PDA

View Full Version : On and off duty again

Rollover
01-19-2014, 10:52
Hi everyone
reporting for duty and off again. I have been lurking on the aerodrome and dabbling in WWI for sometime but studying for my course kept getting in the way. After a trip to UK in December and meeting up with my best mate Skafloc I had every intention of spending the summer months taking to the air. Downloaded the Distant Thunder rules and upgraded my previous solo campaign and started to dream of the air when the bubble burst and I found I have to re-sit an exam before the start of the next semester. So put me down as on ground duties once again :(

On the brighter side I am going to Wanaka in April and there is a possibility I might get to Cancon

gully_raker
01-19-2014, 14:22
:thumbsup: G'day Andrew!
You lucky devil to get over to NZ for their "Big Show"!

Certainly hope you can make Cancon at least for a quick visit on one day.
I hope to be doing a WW2 demo to give Zoe a rest break.
Cheers Baz.

somaliavet
01-19-2014, 17:07
Howdy from Kansas, Andrew. It's good you've found the game, and sorry you are not going to have a chance play it sooner. Good luck in your endeavours!

Flying Officer Kyte
01-20-2014, 00:08
On behalf of the pilots based here in the U.K. who are not Skafloc, it is good to see you posting Andrew.
Hope your resit goes well, and that you then get more time for Wings.
Rob.

Archidamus
01-20-2014, 00:17
Hello Andrew - welcome from here in a chilly Kent. Hope the exam resit goes well - hate to admit that even now, some decades after I sat my last exam, I have occasional nightmares about being unprepared for them :erk:

Rollover
01-20-2014, 01:48
Hi Brian
thanks, it is a bit of a shocker when you get half way into an exam and realise you do not know what you are doing, it all went blank!

Better this time I hope

Rollover
01-20-2014, 01:51
Yes been a long term aim to get to Wanaka which is finally coming to fruition. Hopefully a lot of other things come off this year as well.

Blackronin
01-20-2014, 02:50
Welcome from Portugal, Andrew!
May the air adventures call on you soon.

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-20-2014, 05:17
Welcome back Andrew. Sorry to hear about the exam. And you can let Kerrie know Wanaka is still on the radar, we just have to work out which year!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

grumpybear
01-20-2014, 05:37
Hi from Alberta

Willi Von Klugermann
01-20-2014, 06:24
Welcome Andy.

MoonSylver
01-20-2014, 09:51
Sorry to hear of your troubles Andrew. Real life has a way of getting in the way of what we'd rather be doing for sure. Hopefully things work out for you.

Naharaht
01-20-2014, 20:06
Welcome to the Aerodrome, Andrew, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom.