Arizona" Surprise (Flight Leader) - Acrobatic Pilot + Evasion - Martlet (Ace)
PO Carlos Janriver - Martlet (Standard)
PO Daniel Prague - Martlet (Standard)
PO Alastair Queensland - Rookie - Martlet (Rookie)

2nd 1/2 Squadron (801 Squadron)

Blue Section
Sqn Ldr Dave Ailsham (Flight Leader) - Evasion - Gloster Gladiator (Veteran)
PO Robert Nottingham - Gloster Gladiator (Standard)
PO Steve Laindon - Gloster Gladiator (Standard)
PO Richard Ashington - Gloster Gladiator (Rookie)

Green Section
Flt. Lt. Karl W. Akron (Flight Leader) - Evasion - Gloster Gladiator (Veteran)
PO Sven Zindorf - Evasion - Gloster Gladiator (Veteran)
PO Robert Colombus - Gloster Gladiator (Standard)
PO Terry Peoria - Rookie - Gloster Gladiator (Rookie)

804 Squadron

Red Section
Sqn Ldr Alan Camper (pilot) - Evasion - Swordfish (Veteran)
Sgt. Nicolas Campinas (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)
PO Keith Colorado (pilot) - Swordfish (Standard)
Sgt. David Mountzion (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)
PO Niclas Svealand (pilot) - Swordfish (Standard)
Sgt. Robert Lothian (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)
PO Richard Schwab (pilot) - Rookie - Swordfish (Rookie)
Sgt. John Toronto (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)

Yellow Section
Flt. Lt. Neil Northumber (Flight Leader) (pilot) - Evasion - Swordfish (Veteran)
Sgt. Christopher Petersburg (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)
PO Jan Praha (pilot) - Swordfish (Standard)
Sgt. Lukasz Gdynia (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)
PO Thomas Roeselare (pilot) - Swordfish (Standard)
Sgt. Marco Florence (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)
PO Lindsay Dunedin (pilot) - Rookie - Swordfish (Rookie)
Sgt. Jure Ljubljana (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)

Blue Section
Flt. Lt. John Derby (Flight Leader) (pilot) - Evasion - Swordfish (Veteran)
Sgt. Enrico Treviso (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)
PO Michael Dallas (pilot) - Swordfish (Standard)
Sgt. Will Billingspike (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)
PO Dave Colchester (pilot) - Swordfish (Standard)
Sgt. Art Ariccia (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)
PO Mark Ellesmere (pilot) - Swordfish (Standard)
Sgt. Kevin Berlin (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)

Lt. S.Kafloc
02-01-2014, 08:38
Sven NP. Do you want me to copy the spreadsheet but amend it for PTO? I could then email it to you for you to post and control?

Neil

Nice Trev. :thumbsup:

Neil, I hope it's ok if we transfer parts of this concept to the Pacific side. :confused:

Marechallannes
02-01-2014, 08:52
Neil, his would be nice - as soon as we named players and get the subforum.

Lt. S.Kafloc
02-01-2014, 09:18
No, that's fine. No scenario would include 12 planes from one side. So 4 HE 111's can be escorted by fighters. Scenario's will be broad minded in scope. Some will be more specific and some will be theater orientated only.

I wasn't planning to fly the entire wing in any game. Have I got the idea wrong ?

Lt. S.Kafloc
02-01-2014, 09:20
Well Carlos, Joaquim, Trev's crews are now on the sheet. Its looking good. Just need the missing crews and were nearly operational.

calm
02-01-2014, 09:31
Neil, Please, enter ¨Lucky Git¨ as the Ace Skill for my two ace pilots.

I will send you the planes identification markings shortly.

PS: Can you change "Tomato Wing" for "Tomato Staffel" ?

Lt. S.Kafloc
02-01-2014, 11:43
Can do, Struddel it is then, oops, sorry Staffel.

Neil

Neil, Please, enter ¨Lucky Git¨ as the Ace Skill for my two ace pilots.

I will send you the planes identification markings shortly.

PS: Can you change "Tomato Wing" for "Tomato Staffel" ?

Lt. S.Kafloc
02-01-2014, 12:42
OK, just need Andrej, Sven, Rich, Rob and Christopher's roster(s).

