PDA

View Full Version : Bagged my first Gotha today

Rum Demon
07-18-2010, 19:34
I, along with the Usual Ne'er Do Wells, flew in my first sortie with the new big bomber rules. Jeff was kindly enough to fly the big bird against a slew of allied fighters, plus my DH 4.

The first Camel to get in range managed to trade a few rounds with the rear gunner, coming out the worse for his effort. Meanwhile, the next planes to arrive on scene simultaneously hit him at 10 and 2 o'clock, Don's scouts at 10 and my DH 4 at 2. The nose gunner chose to fire his first and only shot of the game at my two-seater. At that same time KABOOM! The great equalizer arrives. The explosion card. Down goes the first giant I've ever had the pleasure of flying against.

It's an interesting new element to the game and I look forward to pecking at them more in the future.

ktodd
07-18-2010, 20:02
I, along with the Usual Ne'er Do Wells, flew in my first sortie with the new big bomber rules. Jeff was kindly enough to fly the big bird against a slew of allied fighters, plus my DH 4.

The first Camel to get in range managed to trade a few rounds with the rear gunner, coming out the worse for his effort. Meanwhile, the next planes to arrive on scene simultaneously hit him at 10 and 2 o'clock, Don's scouts at 10 and my DH 4 at 2. The nose gunner chose to fire his first and only shot of the game at my two-seater. At that same time KABOOM! The great equalizer arrives. The explosion card. Down goes the first giant I've ever had the pleasure of flying against.

It's an interesting new element to the game and I look forward to pecking at them more in the future.

I agree it was a very interesting game and enjoyable!

Keith

Goering Ace
07-21-2010, 07:13
At that same time KABOOM! The great equalizer arrives. The explosion card. Down goes the first giant I've ever had the pleasure of flying against.

It's a shame the explosion card was in the mix. I'd love to know what it takes to bring down one of those giants with just gunfire.

Scott

Hamburger
08-29-2010, 16:11
Just wondering, what is the model wingspan of a Gotha? People say it's huge, but the Staaken and Ilya Moroumets were bigger. Can't imagine putting those on my kitchen counter telling my friends, "Come and get it!"

And then my gunners shoot them down
hehe

Snowy
08-29-2010, 17:32
Joe,
Thanks for sharing. I am running a scenario on Sept 24 at the Hurricon in Orlando Florida. I was considering removing the explosion cards to enhance the game experience, then I decided the answer was to have at least 2 bombers in the mix and let the damage cards Do their thing. I have three actual models available now so the explosions are going to be needed.

Charlie, the measurement on the wing span is 165mm tip to tip.
Did you see a previous post: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1852

It might help until the official models are released.

Cheers!

Charlie3
08-30-2010, 13:54
BULLY FOR YOU!! They are a tempting target, and a deadly adversary!! Our first one was the Staaken...glutons for punishment don't ya know! We put it down, but suffered greatly for it. Lost 3 out of 5 fighters.

Hamburger
08-30-2010, 14:13
Thanks Snowy! Big help. . . not quite good at math!