PDA

View Full Version : 'A' Damage deck gun jam question.

Tom Cundall
07-18-2010, 12:52
Apologies if I’m missing something that's really obvious but can anyone tell me the significance of two of the gun jam damage cards having a red cross and two of the gun jam damage cards having a green cross in the ‘A’ damage deck as supplied with the Famous Aces box?

IRM
07-18-2010, 13:04
None in the basic game, but there's a pilot skill called "Bullet Checker" (first introduced in all but name in the scenarios section of the rulebook) that differentiates between the two.

Some pilots would check carefully to make sure they had no dud rounds in their ammo feeds before taking off. Pilots with this skill don't jam if they get a green Guns Jammed card.

Tom Cundall
07-18-2010, 13:21
Ah! I did (kind of) read about that skill bit but didn't have the wit to connect the two. Thanks for clarifying that point Iain.

flash
07-19-2010, 08:53
One of the games mysteries Tom but have a look in house rules there are threads on the subject of jamming with various solutions, ideas and answers to your question.

Tom Cundall
07-19-2010, 14:02
I saw your post on the subject of jams. Nice one Dave. That's a good little house rule and it strikes me as having the right sort of 'feel' to it. I'll be doing my very best to get that one adopted. Thanks.