Lt. S.Kafloc
02-01-2014, 13:18
Are we any further in getting the sub-forum started so I can transfer info across?

gully_raker
02-01-2014, 16:16
Battle of Britain

111th Squadron

Flight A - Red Section
Sqn Ldr Kinnison Lisbon - Perfect Aim + Evasion - Hawker Hurricane (Ace)
PO Andrzej Oppeln - Evasion - Hawker Hurricane (Veteran)
PO Robert Kenson - Rookie - Hawker Hurricane (Rookie)

Flight A - Yellow Section
Flt. Lt. David Gloucestershire (Flight Leader) - Hawker Hurricane (Standard)
PO Chris Boney - Hawker Hurricane (Standard)
PO Eric Seveneat - Rookie - Hawker Hurricane (Rookie)

Flight B - Blue Section
Flt. Lt. Christopher Gitfast (Flight Leader) - Evasion - Hawker Hurricane (Veteran)
PO Carl Brisbane - Hawker Hurricane (Standard)
PO Barry Moruya - Hawker Hurricane (Standard)

Flight B - Green Section
Flt. Lt. Paul Brittany (Flight Leader) - Hawker Hurricane (Standard)
PO Kenneth Sheffieldlake - Hawker Hurricane (Standard)
PO Zoe Barton Bridge - Evasion - Hawker Hurricane (Veteran)

P.S. If you don't mind I'll start my missions still over Dunkirk.

:cheezy: I love your "nods" to Forum Wingmen & woman!:thumbsup::clap::clap::clap:

gully_raker
02-01-2014, 16:20
Battle of Malta and North Africa

HMS Eagle (28 Airplane Complement)

Carrier Aircraft Complement (Complete Complement except stored planes)

1/2 Squadron (801 Squadron)

Red Section
Sqn Ldr Nicolau Lisbon - Sniper + Evasion - Martlet (Ace)
PO Brian Tunbridge Wells - Evasion - Martlet (Veteran)
PO Lee Bromley - Martlet (Standard)
PO Robert Laurel - Rookie - Martlet (Rookie)

Yellow Section
Flt. Lt. David "Arizona" Surprise (Flight Leader) - Acrobatic Pilot + Evasion - Martlet (Ace)
PO Carlos Janriver - Martlet (Standard)
PO Daniel Prague - Martlet (Standard)
PO Alastair Queensland - Rookie - Martlet (Rookie)

2nd 1/2 Squadron (801 Squadron)

Blue Section
Sqn Ldr Dave Ailsham (Flight Leader) - Evasion - Gloster Gladiator (Veteran)
PO Robert Nottingham - Gloster Gladiator (Standard)
PO Steve Laindon - Gloster Gladiator (Standard)
PO Richard Ashington - Gloster Gladiator (Rookie)

Green Section
Flt. Lt. Karl W. Akron (Flight Leader) - Evasion - Gloster Gladiator (Veteran)
PO Sven Zindorf - Evasion - Gloster Gladiator (Veteran)
PO Robert Colombus - Gloster Gladiator (Standard)
PO Terry Peoria - Rookie - Gloster Gladiator (Rookie)

804 Squadron

Red Section
Sqn Ldr Alan Camper (pilot) - Evasion - Swordfish (Veteran)
Sgt. Nicolas Campinas (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)
PO Keith Colorado (pilot) - Swordfish (Standard)
Sgt. David Mountzion (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)
PO Niclas Svealand (pilot) - Swordfish (Standard)
Sgt. Robert Lothian (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)
PO Richard Schwab (pilot) - Rookie - Swordfish (Rookie)
Sgt. John Toronto (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)

Yellow Section
Flt. Lt. Neil Northumber (Flight Leader) (pilot) - Evasion - Swordfish (Veteran)
Sgt. Christopher Petersburg (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)
PO Jan Praha (pilot) - Swordfish (Standard)
Sgt. Lukasz Gdynia (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)
PO Thomas Roeselare (pilot) - Swordfish (Standard)
Sgt. Marco Florence (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)
PO Lindsay Dunedin (pilot) - Rookie - Swordfish (Rookie)
Sgt. Jure Ljubljana (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)

Blue Section
Flt. Lt. John Derby (Flight Leader) (pilot) - Evasion - Swordfish (Veteran)
Sgt. Enrico Treviso (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)
PO Michael Dallas (pilot) - Swordfish (Standard)
Sgt. Will Billingspike (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)
PO Dave Colchester (pilot) - Swordfish (Standard)
Sgt. Art Ariccia (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)
PO Mark Ellesmere (pilot) - Swordfish (Standard)
Sgt. Kevin Berlin (Observer) - Swordfish (Standard)

:eek: He's done it again!:D:thumbsup::clap::clap::clap:

Blackronin
02-01-2014, 16:24
And me thinking that I was being subtle... :hmm: :hmm:

Lt. S.Kafloc
02-01-2014, 22:59
Try typing the bloomin' crews onto the roster sheets, that nearly done for me, or was it informe, never been to informe, been known to be incognito and informal a few times....getting up too early for Vapnartak is messing with my synapses and cooking the bacon butties ofr Guzzi and I.
Neil

Flying Officer Kyte
02-02-2014, 00:43
I am working on my sheets to get them ready, but a few matters at home have directed my attention elsewhere.
After both of us being unwell for three weeks, there are a lot of jobs which need doing around the home.
Rob.

RichJ
02-02-2014, 01:36
Battle of Britain - Rich Jones

601 Squadron - Tangmere

Red Section
Sqn Ldr William 'Willie' Rhodes-Moorhouse - Sniper + Lucky pilot - Hurricane I (Ace)
PO David Demetriadi - Hurricane I (Standard)
PO Peter Fox - Hurricane I (Standard)
PO John Boyse - Hurricane I (Standard)

Yellow Section
Flt. Lt. Billy Fiske (Flight Leader) - Acrobatic Pilot + Perfect Aim - Hurricane I (Ace)
PO Graeme Wood - Hurricane I (Standard)
PO Duncan Stewart - Hurricane I (Standard)
PO David Papadimitrou - Hurricane I (Standard)

Blue Section
Sqn Ldr Roger Bushel (Flight Leader) - Hurricane I (Veteran)
PO George "Mouse" Cleaver - Hurricane I (Standard)
PO Colin Marsden - Hurricane I (Standard)
PO David Lomas - Hurricane I (Standard)

Green Section
Flt. Lt. Max Aitken (Flight Leader) - Evasion - Hurricane I (Veteran)
PO Jonathan Brough - Hurricane I (Standard)
PO Garry Sparrow - Hurricane I (Standard)
PO Ronald Booth - Rookie - Hurricane I (Standard)

Thomatchef
02-02-2014, 01:38

Cool I'm flying a swordfish! Looking forward on my exploits. Hate water so hopefully I stay in the air!

flash
02-02-2014, 02:25
:eek: He's done it again!:D:thumbsup::clap::clap::clap:

At least I made flight leader...;) Still waiting a response on the sub-forum.

calm
02-02-2014, 03:32

I liked the surname ! Janriver :thumbsup:

Blackronin
02-02-2014, 03:41
Thomas: You're flying a Swordfish that I still don't have! :lol: Somehow, my luck with the post office maintains its steady bad rolls...

Dave: One must put the right people at the right places, right?! Right! ;)

Carlos: Your surname was easy for me to do, but others might find it hard to guess. Or not. Everybody in this forum is way too bright.

Blackronin
02-02-2014, 03:45
Try typing the bloomin' crews onto the roster sheets, that nearly done for me, or was it informe, never been to informe, been known to be incognito and informal a few times....getting up too early for Vapnartak is messing with my synapses and cooking the bacon butties ofr Guzzi and I.
Neil

:lol: :lol:

You'll do the job well, Neil! I'm sure of it. Be it typing crews or turning bacon.

Bacon! Mmmm.... Now you've done it. See you soon.

Flying Officer Kyte
02-02-2014, 03:59
Thomas: You're flying a Swordfish that I still don't have! :lol: Somehow, my luck with the post office maintains its steady bad rolls...

Have the decals I sent you not turned up yet Joaquim?
If not I think it's time I got onto the dispatcher.
Rob.

Blackronin
02-02-2014, 04:06
Nope.
They have not.
:(

Brambo
02-02-2014, 07:51
Neil, no major changes, just split them into flights and given the ace abilities. I'm going to use this as a Squadron history as suggested earlier in this thread. That's when we get our sub forum. ;)

Marechallannes
02-02-2014, 08:27
http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=90843&d=1369118789

I./JG 27 (Jagdgeschwader) Messerschmitt Bf.109 - Guines / Pas de Calais

Major Herbert Neumann (Veteran) Evasion
Oberleutnant Konrad Bauer (Ace) Evasion + Itchy Trigger Finger
Oberleutnant Cristoph Blum (Standart)
Leutnant Julius Berliner (Ace) Evasion + Acrobatic Pilot
Leutnant Peter Bock (Standart)
Leutnant Harald Keitel (Standart)
Leutnant Helmut Brenner (Standart)
Leutnant Rudolf Diecke (Standart)
Oberfähnrich Andreas Hartl (Standart)
Oberfeldwebel Horst Kirchner (Veteran) Evasion
Fähnrich Robert Jung (Rookie)
Unteroffizier Victor Heiman (Rookie)

IV./LG (Lehrgeschwader) Junkers Ju 87 - Saint-Omer / Pas de Calais

Major Willy Schneider (Veteran) Evasion
Bordschütze: Unteroffizier Egbert Jaacks
Oberleutnant Richard Lewens (Veteran) Evasion
Bordschütze: Gefreiter Herbert Böwer
Leutnant Max Kreil (Standart)
Bordschütze: Flieger Daniel Mühlbach
Leutnant Hans-Dieter Oehm (Standart)
Bordschütze: Flieger Thomas Müller

II./LG (Lehrgeschwader) Messerschmitt Bf 110 - Saint-Omer / Pas de Calais

Hauptmann Richard von der Wüst (Ace) Evasion + Perfect Aim
Bordschütze: Obergefreiter Günther Migge
Leutnant Karl Seeler (Veteran) Evasion
Bordschütze: Gefreiter Hans Biebert
Leutnant Dieter Rusche (Rookie)
Bordschütze: Flieger Timo Köhler
Feldwebel Gerald Koch (Standart)
Bordschütze: Flieger Heinz Ermisch

Stab/KG 53 (Kampfgeschwader) Heinkel He. 111 - Lille-Nord

Oberst Waldo von Pütz (Veteran) Evasion
Frontschütze/Navigator: Leutnant Anton Gaissmaier
Bordschütze hinten: Gefreiter Hubert Bayer
Bordschütze seitlich: Obergefreiter Wolfgang Hunsdörfer
Borschütze unten: Flieger Tobias Blötz

Oberleutnant Fritz Gniffke (Standart)
Frontschütze/Navigator: Feldwebel Friedhelm Kölner
Bordschütze hinten: Flieger Sven Wasserberg
Bordschütze seitlich: Gefreiter Tilo Späth
Borschütze unten: Flieger Ludwig Heerdegen

Leutnant August Hölscher (Standart)
Frontschütze/Navigator: Oberfähnrich Tim Hakenjos
Bordschütze hinten: Obergefreiter Walter Ibold
Bordschütze seitlich: Flieger Alfred Hiller
Bordschütze unten: Flieger Otto Leisner

Brambo
02-02-2014, 08:38
Its looking good Sven :thumbsup:

flash
02-02-2014, 09:09
Fire in the Skies sub-Forum is a go chaps. Tally Ho !

fast.git
02-02-2014, 09:11
Looks good, Sven, I've got to get on this!

Flying Officer Kyte
02-02-2014, 11:49
Nope.
They have not.
:(

Right.:mad: I'll get on their case tomorrow Joaquim. i don't like my Christmas presents arriving for Easter.
Rob.

Blackronin
02-02-2014, 11:57
I'll be glad if they arrive.
Even if in Easter.

Lt. S.Kafloc
02-02-2014, 16:36
Some stats for BoB:

Axis: 115 crew flying 47 aircraft

Allies: 73 crew flying 60 aircraft

Lt. S.Kafloc
02-02-2014, 16:37
Nightbomber, fast.git and FO Kyte to supply rosters.

calm
02-02-2014, 17:30

Neil, Sven pointed some errors in my roster. I will send you the corrections shortly.

Marechallannes
02-02-2014, 22:05
Nothing serious - it's just about the ranks of the He.111 crews. ;)

I'm proud that Tomato Staffel is part of Kampfgeschwader 35. :salute:

Lt. S.Kafloc
02-03-2014, 01:33
I think we should curtail this thread and move over to the sub-forum.

Nightbomber
02-04-2014, 15:48

OK, Chief: Roster for BOB posted;)